IGNORED

Jeff Stelling - leaving Soccer Saturday end of the season

Selred

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No chance. If they got rid because they were too old, why would they change their minds 2 years later.

Besides, Le Tissier is fully down the rabbit hole now. I'd be amazed if a mainstream broadcaster gives him work again.

Oh i know they won't but the programme has gone downhill completely.

• Like 3

I’d prefer to see characters on these types of shows rather than professional type pundits.

Much prefer to see Micah Richards or Ian Wright getting the giggles or jumping around at a last minute goal rather than some monotonous ex-footballer blandly describing a goal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grifty said:

I’d prefer to see characters on these types of shows rather than professional type pundits.

Much prefer to see Micah Richards or Ian Wright getting the giggles or jumping around at a last minute goal rather than some monotonous ex-footballer blandly describing a goal.

What's wrong with Sue Smith then? 

:bonkers:^_^

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Soccer AM died the moment Lovejoy left.  Yes he was a bit of a ***** but him and Helen made it what it was. It’s embarrassing now and Sky stick it simultaneously on 4 channels to try and increase the ratings 

It used to be 'must watch', but now a lot of what would have made up their content is available on social media minutes after it happens. I was on the show with fellow City supporters 15 years ago and it was a brilliant weekend. City won at Watford to cap it off.

• Like 1

Yup - Helen Chamberlain in her prime made Soccer AM the must watch show of the week.

Lovejoy was brill

I just reckon Helen got fed up with being there for so long, it did kinda show some weeks.

But on her day she made it probably the best footy show of all time.

Great performer, with good knowledge and razor sharp banter.

Top Tekkers!

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Soccer AM died the moment Lovejoy left.  Yes he was a bit of a ***** but him and Helen made it what it was. It’s embarrassing now and Sky stick it simultaneously on 4 channels to try and increase the ratings 

They should have altered the format at that point.

Underestimated how important the two lead presenters where to that particular way of doing the show.