IGNORED

Who are these players?

dunsteral

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson definitely played better than Massengo v Cov, but (not really a but) we played a 4141 which suited him.

Id happily see that system again.

Bentley

Kalas | Baker | Atkinson | Pring

Bakinson

Weimann | Williams | Massengo | O’Dowda 

Martin

Something like this ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Bakinson really impressed me in that role against Coventry. With Williams and Massengo in front of him I really like that. 

For me, I don’t think our best side has both Martin and Weimann in it. Like to see Semenyo in at some point but get it is possibly a bit too early for a start. 

I’d rather Scott than O’Dowda but COD did play well last time out. 

All in all, I’d go into tomorrow with some hope of a result with that lineup. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Bakinson really impressed me in that role against Coventry. With Williams and Massengo in front of him I really like that. 

For me, I don’t think our best side has both Martin and Weimann in it. Like to see Semenyo in at some point but get it is possibly a bit too early for a start. 

I think what it gives us is a bit of flexibility.

Ahead of Pre-season with the players we had I thought we’d play a 4231, but over the friendlies the 442 emerged.

If you take the 4141, suddenly you don’t have to burn Martin out, James, Williams or Bakinson could play the 1, etc, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Yes !

It is a worry that we seem unable to fix this issue.

As a Club we are very good at creating problems on the pitch. We are very bad at solving them.

I’m far from convinced personally, despite Nige telling us at every opportunity, that we are a particularly fit side. That must be one of the easier of our problems to fix. 

Interesting that there was no update, unless I missed it, from our fitness coach this international break. 

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

As a Club we are very good at creating problems on the pitch. We are very bad at solving them.

I’m far from convinced personally, despite Nige telling us at every opportunity, that we are a particularly fit side. That must be one of the easier of our problems to fix. 

Interesting that there was no update, unless I missed it, from our fitness coach this international break. 

I think we run more than we need to, because we are poor positionally. Go back to LJ’s halcyon late autumn / early winter in 17/18 - busy bees.  We laughed but they swarmed around in what they made a condensed part of the pitch, so they didn’t need to make lung-busting 30-40 yard runs.

It is something that can be corrected by personnel changes, and improved tactics and / or tactical awareness.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think we run more than we need to, because we are poor positionally. Go back to LJ’s halcyon late autumn / early winter in 17/18 - busy bees.  We laughed but they swarmed around in what they made a condensed part of the pitch, so they didn’t need to make lung-busting 30-40 yard runs.

It is something that can be corrected by personnel changes, and improved tactics and / or tactical awareness.

We run more than we need because we don’t have the ball and when we do we can’t keep it. 

Our passing is poor in general our movement is iffy leading to as you say being poor positionally. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You are spot on but why has it not been corrected ?

Edited by VT05763

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

You are spot on but why has it not been corrected ?

I might not be spot on, it’s only my opinion.

If I could spend a week at HPC and see the staff and players in action, how Nige etc prepares them, etc.,  I might be able to answer you a.

In part I think when we have most of our best group of players on the pitch I think you’ll see some of those problems ironed out.

We are seeing that injuries to key players highlights inadequacy in our squad.  There are some good players, you can carry a couple / few, but a few can’t carry four or five.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson definitely played better than Massengo v Cov, but (not really a but) we played a 4141 which suited him.

Id happily see that system again.

Bentley

Kalas | Baker | Atkinson | Pring

Bakinson

Weimann | Williams | Massengo | O’Dowda 

Martin

Something like this ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Swap Weimann for Martin and put in Semenyo and I would be happy

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I must be missing something with Wells, because a lot of people have him flagged as one of the bad apples and I've genuinely not seen it.

Of course he's on high wages with minimal resale value and might be difficult to move on, but that's a different argument entirely.

Touting to join QPR doesnt help his cause .

• Like 1

I want to love Jay DS. But he is probably one of the most frustrating players in the squad. 

He has quick feet..  I mean quick. It will get him out of trouble most of the time. But it's the very reason he needs them to be. 

