IGNORED

Jeff Stelling - leaving Soccer Saturday end of the season

Selred

56 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

You know I wrote a comment here only to delete because of the reaction I would surely get from the woke brigade.

Amazing how easy free speech can be discouraged

In my honest opinion it should always be the best person for the job regardless of whether that be a man or woman black or white but too many times especially on tv there seems to be too much box ticking going on. I will get slated for saying it but there are far too many female sports presenters on especially on Sky sports and they all just happen to be very attractive, I'm glad I'm not a young man today trying to get on in the entertainment world the odds are definitely stacked against you and to me that doesn't seem right or fair, as I said lets go back to having the best person whoever that may be for the job in question, positive discrimination? don't get me started on that one. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

The same old comments from the same old people again ?‍♂️ 

On 31/10/2021 at 00:43, Selred said:

You’ve posted a lot of comments on a thread about Jeff although not one post has been about him. Every post has been about who it could be, even though they haven’t been announced. Weird behaviour.

He's got history for jumping to conclusions especially where race is concerned. Posted an absolute car crash of a thread about the Reading stabbings last year. Adament it was black on black, caused by BLM blah blah. Had nothing to do with it and he disappeared from the thread never to comment again.

On 01/11/2021 at 10:19, Clutton Caveman said:

You know I wrote a comment here only to delete because of the reaction I would surely get from the woke brigade.

Amazing how easy free speech can be discouraged

I was going to write a reply to your post. But I realised the reaction I would get from the pro-discrimination brigade.

Why am I not allowed free speech? ??????????????

58 minutes ago, mozo said:

I used to work for Jules Warren and it's great to see him do so well at Sky. Surely he has been lined up for this for a while?

Yep, he’s competent.

He’s not in Jeff Stelling’s league though. If he was, Jeff would have gone a few years back.

Sky has a massive problem - they need to keep the USP which separates them from the BBC and BT Sport. Jeff was that  - he’s not just competent as a football anchor - he’s Jeff. Humorous, spontaneous, liked and respected by all. Even footballers with their massive egos have respect for the man and treat him as one of their own. 

Almost impossible shoes to fill. You do wonder - unless they have an absolute belter up their sleeves - whether it would be best to totally revamp the show’s format. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Yep, he’s competent.

He’s not in Jeff Stelling’s league though. If he was, Jeff would have gone a few years back.

Sky has a massive problem - they need to keep the USP which separates them from the BBC and BT Sport. Jeff was that  - he’s not just competent as a football anchor - he’s Jeff. Humorous, spontaneous, liked and respected by all. Even footballers with their massive egos have respect for the man and treat him as one of their own. 

Almost impossible shoes to fill. You do wonder - unless they have an absolute belter up their sleeves - whether it would be best to totally revamp the show’s format. 

Yeah Jules is a very safe pair of hands but doesn't have the natural wit of Stelling.

4 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Seems you get comments even when you don't say anything.

Guess what people have different opinions. It is OK to disagree, oh but I forget the woke brigade not only want to tell us what to say but also what to think. And of course they are ALWAYS right.

All they are doing is disagreeing as well. Giving their different opinion to you.  

Next Soccer Saturday Presenter

Ladbrokes odds

• Julian Warren – 11/10
  • David Jones - 2/1
  • Hayley McQueen – 5/2
  • Kelly Cates - 4/1
  • Laura Woods - 5/1
  • Kirsty Gallagher – 6/1
  • Pete Graves - 6/1
  • Charlotte Coleman - 7/1
  • Tom White - 7/1
  • Adam Leventhal – 8/1
  • David Garrido – 8/1
  • Gary Lineker – 33/1
  • Adrian Chiles – 50/1
  • Gary Neville – 75/1
  • Jamie Carragher – 75/1
  • Piers Morgan - 100/1
  • Warwick Davis - 100/1
  • Chris Kamara – 100/1

3 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Seems you get comments even when you don't say anything.

Guess what people have different opinions. It is OK to disagree, oh but I forget the woke brigade not only want to tell us what to say but also what to think. And of course they are ALWAYS right.

You did say something though.

