IGNORED

Andy King

GrahamC

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I rate them both….you don’t have to choose, just because you rate one, doesn't mean you have to hate the other.

I try to like all our players.  What a sad comment to make? ??‍♂️

The bloke this was in response to “fascinates” me. A real gem!

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Firstly anyone who has seen his celebrations at the final whistle will know how much it means to him.

When we signed him I admit I was concerned, 33 soon, played no football at all last season in Belgium, as a former NP player it had all the makings of another Jody Morris signing.

How wrong I was, in the games I have seen he’s been very good & even last week v Swansea he came as near to scoring as anyone & was only on the pitch 10 minutes.

Great goal line clearance today & I was actually surprised he was taken off as I thought he was playing very well.

I know it is only 5 games but he looks a valuable squad man & I’m sure will give his all.

Completely agree. Was really worried when he came off, purely because I thought we’d miss his leadership and solidity for the last minutes of the game. Told me all I need to know. Massive part of the team now and we’ve missed players of his quality.  James had a fantastic game as well I thought. 

Andy King has always been a top player and played under Nige at the Foxes, winning promotion to the PL with him so Nige knows what exactly AK brings both on and off the pitch and signing him was quite a coup for City and shows the benefits of having such a well respected manager at the helm.

To me King has been the best signing so far.

That goal line clearance was absolutely awesome..........with 3 Sheep Herders lurking, it could have rebounded into the net, with the wrong contact?  He performed the perfect clearance, but then, rather than dwell on it's brilliance, ran out and closed down the attacker with the ball, to make sure it all ended well.   Sheer Class!

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

That goal line clearance was absolutely awesome..........with 3 Sheep Herders lurking, it could have rebounded into the net, with the wrong contact?  He performed the perfect clearance, but then, rather than dwell on it's brilliance, ran out and closed down the attacker with the ball, to make sure it all ended well.   Sheer Class!

Yep, spot on. ??????

20 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

That goal line clearance was worth as much as a third goal 

Yep, spot on.

So cool under immense pressure, I would’ve hoofed the thing into the roof of the net in sheer panic. 

Thats the difference between a huge win with a nice 2 weeks off and a ok draw that would’ve been less than we deserved.

Well done Andy ?

20 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The doubts about King were justified , with so little recent game time . Of course Leicester went from Prem new boys to a real co start top 6 threat . So a very high level . I loved the video they made when he left , all of his goals . That is huge respect . You can also understand why Foxes fans hold NP in such regard . He put in place a wonderful set up and club ethic . 

Matty and king are looking like 2 bargain signings that we all hope set our club up for the future . So far it looks like it . Just look how they are helping Han Noah as one example .

It finally feels like we are going to what we always said we would . 

IMHO city fans ( most fans ) just what to see the players give their all and behave like they give a sh1t . The rest is a bonus . Last season for  everyone , from the owner to the fans made us all sick . It was distressing and depressing . Disgusting actually . 

I am not obsessed with the Prem but I do want to watch committed  professionals, be entertained at games and see some youth developing and evolving. 

Players like King and James are showing us why we have been also rans. They are showing our young players what you need to get to the top . Finally we have people at the club that know what you need to get to the Prem . Finally we have stopped being a L1 club done good . We are raising the level. 

no idea if NP will do it but I am certain that what he is doing will make BCFC a far better club . We need to be the club all young players come to . As Herbie Kane admitted , he made a huge error joining Liverpool . 

Exciting times . About time . This season is a transition , but you can see where we are going . 

Doubts are absolutely fine, making ones mind up without watching him play (in a City shirt)  is very different though.

Spot on….and doing it by example - on the pitch.

27 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The doubts about King were justified , with so little recent game time . Of course Leicester went from Prem new boys to a real co start top 6 threat . So a very high level . I loved the video they made when he left , all of his goals . That is huge respect . You can also understand why Foxes fans hold NP in such regard . He put in place a wonderful set up and club ethic . 

Matty and king are looking like 2 bargain signings that we all hope set our club up for the future . So far it looks like it . Just look how they are helping Han Noah as one example .

It finally feels like we are going to what we always said we would . 

IMHO city fans ( most fans ) just what to see the players give their all and behave like they give a sh1t . The rest is a bonus . Last season for  everyone , from the owner to the fans made us all sick . It was distressing and depressing . Disgusting actually . 

I am not obsessed with the Prem but I do want to watch committed  professionals, be entertained at games and see some youth developing and evolving. 

Players like King and James are showing us why we have been also rans. They are showing our young players what you need to get to the top . Finally we have people at the club that know what you need to get to the Prem . Finally we have stopped being a L1 club done good . We are raising the level. 

no idea if NP will do it but I am certain that what he is doing will make BCFC a far better club . We need to be the club all young players come to . As Herbie Kane admitted , he made a huge error joining Liverpool . 

Exciting times . About time . This season is a transition , but you can see where we are going . 

Yet another excellent and insightful post Billy. Spot on gain.

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Nige has said a few times that players do not need to be up for big games . Top players are up for every game . King is a great example . No one has mentioned this , but after the Swans game a camera was on King . He was so angry and lip reading it was clear he was saying “ F duck it F duck it “ .  

King is looking like an inspired signing right now . 

Last season Nige said the dressing room couldn’t police their own standards / levels.  I suspect he’s not come across that too many times in his managerial career and was very keen to get rid of the “cosy club” nature.  That also meant tough decisions on Weimann and Baker’s contracts.  I’m glad they re-signed, big parts to play this season.

Wonder if NP is starting to settle on an approach that’s the same formation, but slightly different personnel, home and away. Solid, but speedier up front away from home where we can expect to play on the break. More inventive, speed less critical at home, where we’ll need to be better at breaking defences down. 

Home: Massengo CM and Scott (guile) right of forward 3

Away: King CM (Solid) and Massengo right of forward 3 (energy)

Probably not a statistically valid sample yet, but thought selections for last 2 games have been interesting.

I'm not often right, but I said on here that I thought he looked class in the pre-season games, and the general response, whilst gracious, was that I was wrong and he was completely anonymous and ineffective. Just thought I'd pat myself on the back there. As you were. 

18 hours ago, maxjak said:

@maxjak

It's not the sheep herders you should be concerned about.

It's the sheep shaggers!

9 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Brunt looked spent I agree it was embarrassing at times.

It happens and at least he had the balls to recognise it and leave. Could easily have stayed and picked up the money. Certainly showed a lot more integrity than many others who are no longer in the squad.

Archived