Picks the wrong pass in danger areas. Doesn't track back hard enough out of possession. Doesn't put body on the line to cut out crosses. You can see teams target that area of the pitch. 

Is it awareness? I am not sure. He will get you out of your seat and at times is unplayable at this level. Then within 30 secs will undo all that hard work. 

I don't think he applies himself enough to the task he has. Undoubtedly a talent. 

Personally I don't see him as a full back, he is not a midfielder either. He is a puzzle to be worked out... Perhaps for another manager. 

Pure speculation of course. 

Edited by WayOutWest
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

He's come out with the same rhetoric before and picked exactly the same team as previous

Sadly true, if he picks the same again he will lose whatever credibility he has left. The likes of Vyner, DaSilva, COD should not even be on the bench. Picking all 3 of Weimann, Wells & Martin is another mistake repeated over and over. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, YCbrs said:

I’m no expert but I think the criticism towards Bakinson is unfair. He’s still pretty young and is basically our only all round midfielder, I think with some better midfielders around him and the right striker making decent runs occasionally he could look much more accomplished as a deep lying playmaker as he has an eye for an interception too.

Bakinson suffers the same as all our central midfielders because almost all the time, whatever the supposed formation, we end up with 2 in central midfield up against at least 3 from the opps. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sadly true, if he picks the same again he will lose whatever credibility he has left. The likes of Vyner, DaSilva, COD should not even be on the bench. Picking all 3 of Weimann, Wells & Martin is another mistake repeated over and over. 

Wells has only started 5 games out of 17 so that’s hardly a mistake being repeated over & over.

If the 3 you named above weren’t even on the bench, with Tanner, James & King all missing through injury as well we would barely have a full subs bench.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Lots if people complain about a lack of quality, but to me thats a standard average midtable championship side on paper?

The problem for me is that I think we have 14 or 15 very decent Championship quality players but I don’t think it is easy to shape a coherent team out of them.  I don’t think we have a great striker pairing which ever combo we go for and - whilst it might be a combination of Williams, James and Massengo could deliver in midfield - that is very much an untested hypothesis given that they are never all fit at the same time…

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

COD played well for 45 mins and then completely went missing for the whole of the 2nd half, how he was not subbed off was just down to Flemings abysmal game management. Give me Scott any day over COD.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think a lot of players “get by” through age group football on talent / skill or sometimes physicality….and then everything starts to even put as they get into senior football.  Then the brain starts to have a bearing.  Can they take on instruction?  Can they then adapt that instruction to the real-time situation in matches?  Some can’t.  I see some players looking lost on the pitch.

I sometimes wonder if many of our squad can actually read a game as it's progressing. Can they spot a potential weakness in the opposition and exploit it  or are they playing exactly to instructions with no freedom to go off plan at all. I've  noticed to many of them looking at the bench for instructions rather than playing a natural game.  Anyone who's played will know that every attack or defensive move will be different in some respects. Sometimes you have to improvise rather than follow "the plan". Our players either can't or won't.  They are so afraid of making a mistake that they continually take the safe option , and the momentum is lost. I think we are not necessarily a poor side, but we are boring and very predictable to watch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marmite said:

I sometimes wonder if many of our squad can actually read a game as it's progressing. Can they spot a potential weakness in the opposition and exploit it  or are they playing exactly to instructions with no freedom to go off plan at all. I've  noticed to many of them looking at the bench for instructions rather than playing a natural game.  Anyone who's played will know that every attack or defensive move will be different in some respects. Sometimes you have to improvise rather than follow "the plan". Our players either can't or won't.  They are so afraid of making a mistake that they continually take the safe option , and the momentum is lost. I think we are not necessarily a poor side, but we are boring and very predictable to watch.

