IGNORED

Most of you wanted it....

Bar BS3

16 hours ago, bris red said:

You can’t blame anyone for wanting Pearson though can you, on paper it is/was the perfect appointment. Isn’t working out for whatever reason but i still stand by wanting him at the time.

You're right it looked like a good appointment yet apparently the board messed up by taking him on, they seem to be the whipping boys despite people on here agreeing with them at the time. Or is it just people on OTIB can't admit they were wrong and look for someone else to blame?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

You're right it looked like a good appointment yet apparently the board messed up by taking him on, they seem to be the whipping boys despite people on here agreeing with them at the time. Or is it just people on OTIB can't admit they were wrong and look for someone else to blame?

I’ll be the first to admitt that i was wrong. The very minimum I expected from a Nigel Pearson team was one that was hard to beat and fully committed - I wasn’t expecting champagne football but i thought we would have grit and passion for the shirt.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

I’ll be the first to admitt that i was wrong. The very minimum I expected from a Nigel Pearson team was one that was hard to beat and fully committed - I wasn’t expecting champagne football but i thought we would have grit and passion for the shirt.

That's what we saw in the first couple of months of the season. Even in some of our defeats you could see what we were trying to do. I'm baffled by the last months performances though

I'm not in the NP out camp yet, but we have to get back to keeping a shape and being more resilient tout suite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

This is exactly it. Fans are free to be hypocritical and shred people who took decisions they agreed with at the time. Many of the “useless” players that are getting slammed now were hailed as good signings at the the time, and some of the unsuccessful managers likewise. 

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

General people psyche is to not want to admit you were wrong.

As I posted earlier:

- I thought we jumped to gun on Holden (especially when Ashton announced he was leaving)

- I though Pearson would be just the appointment we needed

There are aspects Pearson deserves credit for, and he might be the equivalent of SOD, couldn’t get it right on the pitch, but got stuff going behind the scenes that laid the foundations, for Cotts and LJ.

I had hoped that we were more rebuilding from an equivalent of 16/17 than 12/13…it’s all a bit gutting isn’t it.

Happy for my initial thoughts to be wrong, but I’d rather watch and evaluate, rather than come up with stuff like, we will be bottom three by Xmas type stuff.

20 hours ago, michaeloshea20@gmail said:

Every time the club upload a 'Robins Uncut' on YouTube I see fitness exercises, sprinting and 5 aside type matches.  At no point have I ever seen any actual coaching going on, defensive set pieces, defending corners, forwards running into channels etc etc. Just wondering if there is actually any coaching going on?

Maybe they don’t film and publicly show our coaches working on formations/tactics/personnel etc?

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Ok so if we got a different manager in now with the same players do you think you could see where the next win is coming from

I’m not saying the board aren’t to blame for the mess but that doesn’t also mean that the manager is blameless as well. The two things can happen at the same time. Clearly the manager can make a difference to a group of players, otherwise having me or you in charge would make no difference. Clearly that’s not a good idea unless you happen to be Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp.

Weve seen managers like Warnock come in and take completely beleaguered squads to mid table when they were odds on for relegation so it is possible. Long term issues are obviously down to the board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I’m not saying the board aren’t to blame for the mess but that doesn’t also mean that the manager is blameless as well. The two things can happen at the same time. Clearly the manager can make a difference to a group of players, otherwise having me or you in charge would make no difference. Clearly that’s not a good idea unless you happen to be Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp.

Weve seen managers like Warnock come in and take completely beleaguered squads to mid table when they were odds on for relegation so it is possible. Long term issues are obviously down to the board

Agree with everything you say there . The issue is that experienced people in management will see right through the lansdowns and there Amateur way of running the club , for example both hughton and Paul cook had interviews but neither were interested after meeting the owners

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree with everything you say there . The issue is that experienced people in management will see right through the lansdowns and there Amateur way of running the club , for example both hughton and Paul cook had interviews but neither were interested after meeting the owners

It’s a tricky one. SL has been hammered before for being too involved on a day to day basis but then gets in someone to run the football side of things so he can sit back and relax and he’s got bored, taken his eye off the ball, only interested in rugby etc. I don’t know what the answer is but it looks like Steve has tried lots of different things but whatever happens he can’t win. I don’t know what the answer is BTW but there are a lot of league clubs all moaning about similar things so there’s no easy solution 

Edited by Murraysrightplum

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

General people psyche is to not want to admit you were wrong.

As I posted earlier:

- I thought we jumped to gun on Holden (especially when Ashton announced he was leaving)

- I though Pearson would be just the appointment we needed

There are aspects Pearson deserves credit for, and he might be the equivalent of SOD, couldn’t get it right on the pitch, but got stuff going behind the scenes that laid the foundations, for Cotts and LJ.

I had hoped that we were more rebuilding from an equivalent of 16/17 than 12/13…it’s all a bit gutting isn’t it.

Happy for my initial thoughts to be wrong, but I’d rather watch and evaluate, rather than come up with stuff like, we will be bottom three by Xmas type stuff.

I haven't given up on this season yet. Before the last international break most on here we're content. Most of it relates to player availability - if we can get Williams fit, Baker and James back soon then things could pick up again. You only have to look at Villa, without Grealish they have turned into relegation candidates and Smith has been made the scapegoat

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I haven't given up on this season yet. Before the last international break most on here we're content. Most of it relates to player availability - if we can get Williams fit, Baker and James back soon then things could pick up again. You only have to look at Villa, without Grealish they have turned into relegation candidates and Smith has been made the scapegoat

Starting to look like getting Williams fit and keeping him fit is a very big if 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Certainly what I heard with Cook….almost like he was trying to interview as badly as possible once he started to hear what was coming out of their mouths.  Of course it’s all alleged, but the person who told me has very solid contacts.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Certainly what I heard with Cook….almost like he was trying to interview as badly as possible once he started to hear what was coming out of their mouths.  Of course it’s all alleged, but the person who told me has very solid contacts.

Correct , people always assumed cook wasn’t interested because of Ashton but he knew Ashton would be at Ipswich when he was interviewed there.

problems are much higher up

3 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Ok so if we got a different manager in now with the same players do you think you could see where the next win is coming from

The answer is I don't know - nobody knows.

I, like most, thought NP was a good appointment but he has proven to be a big disappointment.

Many blame the squad (not good enough) but other than those brought in by NP they are the same players Dean Holden had and he was sacked when we were 13th. Most of Deans squad were the same players that got Lee Johnson the sack when we were 12th. We currently sit 19th so NP has made the squad worse.

I don't want to be a club that sacks the manager every season but we have slipped into a relegation battle. The confidence of the team is shot and we can't hold onto a lead. Something needs to change or we are destined for league one.

• Like 1