IGNORED

Chris Wilder - Would you swap?

Unan

Chris Wilder - Would you swap?  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What I mean really is that it might get Lansdown thinking. He's a big fan of Robins and his name has been mentioned for every vacancy here since 2014 when we appointed Cotterill. 

I can't see us taking Robins from Coventry - but getting comprehensively beaten by a team of a manager Lansdown likes might be the tipping point for him. 

Fair point PH.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the same constraints will persist regardless of manager. We will still have a relatively poor and unbalanced squad, we will still have little-no money to spend, we will still have a big wage bill we're struggling to cut, we will still have a psychologically damaged team.

I don't think a manager will get much more out of this squad that Pearson was around the start of the season (hopefully we return to that soon). Panicking and changing managers again may well just delay the rebuild by another few months. 

Besides, who are we (realistically) going to be able to attract? I can't imagine there are many managers in the EFL that envy the job which NP has on his hands here. And that's before we consider what we could afford (whilst having to also continue paying for LJ and NP).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

We will still have a relatively poor and unbalanced squad, we will still have little-no money to spend, we will still have a big wage bill we're struggling to cut

Yep, if everyone is fit, it’s got enough about it….but everyone isn’t fit, some are getting more knackered as each game goes by.

Those issues don’t go away.

Yep, Nige needs to use all his experience to find a solution over the next 2 1/2 weeks so we come back against Blackburn with a plan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I think Lowe would come. Much bigger club with more potential. Will probably soon hit a ceiling where he is now. It wouldn’t be a popular one though as a lot of city fans seem snobbish about such appointments. Managers like Mark Robins wasn’t wanted in the main and look what he’s doing at Coventry. Blackpool and Luton doing well also. Their managers wouldn’t have been wanted. All of those teams have a style and a plan that they execute well. Must be nice!

AIS. Tend to agree with you, but who is to say in the long run PA dont become another Bournemouth. I remember years ago going to Plainmoor to watch Torquay v B'Mouth in the old Div 4.

just suppose we did get wilder,not that i want nige out, results dont pick up. how long do you give him before he gets the sack. we cant count last seasons games for pearson, he was working out who he could use so imo,hes had 15 games so far.  6 points from the next 8 games will see us on course for whats expected this year. i might think about hoping theres a change if we arent halfway to safety on 23 games

On 03/11/2021 at 08:40, And Its Smith said:

Managers like Mark Robins wasn’t wanted in the main and look what he’s doing at Coventry. Blackpool and Luton doing well also. Their managers wouldn’t have been wanted. All of those teams have a style and a plan that they execute well. Must be nice!

All 3 of those teams have been built and then promoted from L1, based on hard work and team spirit. You are either able to maintain that momentum in the Championship or you start investing in higher wage more expensive players which is sometimes when it starts to go wrong. Bit like when we 1st came up to where we are now.

• Like 1