IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

I can see Nige walking away on medical grounds……he doesn’t seem in good health and will probably think; “I don’t need this sh@t!”

Found it strange that he did all the pre-game interviews etc and then the next day, he’s not week enough to travel with the squad.

I hope he doesn’t but something doesn’t feel right…..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lenred said:

Same old clueless ****s wanging on about how someone else will do better but when asked ‘who’ it’s Ryan Lowe or ‘I don’t know’. ******* hilarious….

the same clueless "****s" who spend a disproportionally large amount of their income following their team and are quite justifiably questioning a truly abysmal managers results including the worst home record in BCFC's history?

So we are not allowed to do this unless we have the answer of who the next manager should be? And if we criticise a player- do we have to name the replacement and discuss the contract?

So @lenred- give me some time to look at your posting history regarding Lee Johnson and we can have a further conversation-.

P.s- I already know what your general theme to LJ was but I'll help clarify this. for the record

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

the same clueless "****s" who spend a disproportionally large amount of their income following their team and are quite justifiably questioning a truly abysmal managers results including the worst home record in BCFC's history?

So we are not allowed to do this unless we have the answer of who the next manager should be? And if we criticise a player- do we have to name the replacement and discuss the contract?

So @lenred- give me some time to look at your posting history regarding Lee Johnson and we can have a further conversation-.

P.s- I already know what your general theme to LJ was but I'll help clarify this. for the record

Worst home record in our history? Really?

Please do go looking though my posting history if that gets you off on a Saturday night.  You will see he was given ample time until I thought it was time for him to go. Weird that you seem to think otherwise but I’m flattered that you pay so much attention!  

Edited by lenred

My take on this is that there will be more games like this with our noses well and truly rubbed in it. We are yet again in a transitional period and starting again.

It is a combination of lost revenue and Nige's wish to run with a smaller squad. We're missing for this match  Williams, King, James, Baker & Atkinson so perhaps it's no surprise we reverted back to type.

My question is simply that Pearson is the Manager with Fleming, a large part of being a Manager is to get the best out of what's at your disposal. Now, what I am sensing is that there are some players who seem to fit in with his ethos and some that don't which is all very divisive and seems to me in leading to a gradual decline in performances so the early season promise with hard working displays at least full of endeavour are turning into limp, meek, out performing passive performances.

I fully understand that we can't do anything until the transfer window opens but with Pearson's pedigree one would expect us to at least be able to compete, is that not down to the Manager?

I know it's the manner of the shameful defeat today but prior to this did anybody think we would've got any sort of result today?

I like Pearson and want him to succeed but you have to start to question his motivational skills, surely.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Swede said:

My take on this is that there will be more games like this with our noses well and truly rubbed in it. We are yet again in a transitional period and starting again.

It is a combination of lost revenue and Nige's wish to run with a smaller squad. We're missing for this match  Williams, King, James, Baker & Atkinson so perhaps it's no surprise we reverted back to type.

My question is simply that Pearson is the Manager with Fleming, a large part of being a Manager is to get the best out of what's at your disposal. Now, what I am sensing is that there are some players who seem to fit in with his ethos and some that don't which is all very divisive and seems to me in leading to a gradual decline in performances so the early season promise with hard working displays at least full of endeavour are turning into limp, meek, out performing passive performances.

I fully understand that we can't do anything until the transfer window opens but with Pearson's pedigree one would expect us to at least be able to compete, is that not down to the Manager?

I know it's the manner of the shameful defeat today but prior to this did anybody think we would've got any sort of result today?

I like Pearson and want him to succeed but you have to start to question his motivational skills, surely.

Great post.

Clearly Lansdown has made a huge mistake indulging Ashton and LJ for so long . 
Now we have an unbalanced squad of geriatrics and juniors who are being overplayed and are struggling. 
Evidently we need investment in the squad but haven’t got the money to do it without creating problems with FFP so this is where we are.

Hard work is the only answer. If it’s not enough to keep us up then we return to the third division where , hopefully, we can regroup and start afresh like so many other clubs have done, us included.

