IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

city had a good period 1905-10 and a cup final  1909 and a 5 year spell in the top division in the 70"s  and thats it

23 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

Is it because new clubs like yourself and mk dons can build a bright future as you have no history?

Now, which is it you half wit?

#gashlogic

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, bluebutterfly said:

I was just trying to be nice before and not mention the "you know what"  

I really don't care about the gash holding onto 1982 as a means of trying to make themselves feel better. I don't know any City fan who does. Keep it going, all it does it mark your lot out as a bunch of no-marks, which is a given anyway. The world has moved on. Unfortunately rovers fans are stuck somewhere back in history with seemingly no hope of ever moving forward. Much like your club, I'd suggest.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

Its amazing how tiny clubs like barnsley,brentford,bristol city and burton somehow survive in the championship,it must be amazing having your "big day out" at reading every season.

To be fair we're used to bigger grounds as we haven't spent most of the last 20 years bumming around the foot of the league (and non league) like Rovers.

Speaking of 'big days out', do you think your fans will actually make some noise the next time you get the chance to visit Ashton Gate? 

57 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

Is it because new clubs like yourself and mk dons can build a bright future as you have no history?

Over a century of continuous league football for City....you couldn't even manage that the first time around. Only 98 more seasons before the Gas finally reach that landmark.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Speaking of 'big days out', do you think your fans will actually make some noise the next time you get the chance to visit Ashton Gate? 

They made plenty of noise at times on their last visit here. 

Can't you remember their songs about their new ground and how they'd have it before ours..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

No, it's because I wouldn't want Heysel on my conscience.

City have won more since 1982 than the 14ers have in their entire history. 

Effectively relegated the scum in 93 and 01 and it's 6,127 days since they were last above us in the league.

2 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

You know what...Are you serious ?    you only moved to Bristol in 1996 and only been playing league football for two years...In 1982 we nearly went bust and changed ownership bit like Wally buying out Hicks because if they did not sale you would of been history now and don't get me started on the disgusting way you behaved in 1982 trying to steal Ashton gate after refusing to ground share....your mob disgust me

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

We're obsessed with laughing and taking the piss out of them. There obsessed because they are so so bitter . And jealous 

They say precisely that regarding us-quoting this 441 page dustbin thread-maybe we are too 'liberal in the access we hand to Mia,Butterfly,the cloak and dagger of 'Henbury Gas et al,Bert Tann(Malaysian branch).

If Gas chat were to hand us such Libertine I'm sure interest/dimension generated could provide a version,livening the gloom....still,I don't want to get too Darwinian-you casnt rush these things..........

5 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Not entirely certain what your intention was when you started posting on here, if it was to engage in some reasoned debate, constructive points of views even opposing points of view to stimulate and promote conversation of a slightly higher level than slagchat or whatever it's called, then you have failed spectacularly....just like the club you follow.

#howlongaleagueclub?

13 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Not entirely certain what your intention was when you started posting on here, if it was to engage in some reasoned debate, constructive points of views even opposing points of view to stimulate and promote conversation of a slightly higher level than slagchat or whatever it's called, then you have failed spectacularly....just like the club you follow.

#howlongaleagueclub?

He's held with suspicion and regarded with contempt amongst his own on Asschat.  A bit like Henbury Gas, his own lot would rather be rid of him I think.

He then comes on here but not with any shred of decency like the other resident sags, more like a squirming worm.  

So it's difficult to know his motives entirely but he's obviously one of life's eternal unfortunates.  

Probably a squat, bald, middle aged virgin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

He's held with suspicion and regarded with contempt amongst his own on Asschat.  A bit like Henbury Gas, his own lot would rather be rid of him I think.

He then comes on here but not with any shred of decency like the other resident sags, more like a squirming worm.  

So it's difficult to know his motives entirely but he's obviously one of life's eternal unfortunates.  

Probably a squat, bald, middle aged virgin.

Ha ha . Should of read your post. Well put 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Its amazing how tiny clubs like barnsley,brentford,bristol city and burton somehow survive in the championship,it must be amazing having your "big day out" at reading every season.

