IGNORED

Craig Shakespeare….

TomThumb84

47 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Was only chatting about this the other day. These coaches must get so invested in the roles I don’t get how they can go straight into a new role, especially after being sacked 

You normally get sacked after a bad run, which ultimately must affect the individual 

It why I think someone like Eddie Howe did the right think and took a good year out. He looked broken after his last game in charge for Bournemouth 

Was only chatting about this the other day. These coaches must get so invested in the roles I don’t get how they can go straight into a new role, especially after being sacked 

You normally get sacked after a bad run, which ultimately must affect the individual 

It why I think someone like Eddie Howe did the right think and took a good year out. He looked broken after his last game in charge for Bournemouth 

Obviously a very long, repetitive conversation ?.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

"The final details are being sorted for the ex-Aston Villa boss to replace Daniel Farke, who was sacked by the Canaries last Saturday.

Craig Shakespeare, who worked with Smith at Villa, is expected to be his assistant, and an announcement should be made on Sunday or Monday."

Nope

CS coming here was my last hope to see a return to some decent football. Now we just have to hope that, partly via points deductions, there are 3 cr@pper sides than us.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2021 at 11:13, Andy082005 said:

Thing is though, much as we romanticise about football, it is like any job in some respects.

Managers and coaches are doubtless well made but they will have bills and outgoings and no guarantee they will be working forever.

It must be tough to move on after being sacked but ultimately anyone who doesn’t dust themselves down and start again when an opportunity arises risks being forgotten or football moving on without them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is though, much as we romanticise about football, it is like any job in some respects.

Managers and coaches are doubtless well made but they will have bills and outgoings and no guarantee they will be working forever.

It must be tough to move on after being sacked but ultimately anyone who doesn’t dust themselves down and start again when an opportunity arises risks being forgotten or football moving on without them. 

Think you might be surprised how many professional footballers only see it as a "job" and training for instance is very much work to them.

No more loyalty to their employer than when one of us moves job.