IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry, most of this is garbage. PNE and Barnsley would never struggle to match Rovers attendances in L1. You could also argue that PNE and Barnsley would have much higher attendances if their catchment area was the size of North and East Bristol with only one local club providing competition for support.

Same for Brentford.

How many more supporters would the Gas have if they had the same finances and stadium as us? Who knows?

All I do know is that in the last 50 odd years they've only had a higher average attendance than us for one season. One season.

As for being tinpot....there's clearly nothing tinpot about the Gas!!

IMG_3671.JPG

I  do worry about the effect that windy conditions could have on their ground. Well, when I say "worry" :rofl2br:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah as i already said I didn't realise how low their attendances were. Im normally quite accurate on attendances so quite surprised to see it.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that they've only filled their 11.5k capacity swamp on a handful of occasions since moving there. 

16 minutes ago, grubby said:

Ready for this beauty, apparently the players had to make their own way to wycombe (from good friend connected with club) because the club hasn't paid their bus bill. Not tinpot, ******* skint tinpot

Hope they each bought the driver of the car share a pint when they got back.  Only fair and proper.

19 minutes ago, grubby said:

Ready for this beauty, apparently the players had to make their own way to wycombe (from good friend connected with club) because the club hasn't paid their bus bill. Not tinpot, ******* skint tinpot

the club have no money and the pot is empty,

If this is true about the bus then expect them to be heading towards administration very quickly

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd wager that is absolute nonsense.

Where did you hear it?

Does seem a little unlikely, but I would see it as possible that the gas have a long term contract, it's not unusual for companies to run up large  amounts on that sort of contract, but maybe the bus company have got jittery about the rumours around their cashflow.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Does seem a little unlikely, but I would see it as possible that the gas have a long term contract, it's not unusual for companies to run up large  amounts on that sort of contract, but maybe the bus company have got jittery about the rumours around their cashflow.

After they'd dropped them off?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

it does seem fiction but with them failing to send in their confirmation statement to companies house, the ground going tits up, the leaper colony going nowhere fast,

No proof of funds for UWE which is all they asked for, signing none league players on freeibes offering undisclosed contracts with tiny release clauses in,

The only thing keeping that club together is the dog fiddler and as much as I hate to say it, he's being to loyal and deserves and should be doing better then them 

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it does seem fiction but with them failing to send in their confirmation statement to companies house, the ground going tits up, the leaper colony going nowhere fast,

No proof of funds for UWE which is all they asked for, signing none league players on freeibes offering undisclosed contracts with tiny release clauses in,

The only thing keeping that club together is the dog fiddler and as much as I hate to say it, he's being to loyal and deserves and should be doing better then them 

According to my wife (she's a Company Secretary) this isn't too big a deal, Companies House rarely chase it and fines are minimal. It's more of a problem in her field where she has to prove who actually has controlling interest in a Company, which is what this statement is supposed to show.  It appears they are not keen on divulging that for some reason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

According to my wife (she's a Company Secretary) this isn't too big a deal, Companies House rarely chase it and fines are minimal. It's more of a problem in her field where she has to prove who actually has controlling interest in a Company, which is what this statement is supposed to show.  It appears they are not keen on divulging that for some reason. 

indeed, they are hiding something, I think the next set of accounts is going to be a very interesting read

1 hour ago, grubby said:

I don't believe this is true.

However, I did hear that the players are now taking it in turns to take all the kit home after games for their mum's to wash because the official BRFC washing machine is ****** and Currys won't give them a new one on finance because their credit rating is shit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grubby said:

As one door closes, another one opens...........Robbored.....fire up the minbus!

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

14 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah as i already said I didn't realise how low their attendances were. Im normally quite accurate on attendances so quite surprised to see it.

You've been listening to your gas mates too much and starting to believe their lies and exaggerations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

They are on the up and up clearly, last seasons massive crowds the best in 40 years......

They are coming for us, just very, very, very slowly! 

They'll be gutted when they realise our crowds have doubled over the last 30 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't believe this is true.

However, I did hear that the players are now taking it in turns to take all the kit home after games for their mum's to wash because the official BRFC washing machine is ****** and Currys won't give them a new one on finance because their credit rating is shit.

Well there's that and there's that Darrell hasn't got round to collecting all the subs in yet for the new season. 

It'll get to the point whereby he'll have to enforce a no subs/no game time policy.  He doesn't want to do it but he's already sent letters home to parents.  He doesn't know what else he can do.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd wager that is absolute nonsense.

Where did you hear it?

A friend is connected to Rovers, he put it on twitter , I asked him privately if it was true and he confirmed it, said that even those on the inner circle are starting to have SERIOUS doubts about Wally.

30 minutes ago, grubby said:

A friend is connected to Rovers, he put it on twitter , I asked him privately if it was true and he confirmed it, said that even those on the inner circle are starting to have SERIOUS doubts about Wally.

Turns out the sag was taking the pi55 a bit BUT he did just stress how skint they really are and not that far going into administration when their credit line has topped out.

Straight out of the horses mouth please excuse the pun. DC said in an interview We have had disappointing news about the stadium and the new training ground will need a hell of a lot of developing. 

Dont look to good bills not paid.

They  can't afford to pay for fences 

No money for players 

cant even replace the run down shed they use as a catering unit 

19 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Straight out of the horses mouth please excuse the pun. DC said in an interview We have had disappointing news about the stadium and the new training ground will need a hell of a lot of developing. 

No money for players 

But apart from that everything's ok eh...?

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

No money for players 

It's all just say so but I read the fence one was in dispute for some reason rather than being an inability to pay.

My back of a fag packet calculations suggests they still have £1.3m left to draw on the RCF so they won't be running out of cash now but without some player sales they will be by the end of the season.

32 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

No money for players 

If it's straight from the horses mouth, should I take it with a 'punch' of salt?

1 hour ago, grubby said:

With friends like that.............