Now the real @bluebutterfly is showing its wings. Bitterness coming out in abundance :rofl2br:, you just walk straight into it don't you.  Reading nice and close but let's try league games I've been away like Aston Villa , Leeds , Newcastle , wolves , Fulham , forest , Birmingham etc etc and too think it's been regular  trips over the last ten years, apart from our blip. 

We don't see these as big games now they're regular opponents . Enjoy your trip to fleetwood won't you :rofl2br:

5 hours ago, Malbec said:

I really don't care about the gash holding onto 1982 as a means of trying to make themselves feel better. I don't know any City fan who does. Keep it going, all it does it mark your lot out as a bunch of no-marks, which is a given anyway. The world has moved on. Unfortunately rovers fans are stuck somewhere back in history with seemingly no hope of ever moving forward. Much like your club, I'd suggest.

when ever they bring 1982 up, i just remind them that we've won more since 82 then they have in the entire lifespan

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Now the real @bluebutterfly is showing its wings. Bitterness coming out in abundance :rofl2br:, you just walk straight into it don't you.  Reading nice and close but let's try league games I've been away like Aston Villa , Leeds , Newcastle , wolves , Fulham , forest , Birmingham etc etc and too think it's been regular  trips over the last ten years, apart from our blip. 

We don't see these as big games now they're regular opponents . Enjoy your trip to fleetwood won't you :rofl2br:

I was trying to work out what their big day out will be, do they even have one? Fancy criticising us for achieving a standard of away trip they can only dream of.

It's a bit like a 4 Yorkshire men sketch "Reading? You are lucky, we go to Gillingham on wet Tuesday night in January"

9 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Except liverpool and everton both have a fantastic history of winning league titles,fa cups and european competition but city and rovers have never in all there history won anything of note.

Both clubs fans live off of minor achievements and happy memories of various  minor league promotions and players we loved etc.

The brutal truth is both clubs have mostly been utter rubbish.

city had a good period 1905-10 and a cup final  1909 and a 5 year spell in the top division in the 70"s  and thats it

Rovers came 5th in what is now the championship in the 50"s and a hard working team that briefly held its own in the championship under gerry francis in 1991

So from a neutrals point of view its a crap club v a crappier club

Perhaps that explains the massive thread?  the only measure of city success is that they are historically the crap club not the crappier club.?

Luckily our new owner is going to change that in the near future.

I would not describe you as crap. Just a tomorrow club. Tomorrow we will do this, tomorrow we will do that. Tomorrow we will have our Stadium, tomorrow we will sign someone of note.  You even state above, that your owner will change things in the 'near future' ie tomorrow. Problem is tomorrow never comes and you sad w*nkers swallow it season up on season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The arrogance of this post is unbelievable. So disrespectful to championship teams. I'm not even including us . Just how big do you think rovers are . Most deluded fan base in football. Thought you come on here for a debate . But no . If u can't debate properly. I suggest u **** off . Back to the rock u crawled from 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was trying to work out what their big day out will be, do they even have one? Fancy criticising us for achieving a standard of away trip they can only dream of.

It's a bit like a 4 Yorkshire men sketch "Reading? You are lucky, we go to Gillingham on wet Tuesday night in January"

They were non league. A couple of seasons ago . Non league. There attitude is unbelievable 

• Like 1

If the clubs you list are "tiny"; then the club you 15ers follow is "miniscule"

Still 2 years as a league club is a start, I suppose.

1982 and Dean Windass, oh and sometimes 2nd May. The Sags only comebacks in their tank and none of those stand up anymore.

1982.......2014, Colin Daniel, Rovers RELEGATED to NON LEAGUE. 35 years in the football league versus just 2...2!!!! 1982 is like water off a ducks back. Most of the Sags who spout about 1982 weren't even born because it was so far back. We even CELEBRATE 1982, we have Section 82, we honour the Ashton Gate 8 of 1982....When will you deluded Sags realise that 1982 has zero effect on the entire Bristol City fan base you absolute bunch of pikey tools?

Dean Windass - So City missed out on Premiership football - I seem to recall at the time all Sags almost being physically sick at the prospect that a team only formed in 1982 might actually reach the promised land. Every City fan knew how fortune had helped us to even get in that position in the first place. We won an awful lot of games in added time by throwing caution to the wind and piling players forward. It was hardly talking about the playoffs for an entire season whilst your team slid towards total oblivion was it? I think Colin Daniel trumps Dean Windass by an absolute country mile!!!!!

