IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Every team has its day. 

Well, every team except Rovers, it appears..! 

They did have their day. They went out of the Football League when it was almost unimaginable that they could go down. A Houdini act of epic proportions. What a day that was for the whole of Bristol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They did have their day. They went out of the Football League when it was almost unimaginable that they could go down. A Houdini act of epic proportions. What a day that was for the whole of Bristol!

I wish i could like this more than the laughing emoji would allow me....one of the finest days on the planet, bar none!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Don't disagree, however at least our gaffer had the balls to manage at a higher level. It seems Clarke is a bit shit scared to take the next step in his career.

DC has only really had one offer from a Championship club, and whilst I don't blame Monk for taking the Leeds job (under Cellino at the time) whilst out of work, I wouldn't blame most League 1 managers who would have turned down that opportunity whilst their managerial stock was relatively high, at that point I'd have said even a top L1 club would have been more attractive. 

Johnson to City would have been an absolute no brainer for him in that situation. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

DC has only really had one offer from a Championship club, and whilst I don't blame Monk for taking the Leeds job (under Cellino at the time) whilst out of work, I wouldn't blame most League 1 managers who would have turned down that opportunity whilst their managerial stock was relatively high, at that point I'd have said even a top L1 club would have been more attractive. 

Johnson to City would have been an absolute no brainer for him in that situation. 

Thing is though it's pretty obvious he won't be given the budget to compete properly. It won't be long into the season before a championship club sacks their manager and if dopey is still punching above his weight with you he'd be a idiot not to look elsewhere. 

I may be City through and through, i may hate the Sags as much as the next bloke but i have to give DC credit where credit is due, he could have managed at championship level with Leeds, absoultly massive club compared to Rovers.

Where do you see loyalty like that in this greed fuelled day and age?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Did you see my explanation or can you still not understand. One big topic or fifteen hundred little ones.. y'know like all the ones you have on slag chat about us?

You yourself have contributed to this thread several times now too.. 

Seems your right Tomarse. Just had a look a sagchat and indeed nearly every thread starts having a dig at us. That **** from Henbury still hasn't given up on his imaginary friend.

" No doubt what so ever i will be blamed for spreading lies about our law abiding 6 fingered friends, because i got previous....

BTW our new supporter from the dark side enjoyed the game yesterday and is looking forward to the new season "

What a ******* melon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I may be City through and through, i may hate the Sags as much as the next bloke but i have to give DC credit where credit is due, he could have managed at championship level with Leeds, absoultly massive club compared to Rovers.

Where do you see loyalty like that in this greed fuelled day and age?

Totally agree. I loathe the sags, hate them with every fibre of my body, but ive gained a lot of respect for him for not jumping ship, Leeds are a very large club.

1 minute ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Seems your right Tomarse. Just had a look a sagchat and indeed nearly every thread starts having a dig at us. That **** from Henbury still hasn't given up on his imaginary friend.

" No doubt what so ever i will be blamed for spreading lies about our law abiding 6 fingered friends, because i got previous....

BTW our new supporter from the dark side enjoyed the game yesterday and is looking forward to the new season "

What a ******* melon.

He's sticking to it then? What a grade A King Canute

Edited by ZiderEyed

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wouldn't, so I guess we can both be happy with what we've got. 

I hated d.c. for a while,but when you look at what he's spent and how he plays to his players strengths if he was not with the gas I would be more than pleased to have him at the gate

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I hated d.c. for a while,but when you look at what he's spent and how he plays to his players strengths if he was not with the gas I would be more than pleased to have him at the gate

Let's see how he gets on without Matty Taylor's goals. They've scraped their way back to mid table in league one, with 2 last second promotions from non league & basement. Both needed outstanding contributions from their £300k man..! 

If they makevthe play offs this season then I'll give him credit for that. Up until now he's done nothing more than expected, imo. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

We're obsessed with laughing and taking the piss out of them. There obsessed because they are so so bitter . And jealous 

9 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What? the same bitter Liverpool fans who have never won a premiership title??????

I think you missed the point Esmond. 

There are a huge number of Rovers fans who are bitter about our reds and they wear blue.

It is a similar story on Merseyside!

