IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

Just now, Numero Uno said:

And if I was Ryan Lowe looking at our squad I would tell you to **** right off after I’d finished laughing.

I disagree. We have a decent squad of mid Championship players, which he would surely realise. He would start from a total shambles.

As inconvenient as that is.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

So that is a direct quote?

Should be easy for you to find and add to your post.

If you can't it's just bull sh*t

It’s not a direct quote, it was more like “when fans have put in as money as me, they can make the decisions”….was on a 20Man Radio interview during LJ’s reign, possibly during that losing run.  Seem to recall it was one of those lunchtime interviews pre-match.

It was such a crap thing to say, it stuck in many of our minds as the day he took the fans for idiots and lost a number of them.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So that is a direct quote?

Should be easy for you to find and add to your post.

If you can't it's just bull sh*t

Wrong! This is what Lansdown said.
That was a quote from Lansdown, so stop posting bull sh*t. 

Edited by Tin Soldier

58 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

This runs much deeper than whether NP is up to the job. Nobody we appoint to the job ever seems up to it at Tier 2 level. The club seems dysfunctional at its core.

Although I do wonder if Nige is basically not a well man since his first bout of COVID and is struggling to exert himself or care enough.

I 100% believe nige hasn't been fit enough since he signed and maybe his second dose of covid has floored him.. I can see him leaving football altogether.

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Ryan Lowe would be my choice. 

Has a style of football (much like Russell Martin who is earning plaudits with Swansea). 

Has worked wonders in his short time as a manager, promotions with both Bury and Plymouth on minimal budget, whilst taking Plymouth to 2nd place in League 1. 

Pep Guardiola couldnt turn this bunch of Oxygen thieves around!!

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In fairness Fleming’s post match comments were 100% what any one of us would have said.  So credit to him for that. 

Did he say that he’s fed up with this shite, and refuse to attend another away fixture?

He gets no credit from me.

And neither do the other spineless tosspots.

9 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Which players are decent? 

Pearson identified the midfield as a weakness early on and employed King & James to pick the quality up in midfield.

They did it in the Prem way back. So why not the Championship?

They are both missing now and we are back to the players we had in the Deano era.

So now, Weimann & Massengo can run their arses off all day for all it's worth, but the quality, concentration, combativeness and composure in midfield is still missing.

Brownhill, Pack & Smith had those attributes and have not been replaced.

• Like 2

I still have faith in Pearson. This isn't his team really. Thanks to COVID he was incredibly limited in the transfer market and so rebuilding this team is going to take more transfer windows than it would normally. 

Obviously you hope that he would be able to get more out of this current crop of players; but this squad is not good; hence why we are rebuilding. For me as long as we stay up this season, and have some good performances from promising young players like Massengo, Scott, Pring, and Tanner then it's an acceptable season. The previous squad that was assembled (and then sold off) under Johnson and Ashton has run its course and we need a proper rebuild, and thanks to COVID it wil be slower than we'd like.

People suggesting to get rid of Pearson; do you honestly think someone like Ryan Lowe would have us battling for the top 6? Would he be better than Pearson, and have the experience for rebuilding the club over the next 2 seasons? I'm not sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I disagree. We have a decent squad of mid Championship players, which he would surely realise. He would start from a total shambles.

As inconvenient as that is.

If we had a "decent squad of middling Championship players" you would expect us to win games comfortably on occasion. How many games can you recall in the last two years where we have won AND been the better side? You could count them on the fingers of one hand and have fingers to spare. The vast majority of wins we get are dogged performances where we have been battered for the most part, games where either Bentley has turned up or the woodwork has turned up - that doesn't scream middling Championship standard to me. It screams crap.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In fairness Fleming’s post match comments were 100% what any one of us would have said.  So credit to him for that. 

100%.

Plus he has to come out afterwards & be professional but he seemed rightly really angry.

How we put this right when it seems like different players making mistakes every game, I have no idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigelmalta said:

There is something wrong with our players. You can’t concede so many goals in injury time as professionals.  You can’t blame the Manager only.

something seriously wrong with their attitude….

they are a disgrace!!

Just not good enough, mentally and talent wise 

I thought the effort and shape defensively was there today and we quietened Coventry first half and improved to go in 1-0 up, could have been 2

The second half is down to being mentally weak and low confidence and you can’t coach that - and players can’t seem to make a simple pass. Again they shouldn’t need coaching to do this  

A mix matched toolset in recruitment over the last few years is taking its toll- it will take a genius and time to sort

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not a direct quote, it was more like “when fans have put in as money as me, they can make the decisions”….was on a 20Man Radio interview during LJ’s reign, possibly during that losing run.  Seem to recall it was one of those lunchtime interviews pre-match.

It was such a crap thing to say, it stuck in many of our minds as the day he took the fans for idiots and lost a number of them.

That is not quite what he said as I recall it if we’re thinking about the same interview.

The context was that we were in a poor run of form and the question from Twentyman was along the lines of “the fans are paying a lot of money to come to watch City and aren’t happy seeing such poor results week in and week out; what do you say to them?”  Lansdown’s response was something like “I’m putting a lot more money in than them so imagine how I feel.”

There could probably have been a better response in retrospect, but it wasn’t how it’s been sometimes interpreted or remembered by some people.  

Edited by YorksRed
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Simples.

He’s the ****** ultimately responsible for this ******* mess. Never mind ultimate beneficial owner.

I couldn’t care less how much money he’s “invested” or written off.

He’s the ****** at the top of the tree.

He’s the ****** who allowed Ashton to make an absolute ******* mess of our club.

He’s the ****** who failed to invest at the right time when we had momentum.

He’s the ****** who was at the helm with his hand on the tiller when other ******* buffoons were appointed - remember club legend Tinnion standing in the dug out at Swansea?

He’s the ****** who now owns the ******* lot. The lot. Ashton Gate. What was once a club asset is now his. And all that can be seen around it. And we laugh at the Rovers not owning their ground……

He’s the ****** who promised to make us proud. Who’s feeling proud tonight? Not me.

Time to open thine eyes. As long as Lansdown stays were going nowhere. Abso*******lutely nowhere.

We’re his plaything. We’re ******* doomed.

Head. Nailed on Al. Well said

19 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

That is not quite what he said as I recall it if we’re thinking about the same interview.

The context was that we were in a poor run of form and the question from Twentyman was along the lines of “the fans are paying a lot of money to come to watch City and aren’t happy seeing such poor results week in and week out; what do you say to them?”  Lansdown’s response was something like “I’m putting a lot more money in than them so imagine how I feel.”

There could probably have been a better response in retrospect, but it wasn’t how it’s been sometimes interpreted or remembered by some people.  

I’m thinking of a different one then….it incensed a lot of fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

And if I was Ryan Lowe looking at our squad I would tell you to **** right off after I’d finished laughing.

To right, he's manager of a team that he has put together that has a fair chance of promotion.

Plymouth are a club that could match out crowds and are on the up. The only thing we could entice him with is wages.

For me he would be mad to leave what he has going now.