IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

No! This can't happen!

As things are they have no chance of a new stadium and no money to spend on players. 

We don't want some new upstart coming innand actually doing something..! 

Not another hero to march down Gloucester Road on their shoulders?

Has daddy taken Wally's pocket money away?

It's worth reminding people that this is a rumour from Facebook and/or Twitter.

I wouldn't get too excited.

Edit: Although, I've just looked on Gaschat and seen one of them describe the UWE Stadium as a 'soulless, plastic out of town bowl' :clap:

It'll be worth reminding them of that when it inevitably gets the go ahead sometime this month. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

On 8/1/2017 at 12:25, Bar BS3 said:

Never a truer word was spoken! 

There is literally nothing that I'd want of theirs or want us to replicate. 

They on the other hand would LOVE our league position, an owner like ours, a stadium like ours, crowds like ours, players like ours, training facilities like ours, Accadamy catagory that we've got,  a pitch like ours..... even our sprinklers are actually proven to be "Championship ready!" 

Always in our shadow! 

Mind The Gap! 

I'm not so sure.

Imagine. Just imagine for a few seconds, a blue 'portaloo' Santa's Grotto in the main car park at Ashton Gate; decked out in blue and white scarves and the infamous pirate badge.

Imagine the fans' reaction when they arrive for a home game and reflect on what is going on the other side of the river.  

• Like 1

so over on sagchat, someone asks where gasincider is, he'll clear this up.

Gasincider has posted:

I've known Chris Brown for the best part of 50 years, and he is not into bullsh*t. He has stated what was told to him and sadly it matches what I have heard over the last week or so.

For some time now, Hani has had the contract to complete on the stadium, and I'm talking weeks. For whatever reason, he has just not signed it.

:dunno::thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

I think that KITR may have alluded to the supposed cash issues in the past?

Only in regard to the mystery of why the Jordanians can't afford the few million quid and bridge (loan) money to make UWE happen. Seeing as though they founded an investment bank you'd have thought it'd have been easy enough.

Don't know anything about creditors not being paid though.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 16:04, miagsygas said:

You're ahead of us on most things I'd agree, but I'd take our gaffer over yours every single day.

You mean the one who values a player at £10M using gaslogic but meanwhile in the real world it's more like £300k.

Yeah top manager that.

Keep taking the tablets son.

• Haha 1

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 64 posts

Post by lickyrambert on 9 minutes ago

If someone promised you that you would wake up one day with a bigger nob you'd probably wake up each day to have a look and see if your nob was any bigger than before. Then after a while of waking up with the same old deformed minuscule excuse of a nob you were born with you'd start to get used to the idea that it probably isn't going to get sorted out after all. You wouldn't cut your nob off and it wouldn't stop you using it just because it's not bigger than it is, even if it does look like Frankenstein monster (if Frankenstein's monster was made entirely of dead nobs). It will still be good to give city a good nobbing and it will probably be more of a laugh actually as they have spent masses of money on nob enhancements and nob signings and there we will be nobbing away and belly laughing about how the tables have turned. After all the biggest nob of them all is the one that owns that club. Word to the wise - look after your nob.

errrm, I'm not sure lickyrambert knows what's going on, but made I laugh!

Edited by Cider_boy
to remove that stupid pirate picture
  • Like 2