IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ipswich so passive.  Burgess (a player we were interested in a few years back) looks really worried by the blindside runs.

I saw your post on the Ipswich forum months ago about the amount of players signed by Ashton, using his preferred agencies at Ipswich. Can you enlighten me as to how many of them are Ashton signings, or direct me to that post?

56 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Being completely outplayed 

Barrow's 2nd goal; Town had a defender at near and far posts, but no one else near. That left a  Barrow player unmarked near the pen spot to hit that 2nd goal.

Surprised to see the barrow goalie and the ref wearing near identical coloured shirts. Thought there was a rule about distinctive kit?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I saw your post on the Ipswich forum months ago about the amount of players signed by Ashton, using his preferred agencies at Ipswich. Can you enlighten me as to how many of them are Ashton signings, or direct me to that post?

No idea how many are Ashton signings if any. But several linked to us in the past since Ashton was here, plus Wes Burns (he tried to get Morrell too):

Walton

Evans

Harper

Edwards

Burgess

Morsy

Edmundson

Suggesting he took the “database” and his West Brom links with him…and had an influence!!! ?

Some are linked to Cook too, so not disputing he might’ve wanted some too.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No idea how many are Ashton signings if any. But several linked to us in the past since Ashton was here, plus Wes Burns (he tried to get Morrell too):

Walton

Evans

Harper

Edwards

Burgess

Morsy

Edmundson

Suggesting he took the “database” and his West Brom links with him…and had an influence!!! ?

out of all that lot,id rather we looked at barrow no 10, fiesty chap werent he

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Walton

Evans

Harper

Edwards

Burgess

Morsy

Edmundson

I thought I saw a post saying x y z players came from x y agencies. Maybe I’m going mad.

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Looks like they are heading for a home sell-out against LJs Sunderland on Saturday…….pretty impressive but MA must be a tad nervous that if it goes wrong and they don’t win, what the reaction may be…

Two weeks into his rigorous process of replacing Cook - only a month to go ?‍♂️?

Sunderland seem to be starting one of LJ’s good streaks too……Swiss really needs Ipswich to grind out a result on Saturday otherwise the doubts will get louder. Shame.

• Like 2

I know it’s not fashionable to praise anything Ipswich on here at the moment - but from me, huge applause to the Ipswich fans who made a 640 mile round trip on a Wednesday night - there was over 200 of them there apparently, unbelievable support - to give it some context, if Bristol City fans had travelled to an away game at Queen of the South in Scotland tonight and back again - the Ipswich fans’ journey tonight was 26 miles further than that ... well done the Tractor Boys - I’ve always admired them for what they did for our club in 1982 and that Ipswich team in the late ‘70s was simply sublime - good on them ... 

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know it’s not fashionable to praise anything Ipswich on here at the moment - but from me, huge applause to the Ipswich fans who made a 640 mile round trip on a Wednesday night - there was over 200 of them there apparently, unbelievable support - to give it some context, if Bristol City fans had travelled to an away game at Queen of the South in Scotland tonight and back again - the Ipswich fans’ journey tonight was 26 miles further than that ... well done the Tractor Boys - I’ve always admired them for what they did for our club in 1982 and that Ipswich team in the late ‘70s was simply sublime - good on them ... 

i was thinking this earlier,,, thats a hell of a treck, i was up in the lakes this summer, barrow is a long way up!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I thought I saw a post saying x y z players came from x y agencies. Maybe I’m going mad.

Not from me.  Ashton did say in the summer (paraphrased) “we had to move quickly so I had to use MY network of agents”.  That to me is just stupidly shrinking the pond.  And between him and Cook, they’ve made a bit of a mess…and Cook has paid the price.  Ashton is getting a pretty easy ride on their forum, although a few are starting to question him.

Im persona non grata on there with a few of them, but they seem to think:

1. I blame Ashton for everything 
  2. we should be grateful for what he did here (our most successful period in tier 2 is all down to him)
  3. it’s all Cook’s fault.