Earlier this season I thought we mixed it up nicely, but you also have to give credit to opponents for imposing their game and disrupting ours.  This is where you need your leaders to get you through a tough period and regain control.  That hasn’t happened enough lately, nor do I think some players have the mentality to overcome an opponent who has gained the ascendency on them.  They just go further into their shell.  City are not good enough to play with 9 and carry 2.  You can see why Nige brought in the players he did, and why King and James complimented each other well, even if they weren’t massively exciting…they just did the basics very well. And by doing that you gain control.  We are having to play off the cuff at the mo’.

It’s frustrating because I do see mini-spells where I see progress, but one bad pass, one mistake, and you see heads drop.  Got to be stronger!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

COD played well for 45 mins and then completely went missing for the whole of the 2nd half, how he was not subbed off was just down to Flemings abysmal game management. Give me Scott any day over COD.

You could probably say that about everyone for the Coventry match! I am with you though. I’d have Scott in my best XI but trying to mix what I like with what I think is likely to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

You could probably say that about everyone for the Coventry match! I am with you though. I’d have Scott in my best XI but trying to mix what I like with what I think is likely to happen. 

In an ideal world with no injuries, players at steady form, there would be some interesting team selections for a one-off game.

I really like Scott, he has an edge to his game too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In an ideal world with no injuries, players at steady form, there would be some interesting team selections for a one-off game.

I really like Scott, he has an edge to his game too.

Yep. Your first bit is why I always get a bit defensive when people say this is an awful squad. Individually, it isn’t close to a bottom 6 side imo. A lot of talent that can be selected. Maybe as a collective it doesn’t quite work as well but we have been missing a key player or more pretty much all season, especially recently. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep. Your first bit is why I always get a bit defensive when people say this is an awful squad. Individually, it isn’t close to a bottom 6 side imo. A lot of talent that can be selected. Maybe as a collective it doesn’t quite work as well but we have been missing a key player or more pretty much all season, especially recently. 

It’s not an awful squad, it’s not a great one either.  If the squad was all Nige’s, either retained / re-contracted or signed of a similar ability level, my expectation would be a well-drilled collective capable of over-achieving results because of that collective.  If that makes sense.

But it’s a disjointed bunch, even down to the age range of players.  It’s been constructed / destructed badly.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not an awful squad, it’s not a great one either.  If the squad was all Nige’s, either retained / re-contracted or signed of a similar ability level, my expectation would be a well-drilled collective capable of over-achieving results because of that collective.  If that makes sense.

But it’s a disjointed bunch, even down to the age range of players.  It’s been constructed / destructed badly.

Badly constructed is very true. No matter how good your bricks are, without the mortar it will collapse. This is our team at the moment. They are mostly decent players for this level but they do not bond as a team.

• Like 2

“Who are these players” indeed. 
I find it quite sad that, probably for the first time in my near 4 decades as a fan, I don’t think I actually like or respect ANY of our players. 
Don’t know if it’s an age thing or if I’ve just been ground down by this group over the last couple of years, but I actually don’t like any of our players. None of them. 
And worse still, I don’t think a single one of them is capable of being in a team which challenges for promotion from this division. What a horrendously low base to start from. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

13 hours ago, RedRock said:

Personally, think Atkinson has been one of the issues with our defence. Bit of inexperience regarding positioning, slow recovery on occasions. Don’t think he’s as ‘oven-ready’ as it first appeared. Very rarely do Bristol City buy anyone of his age and lack of experience and get them fully functioning as an ever-present in the first team. Far from being one of Nige’s names in terms of shipping out though. 

Would agree with ‘2015’ and ‘Tin’ on the list. Only two that disappoint me is Wells and Dasilva. These are players who, if used correctly, could be assets - Wells leading the line and Dasilva wide midfield (his height was always going to be an issue at fullback- once the opposition had sussed it, which they did early on). I suppose the question is though, given their wages, will they ever deliver value for money.  The rest, well, even though some have undoubted talent, it’s application, desire and heart that’s all too frequently missing. You don’t get away with less than 100% in the Championship. 

