IGNORED

Anyone try the grub at the New Lawn tonight?

WessexPest

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sounds nice! Haven’t ever eaten kangaroo 

We went to a Wedding in St. Albans and there was a brilliant market. Came away with Ostrich, Kangaroo and a couple of others , seem to remember the kangaroo was very nice.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sounds nice! Haven’t ever eaten kangaroo 

I did see once in a supermarket called Waitrose when I was back in 2019. 

They also has a skippy mince with salad in the Quantas Club at Heathrow airport just prior to the Dream Liner direct flight from London to Perth

22 minutes ago, City oz said:

I did see once in a supermarket called Waitrose when I was back in 2019. 

They also has a skippy mince with salad in the Quantas Club at Heathrow airport just prior to the Dream Liner direct flight from London to Perth

Yes, I thought Waitrose sold it at some point. Not sure if they still do

24 minutes ago, City oz said:

I’ve been to WA twice and you’ll know that skippy meat is a dark colour with a very pungent taste and why Kanagroo’s are not farmed for their meat.

I tried kangaroo sausage once - it was disgusting!

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve been to WA twice and you’ll know that skippy meat is a dark colour with a very pungent taste and why Kanagroo’s are not farmed for their meat.

I tried kangaroo sausage once - it was disgusting!

Probably not very pleasant for the kangaroo either 

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ve always wondered that. Would cows be allowed to roam freely in the wild? Not just in the short term but in the long term. Where would they go?

Imagine this would totally confuse Extinction Rebellion, and their like, don’t eat meat, but save the animals from extinction………

Interesting one for the great unwashed to answer! ?

53 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Food is food, right

If it tastes nice and has meat or no meat in it then so be it. 

There's loads of environmental concerns and that's totally correct to take that into account too. 

If people want to eat meat, dont want to eat meat, then it's down to personal preference, what I dont get is why so many people get up in arms about it. 

For the record have done a vegan Xmas, it was great and have eaten plenty of exotic meats, inc, Camel, Zebra, Roo, and a million and one others. 

Spot on.

My Mrs had Gallbladder problems and was quite ill for a while. For some time after she struggled eating meat , still seems to have a problem with chicken. For that reason we started eating veggie a lot more. Started simple curry and pasta Source means you don't know what's in it anyway. But moving on we've eaten loads of vegetarian food and gone to some nice restaurants the food can be fantastic. We still have meat occasionally, just a lot less than we used to, makes you think more about what you eat as well. Still love a nice steak all the same.

5 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Food is food, right

There's loads of environmental concerns and that's totally correct to take that into account too. 

If people want to eat meat, dont want to eat meat, then it's down to personal preference, what I dont get is why so many people get up in arms about it. 

For the record have done a vegan Xmas, it was great and have eaten plenty of exotic meats, inc, Camel, Zebra, Roo, and a million and one others. 

maybe I’ve missed something but who has ‘got up in arms’ about anything on this thread? People can eat what they want, obviously. 

Has anyone actually said anything to the contrary ?

I see Gregor now has the story up on the “crowd control” of last night:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/forest-green-bristol-city-fans-5773946

Dale Vince is claiming there was no overcrowding and that we hadn’t sold out our ticket allocation. The second part of that is undoubtedly bullshit even if you think that the first part may be justified (on the basis of the end fitting 1200 safely, just not being able to see the pitch). So either Dales saying City lied or he’s lying. Think I know where my money is.

For someone who’s modus operandi should be based on bringing people with him to embrace things like the vegan lifestyle, should you read Dales Twitter when asked about last nights crowds he comes across as a bit of an arrogant man at best and a raging tosser at worst. 

4 hours ago, Red DNA said:

I’d like to know what the vegans intend to do about the hordes of red King Crabs that are munching their way across the North Sea destroying and eating everything in their way - will they tickle them to death or just try to shoo them away?

About as much as meat eaters (of which I'm one) are doing about the current climate catastrophe then ;)

I know what I'm more concerned about!

It's sad how we've become so conditioned to the way we live in this country and others.

Born, education, work, marriage, kids, 25 year mortgage, living in a box, retire, illness, die. Buy everything in Supermarkets, suppliers, shops, always reliant on others for needs.

Or variants there of...

Oh for a plot of land, a small holding, livestock, fruit and veg. Boat, fishing, log cabin, water, solar power, generator and a vehicle. Some more sunshine...I'd be more than happy to live like that.

No need for supermarkets or big farming.

Wish we could go ' backward' rather than looking into Space and sustaining from Petri dishes.

Future looks bleak imo.

6 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Food is food, right

Gotta love a bit of camel toe. Guess the vegan equivalent would be a juicy ripe nectarine. ??

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/forest-green-bristol-city-fans-5773946

Dale Vince is claiming there was no overcrowding and that we hadn’t sold out our ticket allocation. The second part of that is undoubtedly bullshit even if you think that the first part may be justified (on the basis of the end fitting 1200 safely, just not being able to see the pitch). So either Dales saying City lied or he’s lying. Think I know where my money is.

For someone who’s modus operandi should be based on bringing people with him to embrace things like the vegan lifestyle, should you read Dales Twitter when asked about last nights crowds he comes across as a bit of an arrogant man at best and a raging tosser at worst. 

blimey, not a great response from Mr Vince

I was oblivious to the problems viewing the game last night. Arrived ridiculously early and had a decent view. Sounds like many others were not so lucky.

One thing that I did find annoying were the electronic advertising boards on the opposite side of the ground. The black ones telling us about dead animals were great. However, for long periods of the second half they were bright white and it meant that you completely lost sight of the ball.

Traffic was awful after the game. Some kind of traffic management / control might have made it less of a free for all.

Sounds like minor inconveniences compared to the experience of others though.

7 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

The lentil munching bridge on here arguing & preaching is as predictable as us conceding last minute goals. 

Go back to reading your Sun newspaper.....if that's the best and most original comment you can conjure up?   And all that meat hasn't improved your spelling ?

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Obnoxious idiot. 

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

An enlightening thread. There are actually people who think that one day there might just be loads of animals roaming around as they wouldn’t have been killed to consume! Some pretty basic level thinking 

I love the idea of people wondering, if cars catch on and no-one travels by horse and cart, won’t the horses all get run over because they would be left to roam? ?

Archived