It is tough supporting the City but if we give up on them why should they bother making the effort ? 
Let’s hope we start getting some results soon so the confidence returns , we do have, despite everything some very talented youngsters who need our backing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rich said:

If I'm not mistaken, people are calling for Pearson to be sacked because this is "his team" and he assembled the squad, even to the point where they're saying Weiman and Baker are his players, they were available and cheaper so re-signed once fitness was proven. Today we played with only "one" of Pearson's players in the team that represented BCFC, that was Tanner. His other players, James, King and Atkinson were unavailable, Simpson is there for cover and possible behind the scenes influence, as is King. So how the hell is this Pearson's team?

We have a gutless collection of overpaid underachievers, left over from the previous two administrations making up the nucleus of this squad, starting from the pussy in goal and right through the team. They've proven to be failures before and are still failing now. I don't think any one of Pearson's signings, even the ones re-signed, could be described as such, as for the majority of them, spineless,  molly cuddled poor footballers that I can't wait to see the back of.

Pussy in goal ? Thought it was only me who thinks he is a tool!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Ryan Lowe would be my choice. 

Has a style of football (much like Russell Martin who is earning plaudits with Swansea). 

Has worked wonders in his short time as a manager, promotions with both Bury and Plymouth on minimal budget, whilst taking Plymouth to 2nd place in League 1. 

Lowe was my choice when we appointed Pearson. The problem is, most of our fans were happy with Pearson as he is much more ‘proven’. There would’ve been a melt down if we’d appointed an up and coming manager after the Holden debacle.

As a club we abandoned our whole philosophy to get Pearson in and it looks like a backwards step.

I must admit, even though I wasn’t keen his appointment, our early season performances had brought me more hope and he was starting to win me over but that early season promise and desire seems to have vanished and we are left with a total lack of any clear direction or leadership and a woeful playing style.

I can’t help but look at the likes of Luton, Coventry and Swansea, their managerial appointments seem to fall in line with the whole structure of the club, they suit a particular style and identity.

We need to figure out what our identity is and appoint the appropriate staff and recruit the right type of players. At the moment, we have placed all our faith in Pearson and for whatever reason, he is falling way short of all our expectations.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Swede said:

This is a great post but I would argue against the ‘revert to type’ element.

We have been spineless all season with James and Atkinson as ever presents (King and Baker have also had plenty of game time), we don’t know how to see out games and that is 100% down to the manager, we sit so deep, it’s like a defence vs attack training exercise! Even Barnsley battered us and were unlucky not to get at least a draw.

Contrast that to the positive mindset instilled at Coventry. They knew they’d beat us, even with 10 men.

• Like 2

I’m going the other way with my thoughts this morning.  Player power= poor attitude and application.  They don’t like it up um, so they want rid.  So we can hire another soft touch.  Well if I was Nigel  I’d walk in Monday morning with SL and tell the players to do one.  Put a few on gardening leave in January.  Bring in some good loans.  These are pro footballers they should know the basics.  Or is this bunch thick as pigs shit?

There's a reason the fans are not behind the players at the minute and that's because they are not seeing players running, working hard, battling, playing with aggression, 
That's the minimum us supporters want to see.

I am not sure what has happened since the first few games of the season. The players seemed to give everything in those early games of the season.

Maybe all is not well behind the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Very impressive article by James Piercy .

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-breaking-coventry-city-6172293

So many nails hit on the head including the fact that the current players (martin included) are not suited to a direct route one approach.   I hope Steve Lansdown reads it.  I believe he has always admired and got on well with Mark Robins and it's a pity he didn't trust that instinct and opt for him several years back rather than appoint a series of other managers who just haven't worked out.

I quite like the slightly maverick personality of Pearson but I have no idea what he is trying to build here and I don't think he does either aside from a stubborn, resolute never say die mentality which clearly he hasn't been able to impart so far.   I also think he needs to focus on his health and the last thing he needs is the stress of a relegation battle. 

Clubs also have a culture and tradition that's built up over the years and City fans generally want to see attractive football with some flair and passion and sadly, that's been lacking for a long time under an assortment of managers.  Dire football and scraping some wins might just about be acceptable (although not to me) but embarrassingly poor football and regular demoralising  losses definitely isn't.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Very impressive article by James Piercy .

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-breaking-coventry-city-6172293

So many nails hit on the head including the fact that the current players (martin included) are not suited to a direct route one approach.   I hope Steve Lansdown reads it.  I believe he has always admired and got on well with Mark Robins and it's a pity he didn't trust that instinct and opt for him several years back rather than appoint a series of other managers who just haven't worked out.

