IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

3 hours ago, East Londoner said:

The ironic thing is he seems to be a decent manager, he had Lincoln challenging last season before losing the play off final and has had health issues this season 

So all this he’s Ashton's mate stuff that comes up every time there’s a vacancy does him a disservice and so maybe he’s happy to distance himself so people can see he’s actually capable of doing the job rather than who he used to work with 

That’s my thinking too

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Nope, but it’s a complete unknown that Ashton can manipulate & foist his transfers on.

Where on earth has that happened before? 

Don’t worry Graham….the news is that McKenna will bring Martyn Pert with him.  Who?  The same Martyn Pert that initially worked for Dan Ashworth’s brother, and Ashworth mentored Ashton and Ashton has modelled his CEO role on Ashworth’s “I’m at the centre of everything” model.  Ok, a bit tenuous, admittedly.

Ok, moving on, was at West Brom during Ashton’s time, under Aidy Boothroyd (cough, spit), who Ashton took to Watford with him.  Pert arrived at Watford too.

So another vastly extensive search, ends up with someone Ashton already knows.  What are the chances?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 4

9 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

ITFC on the verge of appointing Kieron McKenna.

Mark Ashton masterminding the appointment of a well-meaning unproven coach, that will basically act as his Number 2, is unlikely to question him, and can take the flak for his trail of carnage.

Hmmmm remind me why this is familiar…….

And maybe the Pert link too has parallels with taking Simpson and Downing off of England, paying compo, when they were trying to get rid of them too.  All speculative from me, but you can’t help but think it can you?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Mark Ashton masterminding the appointment of a well-meaning unproven coach, that will basically act as his Number 2, is unlikely to question him, and can take the flak for his trail of carnage.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

They're only 4 signings away from 23 new players or to put it another way, at the end of January they could have an entirely new first team squad in 7 months. 

Ashton won't be able to help himself in the transfer market leaving most of the current squad no idea if they're coming or going.

Imagine some signed in the summer (perm and loan) might move on. Ashton won’t be happy unless he’s signing players though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

Mark Ashton masterminding the appointment of a well-meaning unproven coach, that will basically act as his Number 2, is unlikely to question him, and can take the flak for his trail of carnage.

"Assistant First Team Coach or Assistant to the First Team Coach?"

Credit Ricky Gervaise/David Brent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

They're only 4 signings away from 23 new players or to put it another way, at the end of January they could have an entirely new first team squad in 7 months. 

Ashton won't be able to help himself in the transfer market leaving most of the current squad no idea if they're coming or going.

Looking on Transfermarkt, the summer turn over of players was about 43.  They list 21 incoming in the summer, madness to think they would gel that quickly. New manager, few more ego signings just to add to the chaos.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine some signed in the summer (perm and loan) might move on. Ashton won’t be happy unless he’s signing players though.

I wonder if they might struggle to offload. I imagine they are one of the higher payers in that League, we know to our cost how that goes. 

Their squad is around 30 players, there is no way they go through this window without signing more . Wonder how Ashton sells it to the new owners, just a bit of quality to complete the squad. We might just be able to offload some after all ?

It does all seem vaguely familiar .

• Like 1

McKenna appointed, Pert as Assistant.

I don’t care about the timing, I always find it bonkers that the new manager lets the caretaker handle this game.  A cynical person might suggest Sunderland is a tough game and they don’t want to start with a L.  If it were me I’d want to have some control over the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking on Transfermarkt, the summer turn over of players was about 43.  They list 21 incoming in the summer, madness to think they would gel that quickly. New manager, few more ego signings just to add to the chaos.

I wonder if they might struggle to offload. I imagine they are one of the higher payers in that League, we know to our cost how that goes. 

Their squad is around 30 players, there is no way they go through this window without signing more . Wonder how Ashton sells it to the new owners, just a bit of quality to complete the squad. We might just be able to offload some after all ?

It does all seem vaguely familiar .

Oh, absolutely will be tough to move on.  Imagine trying to get someone to pick up Morsy’s £12k p.w.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mckenna confirmed?

Il just leave this here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Garner

Similarities?

Similarities?! McKenna left his job as a first team coach at Man Utd to join Ipswich - Ben Garner left his job as assistant coach at ATK in India to join Roverzzzz - can you give more on the ‘similarities’ in this one? Cheers ...

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unnervingly, he looks eerily like Gavin Williamson.

I hope, for his sake, the similarity ends there.

Phil, you reside in La France, a country that never misses an opportunity to lambast or inhibit UK citizens - eg, everything right now! Therefore, how can you join in with them by ridiculing our politicians at the moment without any remorse?! Shame on you Phillip! ????