Largely agree with your post although the bit about height etc...unsure. Rico Henry and DaSilva are a similar height at least according to a quick search, think Alioski is a similar bracket- quite good LBs in recent promotion sides. Of course he's not been the same post injury and there is definitely a case for playing him higher, he has technical ability- could accentuate some positives while masking some weaknesses. A pre injury DaSilva, well that's a different story of course and I would back him at LB. Especially as he without the injuries likely would have developed more easily and might well be better now.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On the narrow vs wider full backs point, being a bit simplistic probably but round holes and square pegs...

IF you go with say Tanner and one of DaSilva/Pring, they are more orthodox full backs- they should be wider probably, to provide an outlet but they also need support from the wide forward or wide midfielder in front of them.

If though it is Vyner and Baker- they are and especially Baker, centre backs by trade- to condense the space you need them narrower...trade off is that they may not be a great outlet going forward, with the exception of set pieces. However you might get some more stability or numbers at least in the middle- see Wright-Flint-Baker-Magnússon as a comparison.

However to play Tanner and DaSilva/Pring narrow doesn't play to their strengths and forces them into a bit of an unnatural position- same too probably if you went with Vyner-Baker and told them to get high and wide!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Largely agree with your post although the bit about height etc...unsure. Rico Henry and DaSilva are a similar height at least according to a quick search, think Alioski is a similar bracket- quite good LBs in recent promotion sides. Of course he's not been the same post injury and there is definitely a case for playing him higher, he has technical ability- could accentuate some positives while masking some weaknesses. A pre injury DaSilva, well that's a different story of course and I would back him at LB. Especially as he without the injuries likely would have developed more easily and might well be better now.

It’s alright being short if you don’t keep lumping the ball over his head! We don’t play to suit his attributes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I find it quite sad that, probably for the first time in my near 4 decades as a fan, I don’t think I actually like or respect ANY of our players. 
Don’t know if it’s an age thing or if I’ve just been ground down by this group over the last couple of years, but I actually don’t like any of our players. None of them. 
And worse still, I don’t think a single one of them is capable of being in a team which challenges for promotion from this division. What a horrendously low base to start from. 

Whilst I am not quite a down on the players as you are, I do get this sentiment. The one thing that gives me (possibly false) comfort is around 8 of the worst Bristol City team I can remember in the first half of 2013/2014 played a role in the best football I can remember City playing in 2014/2015. We feel a long way from that sort of turnaround right now though.

12 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

It's starting to feel a bit like Lee Johnson's "players I can trust" gambit. Not great.

NP is being a bit cannier than LJ was I believe. He has given the players the opportunity to show that they are pro and want to play.
He has openly stated that due to squad size he may have to play players who he wants out and this gives them the chance to either impress a future club or prove that they can be part of the exciting future at Ashton Gate. 
LJ’s statement excluded and divided the camp.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Can't argue with your sentiments and have had the same thoughts for some time. Possibly a bit harsh on Scott and Massengo but it wouldn't worry me one jot if I never saw the rest of them again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the narrow vs wider full backs point, being a bit simplistic probably but round holes and square pegs...

IF you go with say Tanner and one of DaSilva/Pring, they are more orthodox full backs- they should be wider probably, to provide an outlet but they also need support from the wide forward or wide midfielder in front of them.

If though it is Vyner and Baker- they are and especially Baker, centre backs by trade- to condense the space you need them narrower...trade off is that they may not be a great outlet going forward, with the exception of set pieces. However you might get some more stability or numbers at least in the middle- see Wright-Flint-Baker-Magnússon as a comparison.

However to play Tanner and DaSilva/Pring narrow doesn't play to their strengths and forces them into a bit of an unnatural position- same too probably if you went with Vyner-Baker and told them to get high and wide!

Perversely I thought Baker’s positioning was spot on, not too narrow at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Judging by the current criteria, this rules Vyner out doesn’t it? Or does it not count if it’s one of the accused ?

