IGNORED

FFP or A Billionaire Chairman Who Doesn’t Want to Spend

Portis-red

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Not Bristol City. That sum doesn’t add up.

It doesn't need to "add up" if he cashed out his HL shares when their value was lower. Indeed their are stock exchange filings saying he did exactly that. 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Not Bristol City. That sum doesn’t add up.

It doesn't need to "add up" if he cashed out his HL shares when their value was lower. Indeed their are stock exchange filings saying he did exactly that. 

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

He still didn’t spend it all on just Bristol City. That much is obvious.

6 hours ago, 054123 said:

He still didn’t spend it all on just Bristol City. That much is obvious.

No, he has a huge portfolio of businesses. Remember the Fewers getting upset that they had to buy their big screen from him?

Also, there was this not too long back.

http://www.bristol-business.net/air-ambulance-operator-latest-acquisition-by-lansdown-familys-investment-group/

Well here goes nothing quote wise @Hxj

If you highlight the text, right click with a mouse and click on "Quote Selection" that works for me - but I have an old fangled PC with keyboard and mouse!

I've tried it, and it seems not to work for me! :dunno: No matter...

The published decisions contain lots of normally confidential details.  However most press releases in such circumstances are written by the owner for those ears and minds in the following order, the owner, the owner and the owner.

Agreed.

The EFL embargo website implies that such a breach has occurred.

Agreed.

Agreed, but they are also relevant to an agreed sanction.

Agreed- makes sense.

I actually meant where on the scale of mitigation they fall.  The figures are hard ones so a rounding difference could move you between bands.

Ah okay- as in the difference between Sanctioning bands relating to points?

The EFL issued a press release on 14 July stating that three new Championship representatives had been appointed.  Plus at a guess dealing with the ongoing situations at Rochdale and Derby has been time consuming.

True.

There's little doubt that that is what happened.

I don't think that we are very far apart.

Feels likely- though their signings or mooted signings raise eyebrows now- agreed we're on the same page basically!

Rahman on loan linked, Chelsea covering 90% of his wages or similar (he's on £50k per week), Halilovic- mooted to be above the permitted £8.5k per week and contract length also not yet disclosed, but maybe longer than the expected to be allowed 1 year and a CSKA Moscow striker on loan.

Not really the sort of Club in that position...imagine us making those signings this summer?? Very confusing how they are suddenly making these mooted additions or linked with them, seems very out of keeping with £8.5k per week cap, 1 year deal and probably questions about compliance to 2021/22 kinda thing.

Birmingham when they were in that position signed players such as Omar Bogle on loan...that's a huge difference wouldn't you say.

Pedersen is good but look at the rather typical additions they could make under their conditions...

Camp, Mahoney (okay decent- but young), Gary Gardner and Bogle, plus a string of randomers who barely played.

Higher wage cap too IIRC, but Reading's is pretty odd unless there's good news coming down the track.

Two confirmed also Hoilett loan and Dele-Bashiru from Watford also on loan.

Seems a big difference to date in how the Birmingham and Reading cases are being dealt with, thusfar...

Could merely be the rumour mill but...

Not saying I want him but rumours that Reading- that's under FFP Reading who are currently in breach- are signing Drinkwater on loan from Chelsea.

Now Chelsea are doing them a fair few favours aren't they?? Wonder what kinda tieup they have, Chelsea would need to cover the bulk of his wages in order to comply with mooted wage limits- already done with Rahman (£50k per week on an £8,500 per week wage cap- think Chelsea covering the bulk).

I didn't think Chelsea were really in the business of doling out favours in the market, always looked to maximise their gains I thought.

Potentially it's a workaround the wage cap if the loaning club covers the bulk.

Wonder what tieups we have...not that I necessarily would want Rahman and Drinkwater feels fanciful to suddenly be dropping down to Reading but!

What contacts can we utilise? Leicester and Watford? A couple of useful and heavily subsidised loanees could be of use just to fill out the squad. Just fear it's a bit light and weighted towards the youngest players.

I'm curious though as to why Chelsea would help Reading out like that...remember Kent, we got him on far from generous terms from Liverpool!

Seems pretty odd...but maybe the new norm is that PL clubs will be quite generous in loan terms for now.

Not even like they are young players to be trusted with development, both are far away from the first team with time not on their side.

PPS- Quick google search tells me that Dishwater Drinkwater is on £120k per week- Reading's reported wagecap means that Chelsea are gladly covering 93% of it or thereabouts.

I never thought I'd say it but maybe just maybe FFP isn't something to worry about if Reading are permitted such signings/getting such favours despite being in breach. It's a passing thought that'll fall away but it does make you wonder, what's the point if they've breached and nothing moves.

Archived