I quite like the slightly maverick personality of Pearson but I have no idea what he is trying to build here and I don't think he does either aside from a stubborn, resolute never say die mentality which clearly he hasn't been able to impart so far.   I also think he needs to focus on his health and the last thing he needs is the stress of a relegation battle. 

Clubs also have a culture and tradition that's built up over the years and City fans generally want to see attractive football with some flair and passion and sadly, that's been lacking for a long time under an assortment of managers.  Dire football and scraping some wins might just about be acceptable (although not to me) but embarrassingly poor football and regular demoralising  losses definitely isn't.

Great article- James Piercy is shaping up to be the best local sports journo in many a year. No click bait just hard facts combined with strong but measured opinions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

Plus he has to come out afterwards & be professional but he seemed rightly really angry.

How we put this right when it seems like different players making mistakes every game, I have no idea.

You could tell by the shocked look on his face that he has never encountered this before in his career. This is the first time he has ever had to call a "collective" rather than the odd individual, which can sometimes happen for various reasons, out for lack of desire and I genuinely think he couldn't get his head round it. And you have hundreds of player apologists on here saying that the poor little petals picking up their £20K per week and who can't even execute a free header from a corner properly need to be given a Churchillian speech pre-game or alternatively the latest psychological motivation lecture on powerpoint in order to be motivated? It is now officially acceptable for players at Bristol City FC to totally lack enthusiasm, self-motivation, focus and concentration - yes, we totally accept your mental weakness and if Curtis cannot sort that out in an hour or so pre-game that's on him.........that is right isn't it?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You like spending other people's money don't you?

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

How many of these 6-monthly sackings would you be prepared to allow before you accept that the players might bear some responsibility?

I do sometimes wonder if Steve Lansdown is just too nice, and that’s what’s transmitted itself down to the players. I know he employs a CEO so he hasn’t got to do the day to day stuff but maybe he now needs to show his face consistently rather than a one off visit to show his face. And he needs to show that he isn’t going to accept players going through the motions and he needs to show the players that he backs his manager not just with money but that he isn’t going to allow the players to keep getting managers sacked and that if they don’t want to be here the mem is nice this time of year 

If he does that and we keep losing then maybe look at making a change but without that we’re just going to be in a continual cycle like we’ve been for the last 20 years where hard work to improve our position routinely gets thrown away and we have to start again 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

How uneccessary. Why not have some intelligence to make a case?

I’ve made my case on many a thread but just for you I’ll do it again. Pearson is in the same place as SOD was after mciiness was sacked.He has to pick up the pieces of yet again repeated mistakes from Lansdown. His footballing decisions have been appalling . Not just lately but for the vast majority of the time he’s owned us. The majority of this squad is very similar to 2012. 
Lansdown appointed mark ashton as a recruitment consultant for mciines who assembled that complete shower of over paid lop sided crap. O’driscoll gets slagged off by many fans who haven’t got a clue the mess the squad & club were in at the time. He brought in Kieth Burt who along with SOD had to clear out the dead work , bring down the spiralling wage bill that Ashton created . He started the rebuild to winning the league by bringing Flint , pack, fielding , jet in. 
we all know as fact that cotts wasn’t a SL appointment & couldn’t wait to sack him. What does he do ? Brings MA back who repeats the cycle again. Low& behold here we are again. So by  all means be lazy & blame the current manager, but instead of being a nodding dog , yes sir no sir three bags full steve. Point the finger at the real problem that keeps making monumental **** ups. 
he said judge me on tinnion , he appointed millen,  mciines , coppell walked because Lansdowns meddling.  
He got GJ right , that’s it.  I will spell it out once again. 
HE APPOINTED MARK ASHTON TWICE. ? it’s his fault , no one else. 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, VT05763 said:

I would phone Ryan Lowe myself and see if he fancied a chance to become a City legend.

As I asked you before but you failed to answer because you’ve no idea. How would he turn this around with the players we have. Come on. A proper reply . The players are not good enough . This is 2012 all over again. We’re down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Great article- James Piercy is shaping up to be the best local sports journo in many a year. No click bait just hard facts combined with strong but measured opinions.

James piercy does a lot in the midlands  & has been a established  , well respected journalist for a number of years.