IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

It’s difficult to blame Lansdown for things going wrong with Pearson when 99.9% of the fans were elated that Pearson joined us.

I think the point is more his track record over 20 years...which doesn't exactly inspire confidence when it comes to managerial appointments!

In better news, a very mature performance from T, kept the ball moving and was disciplined. He just needs to learn how to defend our box now (as do they all). Mother the goal, as Johnson Snr used to say. COD did well, should keep his place. Good energy and crossing. It all turns to sh*t on the edge of our box. It can be coached and improved. I see nothing in our current coaches that is addressing that. Martin did well, but that 2nd just beore half time would have been crucial. Mentally, they will be shot to pieces now.

I spent 77 quid on a shirt and shorts for my 5 year old on Tuesday before the shit served up at birmingham. & now this. I want my money back and to advise my kid to support anybody but this shower. 45 years of following this utter under achievement - and the last 18 months are the worst of the lot. High performance centre - my arse

• Thanks 1
Just now, pl00peh91 said:

It’s difficult to blame Lansdown for things going wrong with Pearson when 99.9% of the fans were elated that Pearson joined us.

What plan has actually worked In the last 20 years? Theyre the same as the previous 20 years.

Who actually appointed Cotterill?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I just loved the way they attacked us with 10 men - always with at least one spare man - and how we had noone to pass to half the time. When you didn't think it could get any worse, City always manage to exceed expectations. Abject.

Yeah, you could just see how it was shaping up. Full back to centre back, centre back to centre back, then only to play it back to originating full back... and lose possession. Show some balls and try to create something positive and moving towards the target!

Edited by Sturgess
2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I just loved the way they attacked us with 10 men - always with at least one spare man - and how we had noone to pass to half the time. When you didn't think it could get any worse, City always manage to exceed expectations. Abject.

For large chunks of the second-half we made it look like it was us that had ten men,  not them! 

• Like 1

What an absolute spineless, pathetic bunch of so called professional footballers we have at our club ?

Playing against Man City with 10 men I could accept… but not Coventry City. Coventry totally deserved that win. That worked tirelessly, and showed levels of determination that we could only dream of from our players!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I'll tell you something, I'm not far off the stage where I turn round and knock it in the head until the Guernsey tax exile ***** off. That might get a lot of criticism on here but that's where I am, like it or lump it.

If it helps - and not much does after that!...You're not alone.

• Like 1

Like I said. We are one of the favorites to relegate. Hull and Cardiff will come back and go over us. If we are lucky we will get a 20-21th place playing till the last 2,3, games to survive.

A small team, a small club and a stupid owner. If we get to league one, we won't come back soon. I won't watch anymore, I will just look for the scores. I am not paying for this ugly shit.

Come on Bristol Lady ! 

3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Yes, we did. Apart the last minutes we were OK in the second half, one of their goal was a gift by the referee, we had chances too. 2-2 would have been the right result. We were lucky against Barnsley, not  today...even if Coventry played better.

That being said, we knew it woukd have been another tough match and that we have weaknesses.

The fact is we looked like we had the ten men.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

He also lost 8 in a row. We’re nowhere near that. 

It’s not Lee Johnson that I hate per sé, it’s his favourable treatment that I can only put down to nepotism. 

If NP gets the same level of favour as LJ did, then maybe I can let it go a little. 

Fair enough- you do seem slightly obsessed with Johnson but see your point.

Pearson went from feb to end of October without a home win, their is plenty of championship experience in that squad and internationals- I don’t but into the fact that they are a dreadful bunch- they are not being coached well they are not motivated and I thought someone of his experience could at least bring that to the table… telling the press after every loss that we are a poor team Is not exactly motivational. 

I manage a high performing Sales team in a very competitive financial service industry- I make my people believe that they are better than I know they are (mainly because I am shite at recruiting) but it seems to work and their engagement is a credit to them- man management is all about the leader in charge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Bodiesaffer said:

No manager can shake this mess up.  They all have to go.  Complete mental lock out..  Nigel needs to sack off some of these pros. They are not good enough fact they’ve had there chance. 

I disagree now. That was a game to be won, or at least controlled. This is coaching and this team (coaches & manager) are not doing their jobs. I 100% believe that a good coach could sort this out, not to climb the table, but to do the basics and pick up points. At 2-2 a point would not have been so very bad, but we were too open, too sloppy, too headless, too lazy, and the inevitable came to pass.

5 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Yes, but we weren’t at interviews or privy to references and search reports etc.

We know our Board is just a nothing and our owner has proved himself serially unable to recruit well, except for Cotts who then got promotion a season early for the owner and was not backed and was sacked - ridiculous 

• Like 2