IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Only just seen this. Pearson hasn't had us 4th at any time has he? In the month of August the highest he had us was 10th, lowest was 19th.

I think after 82 mins v Blackpool we were 2nd, so may be doing him a dis-service actually.

My point was not really based around specifics to be honest.

2 hours ago, Redandproud said:

"WHAT"?

It was a light-hearted response to your post yesterday :

" It was stated by the commentator on Sky Sports Arena last night that NP was offered cash for a sticker in the last window but refused it " 

I've tidied up the syntax and grammar for you. 

You're welcome. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

36 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

" It was stated by the commentator on Sky Sports Arena last night that NP was offered cash for a sticker in the last window but refused it " 

You're welcome. 

More importantly though, do we believe this?

It was Cardiff super fan Gabbidon & some Sky commentator who said it & I have never heard this reported before.

My recollection was Pearson basically said the ones he wanted were ones he couldn’t afford (to slightly misquote Morrissey) whereas these two were claiming he’d vetoed some done deal.

I must admit I had my doubts earlier on when Gabbidon said that he couldn’t believe HNM wasn’t starting because he was our most creative player, which aside from the fact that Fleming had explained beforehand they were looking to manage his workload over 3 games (as he’s running 11km per game) was the comment of someone who knows very little about us.

Stick to Pobol Y Cym, Danny (& it was 2-1 Weimann with both, by the way)..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You're welcome. 

,I speak how I want, not be told how to speak ,BOY

The man needs time. He has said this himself from the off but he could be a victim of his own transition like o’Driscoll was. I can’t accept that this is as bad as the odriscoll/McKinnes days though. Pearson has proved with the likes of HNM, Tanner, Pring, Atkinson and dare I say it, Vardy, that he’s more qualified mot nurture talented players. Seeing some people compare this to the McKinnes days is a hasty reaction after a very poor performance. Comparing this to the Foster/Pearson days seems wrong. The thought of those two in our team now sends shivers down my spine and not in a good way.

I do have a slight issue with him playing Martin week in week out and I will be interested to see if that continues when Semenyo and Conway are fit again. But others have said Martin is our best striker and it’s the creativity from midfield and the wings that we lack. I’m happy to accept that but I want to see what Pearson can do with another summer transfer window to fill those gaps, because if the players I listed above are anything to go by, there are reasons to be optimistic. 

Lets also not forget that he’s still implementing his own back-room staff and clearing up the left-overs from LJ and DH.

Credit to all that stick with us and will get behind us on Saturday. Fond memories of the Ricoh and a couple of trips we had up there with GJ, Byfield getting a brace iirc. Despite their form, no reason why we can bounce back and get something from the game.