IGNORED

If you could add 5 players since 2015 to this side

Phileas Fogg

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Webster and Ayling, my kingdom for Webster and Ayling.

I'd have Brownhill back in a heartbeat as well, probably at the expense of Smith in your list. That tenacity in the midfield is so desperately missing.

Reid over Eliasson as well. Eliasson never really found his place in our system, and I think the same would be true under Pearson.

Then if I can't have Tammy I guess Kodjia is the one...over Diedhiou...I'm torn as imo peak, invested, interested Diedhiou is a solid 15 goals ahead on guy. But ok we'll go Kodjia if we're judging players at the time of their departure. 

So Webster, Ayling, Brownhill, Reid and Kodjia.

I had to leave Ayling out, because I wanted Maenpaa.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I had to leave Ayling out, because I wanted Maenpaa.

At the time of departure though...I loved Niki, at times he was absolutely better than Bentley. But on the day he left? I think he was injured tbh ? I say think as IIRC the club never really announced him leaving. Stoke just quietly signed him and our club didn't even acknowledge it. 

• Like 1

Great topic, this would be my squad for current and former players since 2015

Bentley 

Ayling Kalas Webster Bryant  

Nagy

Massengo    Brownhill 

elliason                       Ried

Abraham 

oleary, federicks, benkovic, smith, freeman wells, 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A few threads on here regarding personnel have got me thinking. If you could add any 5 players we've had since promotion (2015) to this squad, who would they be and why? 

Just because Abraham would obviously take up one of the choices - I am going to ask people to exclude loans. Makes it a bit more interesting. Also, the players in question will have their ability at the time of leaving as in that time period a few of those will have declined/improved.

For me..

1. Webster - Needs no explanation. 
  2. Ayling - I feel we never adequately replaced him. He would give us an option to play a back 5 or 4. Nothing wrong with Tanner but I thought Ayling was excellent. I think he could also perform very well in midfield if required. 
  3. Smith - I think he'd add bite and industry to our midfield. Was a toss up between him and Pack but I feel James and Pack may not complement each other that well.
  4. Eliasson - We simply don't have enough pace or delivery in wide areas. I really rated him and feel we've never adequately replaced him.
  5. Kodjia - We lack excitement and imagination going forward. I also really enjoy watching players like him who have star quality and unpredictability. 

Honourable mention to Reid of course, but would probably plump for Kodjia over him all things considered. 

I’d go exactly the same as you but probably replace smith with brownhill.

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maenpaa

Webster

Brownhill

Reid

Kodjia

(but I also had Ayling, Smith, Eliasson as clubs in the bag! ?)

Yeah but Maenpaa would injure himself the day after returning ?

1 hour ago, Selred said:

And the worst take of the season goes to @lukebcfc1989

Which one? Racking up a few contenders at this rate

55 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A few threads on here regarding personnel have got me thinking. If you could add any 5 players we've had since promotion (2015) to this squad, who would they be and why? 

Just because Abraham would obviously take up one of the choices - I am going to ask people to exclude loans. Makes it a bit more interesting. Also, the players in question will have their ability at the time of leaving as in that time period a few of those will have declined/improved.

For me..

1. Webster - Needs no explanation. 
  2. Ayling - I feel we never adequately replaced him. He would give us an option to play a back 5 or 4. Nothing wrong with Tanner but I thought Ayling was excellent. I think he could also perform very well in midfield if required. 
  3. Smith - I think he'd add bite and industry to our midfield. Was a toss up between him and Pack but I feel James and Pack may not complement each other that well.
  4. Eliasson - We simply don't have enough pace or delivery in wide areas. I really rated him and feel we've never adequately replaced him.
  5. Kodjia - We lack excitement and imagination going forward. I also really enjoy watching players like him who have star quality and unpredictability. 

Honourable mention to Reid of course, but would probably plump for Kodjia over him all things considered. 

I like that list!

Forward it to Pearson, Gould and Lansdown with a copy of "the AFC Bournemouth Guide on How To Break FFP Rules Without Punishment" and I reckon we could be in business next season.  ;)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Bentley 

Nagy

Massengo    Brownhill 

Abraham 

Nagy is an interesting choice..

I think I'd go

Bentley

Ayling - Kalas - Webster - Bryan

Smith

Brownhill - Massengo

Kodjia - Reid - Eliasson

Bench: Maenpaa , Tavernier (strictly pre-promotion I know but it's my topic !), Baker, Pack, Freeman, Paterson, Diedhiou

In that system Kodjia would get plenty of free reign. Reid would play that deeper pressing forward role he thrived in here. Crosses from Eliasson for Kodjia and Brownhill to get on the end of. I think Smith and Brownhill would allow Massengo to really blossom. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

3 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Bentley 

Nagy

Massengo    Brownhill 

Abraham 

Interesting.

You're allowed to bring back 5 ex-players but pick 12!

I know we're shite right now but still... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

4 hours ago, Jacki said:

For me I’m going

Webster

Reid

Brownhill

Ayling

Tammy

I know I’m cheating a bit with Tammy but I absolutely loved that guy…. 

Yeah, that would be some upgrade. Loved Tammy.

I can remember LJ saying he missed Bobby Reid more than any other player, I would love him back here where he belongs.