IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I say fair play to them. Disgrace of a competition and if not stopped, could well lead to a way in to the football league for premier league B teams.

Broadly agree. I can still see why some City fans will put the boot in considering their fixation on away attendances.

Far more embarrassing for them than deliberately snubbing this travesty of a competition is the meagre 8,000 they pulled in for their league bread and butter against Fleetwood last weekend.

23 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Broadly agree. I can still see why some City fans will put the boot in considering their fixation on away attendances.

Far more embarrassing for them than deliberately snubbing this travesty of a competition is the meagre 8,000 they pulled in for their league bread and butter against Fleetwood last weekend.

A mid table league one PNE, Brentford, Burton and Barnsley would struggle to match the rovers attendance.

Before the stadium redeveopment we used to get what between 9.5k - 11k when we were a mid table league one side. The only reason we are getting what we are now is because of the redevelopment.

If rovers had a similar redevelopment and investment you know the gap would be much closer. The fact is they don't and even my gas mates admit the best they can hope for is to maybe finish above us for a couple of seasons.

I don't like them and they are a deluded bunch but they aren't as tinpot as some of us make out (including me).

11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

A mid table league one PNE, Brentford, Burton and Barnsley would struggle to match the rovers attendance.

Before the stadium redeveopment we used to get what between 9.5k - 11k when we were a mid table league one side. The only reason we are getting what we are now is because of the redevelopment.

If rovers had a similar redevelopment and investment you know the gap would be much closer. The fact is they don't and even my gas mates admit the best they can hope for is to maybe finish above us for a couple of seasons.

I don't like them and they are a deluded bunch but they aren't as tinpot as some of us make out (including me).

We haven't averaged below 10k in this millennium, they haven't averaged above 10k since 1976.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

We haven't averaged below 10k in this millennium, they haven't averaged above 10k since 1976.

Their grounds capacity was 11,500 and when they were under holloway they were selling out pretty much every home game.

When our capacity was reduced recently in league one we were getting 11.5k.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Their grounds capacity was 11,500 and when they were under holloway they were selling out pretty much every home game.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm

Edited by Tammys Scan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hmm not as good as i thought but still better than many teams. I do question how accurate that site is though.

Rovers averaged 6,500 at home during Holloway's tenure, one of the high points in their 'recent' history. 

The **** are you talking about? See how the propaganda and disinformation seeps into the consciousness even of the opposition? 

Edited by City Rocker
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You are wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Rovers averaged 6,500 at home during Holloway's tenure, one of the high points in their 'recent' history. 

The **** are you talking about? See how the propaganda and disinformation seeps into the consciousness even of the opposition? 

Yeah as i already said I didn't realise how low their attendances were. Im normally quite accurate on attendances so quite surprised to see it.

48 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Your account been hacked by Henbury Gas by any chance?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah as i already said I didn't realise how low their attendances were. Im normally quite accurate on attendances so quite surprised to see it.

No drama mate, they keep banging on about how massive their crowds are and after a while the world starts to believe it. Well, those who can't be arsed to check anyway ;)

44 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sorry, most of this is garbage. PNE and Barnsley would never struggle to match Rovers attendances in L1. You could also argue that PNE and Barnsley would have much higher attendances if their catchment area was the size of North and East Bristol with only one local club providing competition for support.

Same for Brentford.

How many more supporters would the Gas have if they had the same finances and stadium as us? Who knows?

All I do know is that in the last 50 odd years they've only had a higher average attendance than us for one season. One season.

As for being tinpot....there's clearly nothing tinpot about the Gas!!

IMG_3671.JPG

41 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Are you sniffing glue tonight?

They weren't selling out "pretty much every home game" under Holloway and we were getting 11.5k because that was the number of seats available for City supporters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry, most of this is garbage. PNE and Barnsley would never struggle to match Rovers attendances in L1. You could also argue that PNE and Barnsley would have much higher attendances if their catchment area was the size of North and East Bristol with only one local club providing competition for support.

Same for Brentford.

How many more supporters would the Gas have if they had the same finances and stadium as us? Who knows?

All I do know is that in the last 50 odd years they've only had a higher average attendance than us for one season. One season.

As for being tinpot....there's clearly nothing tinpot about the Gas!!

IMG_3671.JPG

Yes completely agree mate now i realise the facts but its not gonna stop people correcting me or taking the piss. I reckon another four responses.;)

• Haha 2