Pretty good comments from that thread:

1. Incredible really given all the credit he had in the bank after doing so well in the summer.

2. Wasn't the main thing he did in the summer telling us how well he'd done in the summer? Or do you still think he deserves credit for all the hard work he put into bringing this shower into the club?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Very sad to see a club like Ipswich get in such a mess. I think most City fans have warm memories and only good things to say about the club. They have not yet understood Ashton, and you can tell them all you want, but they can do nothing about it, it is their owners that control that. But when you can see and know what is going on better than they do, and you can see the crash coming, it is hard to not want to say something. But they take it is as malice, it is far from it, it is out of respect . Now Cook has to take his role serious here, there is no club in the world that can sign 19 players ( I think I read ) and expect it to perform in just a few months. That Cook was part of that seems astonishing, someone of his experience would have known that. I have not read their forum, but I bet they are all saying "what a squad we have , how it should walk the division". Yep, that proverbial squad on paper again. I have no idea who they signed either, but I would bet there were a load of them we were loosely linked within in the past. He took his scouting notes with him. He is a wannabe manager and a con artist. So sad the tractor boys are going to have to live through hell before they realise the reality. Do they about his team selection meetings yet ? How is their vigorous new manager search going ? I bet a few top names got leaked out, to get fans excited and then they end up with Appleton (who is probably ok tbh)

Shame he did not go to Cardiff or Rovers as then it would he hilarious. 

Yes, I have no wish to see Ipswich Town hurt by MA, just that he gets his comeuppance. I really don’t think it’ll be long. 

• Like 2

Serious question re Appleton. I know there is a connection with MA from years ago, but would he really want to be associated with MA knowing his history? Appleton’s name is always brought up when there is talk of new managers, is he the sort of person MA would want (is he a yes man?) or has he more moral fibre…?

14 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, I have no wish to see Ipswich Town hurt by MA, just that he gets his comeuppance. I really don’t think it’ll be long. 

Pretty much my feelings too. Ipswich are just collateral damage, the house in which Ashton burns to death. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Very sad to see a club like Ipswich get in such a mess. I think most City fans have warm memories and only good things to say about the club. They have not yet understood Ashton, and you can tell them all you want, but they can do nothing about it, it is their owners that control that. But when you can see and know what is going on better than they do, and you can see the crash coming, it is hard to not want to say something. But they take it is as malice, it is far from it, it is out of respect . Now Cook has to take his role serious here, there is no club in the world that can sign 19 players ( I think I read ) and expect it to perform in just a few months. That Cook was part of that seems astonishing, someone of his experience would have known that. I have not read their forum, but I bet they are all saying "what a squad we have , how it should walk the division". Yep, that proverbial squad on paper again. I have no idea who they signed either, but I would bet there were a load of them we were loosely linked within in the past. He took his scouting notes with him. He is a wannabe manager and a con artist. So sad the tractor boys are going to have to live through hell before they realise the reality. Do they about his team selection meetings yet ? How is their vigorous new manager search going ? I bet a few top names got leaked out, to get fans excited and then they end up with Appleton (who is probably ok tbh)

Shame he did not go to Cardiff or Rovers as then it would he hilarious. 

See my post at the top of this page.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Serious question re Appleton. I know there is a connection with MA from years ago, but would he really want to be associated with MA knowing his history? Appleton’s name is always brought up when there is talk of new managers, is he the sort of person MA would want (is he a yes man?) or has he more moral fibre…?

The ironic thing is he seems to be a decent manager, he had Lincoln challenging last season before losing the play off final and has had health issues this season 

So all this he’s Ashton's mate stuff that comes up every time there’s a vacancy does him a disservice and so maybe he’s happy to distance himself so people can see he’s actually capable of doing the job rather than who he used to work with 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

The ironic thing is he seems to be a decent manager, he had Lincoln challenging last season before losing the play off final and has had health issues this season 

So all this he’s Ashton's mate stuff that comes up every time there’s a vacancy does him a disservice and so maybe he’s happy to distance himself so people can see he’s actually capable of doing the job rather than who he used to work with 

Agreed. If there was a real desire to work with Ashton again I think he'd have pitched up here after LJ went.

• Like 2