D4C79A2E-C9AE-46B9-BD56-BA2E6E863EDA.jpeg

If you zoom in you can make out Nige has one of the electric shock buzzers in his palm, and it’s about to pass through both Zak and Saikou! ?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Judging by the current criteria, this rules Vyner out doesn’t it? Or does it not count if it’s one of the accused ?

D4C79A2E-C9AE-46B9-BD56-BA2E6E863EDA.jpeg

I have no idea of course as I don’t ever see them train, but personally would be amazed if Vyner’s attitude is one of those that is in question.

There is a fair debate about whether he’s good enough for Championship football but that’s another issue entirely.

• Like 8

On 19/11/2021 at 13:07, Northern Red said:

I must be missing something with Wells, because a lot of people have him flagged as one of the bad apples and I've genuinely not seen it.

Of course he's on high wages with minimal resale value and might be difficult to move on, but that's a different argument entirely.

Totally agree. Wells was the one doing the talking in the huddle before the Birmingham game, can’t  imagine that would have happened if either NP doesn’t want him here or he’s not interested. 

• Like 3

On 19/11/2021 at 22:57, Harry said:

And to think we had such a likeable team 6 years ago  most of whom are still playing at this level.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 22:57, Harry said:

Hopefully Joe Williams and Alex Scott will give you a spark of hope.

Also you do have to love Benarous lobbing the blokes boot. Petulance at its finest!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I always thought Dasilva was unlikely to be a Pearson type full back. I wondered if he might try Dasilva left wing, which he did in one preseason game but not since has he started there. He came on to play there when seeing out wins but that's more as a wing back/2nd full back as we defend for our lives.

I don't know if him not making the bench means he is one Pearson is talking about. He dropped O'Dowda for a bit and people thought he was one so who knows.

If it is what people are assuming about Dasilva then I don't see why it has to be anything like he doesnt want to play for us etc. It is probably more the style of left back he is that doesnt suit Pearson's way of playing. 

A narrow back 4, or a wing back system. Either way it is a direct game we play and O'Dowda is the only left footer we have who can run up and down the line all game like we saw yesterday. Dasilva would be good there in a Swansea set up 343, where they work balls into positions by passing in triangles all over the pitch. Not so much with us when he would have to constantly be sprinting, making runs, chasing back etc.

As for Palmer, well he was always unlikely to suit a Pearson side. If we manage to offload both players in January then I will be wondering if that could have been an option in the summer, and if so then shouldn't have Pearson have known they weren't his types back then.

A lot of guessing though here. It might even be some players that are not interested in signing new deals that are currently playing are players Pearson wants to get rid of, as well as those that he doesnt feel fits in with how we play.

You can only ‘offload ‘ a contracted player if someone wants them or you buy out their contract. The second option is costly and wasteful. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Hopefully Joe Williams and Alex Scott will give you a spark of hope.

Also you do have to love Benarous lobbing the blokes boot. Petulance at its finest!

I think Williams is a very good player, but I can’t warm to him yet as I’ve only seen him 3 times in the 50 years he’s been here! 
It’s almost like one of those relationship things, where you build up a protective wall to stop you being hurt. I don’t wanna let Williams in yet in case he breaks my heart again ?

As for Scott. I don’t like his hair cut ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Agreed 

Think this is harsh. JD is off form but has been really good for us. And Kasey has had moments and nearly always runs hard.

Let’s not conveniently scapegoat a couple of players suddenly perceived as bad apples for what has been a long term collective underperformance by entire squad. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Think this is harsh. JD is off form but has been really good for us. And Kasey has had moments and nearly always runs hard.

Let’s not conveniently scapegoat a couple of players suddenly perceived as bad apples for what has been a long term collective underperformance by entire squad. 

Out of interest, who do you think are the players that Nige states don't want to be here?

28 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Let’s not conveniently scapegoat a couple of players suddenly perceived as bad apples for what has been a long term collective underperformance by entire 

One is too lightweight and the other goes missing.

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

IF Dasilva is one of the players then hopefully there is a simple solution.