You made a thinly veiled slight at those who aren't pro discrimination. 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You did say something though.

You made a thinly veiled slight at those who aren't pro discrimination. 

I am not pro discrimination. In fact quite the opposite. I don't like it when the most suitable candidate for any position is discriminated against because they do not belong to a particular cultural, ethnic or gender group. My son is applying for 1 year placement for his year in industry and was told by his advisor (who incidentally is female and from India) " with large public organisations, because you come from a white middle class background you will be at the bottom of the list and as such you should concentrate on medium and small privately owned businesses."

Howz that for discrimination?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I don't like it when the most suitable candidate for any position is discriminated against because they do not belong to a particular cultural, ethnic or gender group.

As nobody has yet been announced for the Soccer Saturday job, what has that got to do with this thread?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I am not pro discrimination. In fact quite the opposite. I don't like it when the most suitable candidate for any position is discriminated against because they do not belong to a particular cultural, ethnic or gender group. My son is applying for 1 year placement for his year in industry and was told by his advisor (who incidentally is female and from India) " with large public organisations, because you come from a white middle class background you will be at the bottom of the list and as such you should concentrate on medium and small privately owned businesses."

As someone who works with a lot of large public organizations I suggest he ignores her, as that's not even close to true in my experience.

You can see the civil service targets here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service/about/equality-and-diversity it's around 13% new hires being from ethnic minorities which is actually slightly under the % who live in this country I believe. So that sounds pretty fair to me?

43 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

But as there was absolutely no suggestion of people being put forward for Jeff's job because of their ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender, any comments suggesting such or the like are utterly pointless, and just reveal the prejudices of the posters making them.

Edited by JamesBCFC

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Seeing as minorities have been discriminated for decades, what do you suggest is done?

21 hours ago, Selred said:

Seeing as minorities have been discriminated for decades, what do you suggest is done?

I don't think you fix discrimination against one group by discriminating against another.

If we are all supposed to be equal, then some should not be more equal than others and where there is a choice for any sort of role or position it should be based on the persons suitability for that role with no other caveats.

22 hours ago, IAmNick said:

As someone who works with a lot of large public organizations I suggest he ignores her, as that's not even close to true in my experience.

You can see the civil service targets here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service/about/equality-and-diversity it's around 13% new hires being from ethnic minorities which is actually slightly under the % who live in this country I believe. So that sounds pretty fair to me?

I can assure you it's very true! My son also has similar experience when trying to join the fire brigade!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I don't think you fix discrimination against one group by discriminating against another.

If we are all supposed to be equal, then some should not be more equal than others and where there is a choice for any sort of role or position it should be based on the persons suitability for that role with no other caveats.

And yet here you are, posting in a thread that's full of baseless speculation that Stelling's replacement will only be picked based on box ticking.

Rather than say you hope the replacement is the best person for the job, you just had a bizarre rant about "the woke brigade".

• Like 1

On 03/11/2021 at 10:14, Super said:

Next Soccer Saturday Presenter

Ladbrokes odds

• Julian Warren – 11/10
  • David Jones - 2/1
  • Hayley McQueen – 5/2
  • Kelly Cates - 4/1
  • Laura Woods - 5/1
  • Kirsty Gallagher – 6/1
  • Pete Graves - 6/1
  • Charlotte Coleman - 7/1
  • Tom White - 7/1
  • Adam Leventhal – 8/1
  • David Garrido – 8/1
  • Gary Lineker – 33/1
  • Adrian Chiles – 50/1
  • Gary Neville – 75/1
  • Jamie Carragher – 75/1
  • Piers Morgan - 100/1
  • Warwick Davis - 100/1
  • Chris Kamara – 100/1

Wot? No Mark Ashton !!!

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Thank god for that.  Now get rid of the likes of Clinton Morrison Tim Sherwood and Jamie Mackie and bring back Tiss Charlie and Tommo.

No chance. If they got rid because they were too old, why would they change their minds 2 years later.

Besides, Le Tissier is fully down the rabbit hole now. I'd be amazed if a mainstream broadcaster gives him work again.

• Like 2