5 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

There are a huge number of Rovers fans who are bitter about our reds and they wear blue.

Except liverpool and everton both have a fantastic history of winning league titles,fa cups and european competition but city and rovers have never in all there history won anything of note.

Both clubs fans live off of minor achievements and happy memories of various  minor league promotions and players we loved etc.

The brutal truth is both clubs have mostly been utter rubbish.

city had a good period 1905-10 and a cup final  1909 and a 5 year spell in the top division in the 70"s  and thats it

Rovers came 5th in what is now the championship in the 50"s and a hard working team that briefly held its own in the championship under gerry francis in 1991

So from a neutrals point of view its a crap club v a crappier club

Perhaps that explains the massive thread?  the only measure of city success is that they are historically the crap club not the crappier club.?

Luckily our new owner is going to change that in the near future.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Not many reds on Merseyside!  Oslo and Asia, maybe.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluebutterfly said:

Except liverpool and everton both have a fantastic history of winning league titles,fa cups and european competition but city and rovers have never in all there history won anything of note.

Both clubs fans live off of minor achievements and happy memories of various  minor league promotions and players we loved etc.

city had a good period 1905-10 and a cup final  1909 and a 5 year spell in the top division in the 70"s  and thats it

Rovers came 5th in what is now the championship in the 50"s and a hard working team that briefly held its own in the championship under gerry francis in 1991

Perhaps that explains the massive thread?  the only measure of city success is that they are historically the crap club not the crappier club.?

I think the issue mate, is that your club does seem to face some "misfortunes" of quite gargantuan proportions on a regular basis. This is a place where we collect in laughing at that. Regardless of how crap we are, theres a lot of fuel for this thread, like it or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Only if he can find someone else to pay for it... Must be the skintest billionaire ever known to man...

Now all I hear off my devoted gas mate is "thats's how everyone does business now". It went from 2 years ago "he will plough millions into the squad, and as we get out of non league the FFP rules don't apply so watch the spending boom". That has now turned into "no point in spending money on the squad at the moment". If he doesn't find backing for a new stadium Mr Wally will be long gone imo.

Your owner is going to change it?

when, he's been there for two years now the only thing you have to show for it is some sprinklers undisclosed contracts (that worked with Taylor didn't it) some sprinklers a clean carpet and a fence you haven't paid for

news flash ******** your owner has no money

your ground isn't happening 

your aren't catching us anytime soon

the gap may be small in league places but in infrastructure you might as well be Oldham to our man united,

you need to spend the best part of 200 million just to get where we are now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:at least you got a sense of humour .

as you've listed our clubs underachievements above, can you explain why . 

We see us for what we are , one of the smallest clubs in the championship but our history shows it's just about where we've averaged in our history. 

Whereas you lot think you're a massive club with a amazing fan base and serious delusions of grandeur. Most of your fan base think you should be in the championship by right but have not actually been in the second tier for a quarter of a century , yep 25 years , but according to you lot you're massive :blink:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason for this thread, summed up in one sentence. Not sure they'll ever learn :doh:

It all depends on your perspective, if you are relating "in the near future", to the beginning of time, then maybe in a few millennia they'll get their new stadium.  If you take it as the next year or two, then it does appear to be drug fuelled thinking.....

14 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason for this thread, summed up in one sentence. Not sure they'll ever learn :doh:

Couldn't agree more...and in some respects i don't want them to learn....delusion, madness, call it what you will - they just don't get it, at all. It's almost too much to witness, sometimes i almost feel sorr......no, no i don't. The clueless tools!!

As you were, @bluebutterfly.....

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:at least you got a sense of humour .

as you've listed our clubs underachievements above, can you explain why . 

We see us for what we are , one of the smallest clubs in the championship but our history shows it's just about where we've averaged in our history. 

Whereas you lot think you're a massive club with a amazing fan base and serious delusions of grandeur. Most of your fan base think you should be in the championship by right but have not actually been in the second tier for a quarter of a century , yep 25 years , but according to you lot you're massive :blink:

Its amazing how tiny clubs like barnsley,brentford,bristol city and burton somehow survive in the championship,it must be amazing having your "big day out" at reading every season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Championships, European Cups or whatever, I would not swap our history for Liverpool's. You know why.