I imagine Russell Martin with his obsessive possession based game would like Jay Dasilva at Swansea.

It seems that Jake Bidwell will be leaving at the end of the season when his contract expires.

I would say Bidwell is much more the Pearson type than Dasilva. So surely something can be done there?

Just hope that Martin does want Dasilva. He is made for the way they play imo so I don't see why Martin would not be keen.

The only flaw in that is that Dasilva isn’t very good in possession so wouldn’t suit a predominately possession heavy team. 
He’s like quite a few of our players, where they feel like they have to ‘push it’ too much, have very little patience to just keep the ball, pass pass pass, probe etc. We have too many players, Dasilva being one, who always feel like they have to produce something when they have the ball. It’s always forced and rushed. 
Just keep the damn thing! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. I mean if a club are interested and we manage to do this in January then I will wonder if that could also have been an option in the summer.

Evolution, not revolution is the order of the day I think.  Having let however many players go as they were OOC, I suspect it was a case of let’s try to keep the rest together and get a tune out of the ones that are left.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I think Williams is a very good player, but I can’t warm to him yet as I’ve only seen him 3 times in the 50 years he’s been here! 
It’s almost like one of those relationship things, where you build up a protective wall to stop you being hurt. I don’t wanna let Williams in yet in case he breaks my heart again ?

As for Scott. I don’t like his hair cut ?

Ok, I’m not sure I saw “haircut / style” on the scouting template I was shown by a a mutual friend!

• Like 1

For me a good solid Left Back is a priority in January and has been for 18 months or so. JD is clearly not on the bus. Cam Pring is ok but think he is better further forward giving COD competition at LWB.

"Someone to stick the ball in the back of the net" would be good but it seems that Wells, Martin and Weimann are on the bus so not really a vacant seat until the summer when Martin and or Wells will hopefully be phased out.

I don't think they're bad apples.  They're just not up to what the manager wants. 

They are massively overpaid for their usefullness IMO.

I don't think they're bad apples.  They're just not up to what the manager wants. 

I think Dasilva is a very good player and has proven that in the past.

However a) his injury may have had an impact and b) it's pretty clear he is not the correct full back for how Pearson wants to play. 

My impression is that - for better or worse - Pearson prefer his full-backs to be defenders first and foremost and any attacking they do is a bonus. That's not Dasilva's game. He's far better suited to a team where the full back is primarily there to overlap and create attacking width with others helping cover the defensive duties in his absence.

I don't think Dasilva deserves any flak for that but, if he's not what the manager wants, it makes sense for everyone to move him on.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Dasilva is a very good player and has proven that in the past.

When? 
I think he’s been distinctly average - even in his loan spell which everyone seems to laud. He was average during that spell too. Just that no one likes to ‘call out’ average when it’s a new player. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

When? 
I think he’s been distinctly average - even in his loan spell which everyone seems to laud. He was average during that spell too. Just that no one likes to ‘call out’ average when it’s a new player. 

No-one wants to pick on one of our own but the elephant in the room is his height, a feature which he can't be blamed for or improve, but which is just too big a disadvantage for a defender. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

Perhaps not how I’d have phrased it, but agree with sentiments.

If you could bring in an equal (or better) player for the less money, it makes sense.

If Jay is indeed stuck on the bus stop and Nige wants to move on, then I guess he is looking bring-forward a LB / LWB signing (left with O’Dowda / Pring).

Wonder if that is where the Guinness-Walker rumours have come from?  Could be two and two make five?

4 hours ago, Harry said:

When? 

If that’s what you’ve seen that’s what you’ve seen. I think he did well on loan and was one of a number of players who were great during that extended winning streak.

He obviously got injured very soon after joining us permanently and hasn’t been the same since but I remember games where we played poorly during LJ’s last season where Dasilva was one of our few bright points. Home to Barnsley in 2020 is one that sticks in the mind.

I don’t agree he was average during his loan spell but am not going to try and prove your opinion wrong.