2nd May - You celebrate this day, yet in 2001 your nemesis Wycombe Wanderers sent you to the basement for the first time in your history. The 3rd of May is even more hilarious. Where is your comeback on that one?

#Nocomebacksleftintheirlockerhencethereasontocontunuethisthreaduntiltheyfindone

When will the Sags realise that the Al-Qadi family bought a football club haemorrhaging money purely to offset their taxes?

They have hardly been breaking the bank with their spending have they?

I did warn my Sag friends who immediately started with the 6th richest club in England bollocks and throwing Wally on their shoulders celebrating down Gloucester Road to wait for the cheque book to come out before hailing the messiah?

But as usual the Sags prematurely ejaculated as they do with everything.

Tick rock....No ground....No big spending.....No future.....Tinpot club.

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ewood Park maybe?  A ground we've been to four times in four years, and one of our least appealing fixtures in that time, will undoubtably cause frenzied excitement for the club looking down their noses at Barnsley!

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just had a look on asschat about this blue bellend . He started a thread on there about them struggling. I looked at the last page . Checkout some of the replies. What a strange forum 

"He" surely it's a She..? Surely no self respecting bloke would select their user name as Butterfly..?! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

1982 and Dean Windass, oh and sometimes 2nd May. The Sags only comebacks in their tank and none of those stand up anymore.

1982.......2014, Colin Daniel, Rovers RELEGATED to NON LEAGUE. 35 years in the football league versus just 2...2!!!! 1982 is like water off a ducks back. Most of the Sags who spout about 1982 weren't even born because it was so far back. We even CELEBRATE 1982, we have Section 82, we honour the Ashton Gate 8 of 1982....When will you deluded Sags realise that 1982 has zero effect on the entire Bristol City fan base you absolute bunch of pikey tools?

Dean Windass - So City missed out on Premiership football - I seem to recall at the time all Sags almost being physically sick at the prospect that a team only formed in 1982 might actually reach the promised land. Every City fan knew how fortune had helped us to even get in that position in the first place. We won an awful lot of games in added time by throwing caution to the wind and piling players forward. It was hardly talking about the playoffs for an entire season whilst your team slid towards total oblivion was it? I think Colin Daniel trumps Dean Windass by an absolute country mile!!!!!

2nd May - You celebrate this day, yet in 2001 your nemesis Wycombe Wanderers sent you to the basement for the first time in your history. The 3rd of May is even more hilarious. Where is your comeback on that one?

#Nocomebacksleftintheirlockerhencethereasontocontunuethisthreaduntiltheyfindone

Im not trying to get into a pissing match like the other rovers fan in here but I will say this.

As painful as getting relegated was and how it should be seen as an embarrassment to have been in the conference, albeit for one season, I personally am glad it happened. I am under no illusion to the fact that had we stayed up by the smallest of margins we would have had another terrible league 2 campaign with overpaid, underworking journeymen. That was a cycle that showed no signs of breaking, even before that season joined the club.

Dont get me wrong, I'd likely take the piss out of it if it were you guys, but (and I'll say this quite quietly) I actually kind of enjoyed that season in the conference and it was something the club needed (and deserved.) That being said, one season was enough.

As for Wael, personally I never really bought into the billionaire tagline, does he have enough money for a stadium? I have my doubts. Did I think the stadium was ever going to happen under Higgs? Not a chance, particularly towards the end. I do believe behind the scenes Wael has shown better foresight in running the club, however, although the real test will be eventually when DC leaves of course.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Luckily our new owner is going to change that in the near future.

Look sunshine,  if Mr Wael had to change his pants it would take a long long time, first go ask his family if he could have his pocket money, then he'd have to go cap in hand to all of Londons' business elite only to be told no one is interested in "rag bag rovers", finally it would be off to the council with a begging bowl whilst claiming how they have never helped poor old rovers, as all rovers' fans know that they have had hundreds of planning decisions go against anything Bristol Rovers FC  just to appease them shitheads.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

You're still rag ass rovers, always wanting it on the cheap, or wanting someone else to pick up the tab.

• Like 3