IGNORED

Who killed cock robin

BigAl&Toby

On 08/11/2021 at 19:03, Mr Popodopolous said:

Should ask @BigAl&Toby

Before I do, certainly respect the passion plus get the frustration etc with the last couple of seasons on and off the pitch.

Anyway yeah, what I'd ask is:

*Who- by which I mean profile wise- would you like as new owner or ownership were SL to sell up successfully etc tomorrow?

*You also realise I'm sure that we couldn't then splash the cash with a clean slate etc? Not for another year or 2 anyway I think.

Also for @Kid in the Riot as that poster often talks of new investment/ownership?

Lastly if we cannot splash fairy freely for a year or 2 on current trends, new owners or not what would you like within those obvious constraints to be done differently?

To answer *Who, we need to look at the Newcastle Utd model (Newcastle are notorious for "getting it right"). What we need is investment from a country with a high GDP and poor human rights record. I say we look to Bahrain and/or Israel. There may also be some Saudi money left. As outsiders look for Russian or American money, that is quite dirty too. Luxembourg would be worth a punt if they weren't so bleeding nice.

https://ourworldindata.org/human-rights

image.png.11dac9f030b2b8692c32aaf6b58a198d.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

To answer *Who, we need to look at the Newcastle Utd model (Newcastle are notorious for "getting it right"). What we need is investment from a country with a high GDP and poor human rights record. I say we look to Bahrain and/or Israel. There may also be some Saudi money left. As outsiders look for Russian or American money, that is quite dirty too. Luxembourg would be worth a punt if they weren't so bleeding nice.

https://ourworldindata.org/human-rights

image.png.11dac9f030b2b8692c32aaf6b58a198d.png

All that aside, it wouldn't materially change barring big sales, costs offset or legitimate growth in income the underlying FFP position for another year or 2.

That's what I mean on one level when I say who, artificial inflation of income will be challenged and potentially actioned. Regulation 16.20 confers budgetary powers upon the EFL to set budgets on clubs.

See also the PL vote on a temporary pause on RPTs and the issue maybe explored further.

Kid in the Riot who often bangs the drum on new investment has never really squared this circle. Especially the bit about fresh investment set against the underlying current and near future FFP position.

It's actually possible I'm missing the point here! Wouldn't necessarily want Saudi or similar cash for the reasons you state.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Hmmm 1

I remember putting up those posters in Tuffley, Gloucester. We also went door to door, selling scratchcards. 99.9% of people didn't give a flying ****.

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I remember putting up those posters in Tuffley, Gloucester. We also went door to door, selling scratchcards. 99.9% of people didn't give a flying ****.

And the sponsored walk around the pitch!