IGNORED

Winterstoke road

Quedgeley Exile

2 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Electric bike resolves many of those issues and adequate clothing resolves those issues. I work in the community and cycle all day for around 2 hours and it's a breeze. Not for everyone and I don't really care about people driving, but it's not impossible. Would I **** cycle without electric mind. 

I don’t think you can cycle all day for around 2 hours…that would be 24 ?

• Haha 1

On 03/12/2021 at 12:27, Red-Robbo said:

No bus goes past my house - and in fact, no service to Bristol goes through my village at all.

Nonetheless, I've decided to use the bus to get to Saturday games.  The time to get to Bristol is about the same as driving, and I don't have the arse-ache of finding a parking space. Plus I have the righteous glow of being eco-friendly- my Greta Thunberg seal of approval.  :laughcont: 

Seriously, it's mainly the parking that persuaded me to use this mode, but it does have some upsides. I am able to get more pints in now, but the extra walking (I disembark at Temple Meads) means I exercise off most of those beer calories.

I'd encourage everyone who can to take the option of public transport and walking, but I do realise that for many fans, for reasons of age, infirmity and disability, this just isn't practical. The Council should give serious thought to these people. It's discriminatory to deny access and parking to all but the worst-case Blue Badge holders. I'm happy with a 45 minute stroll to the Gate in all weathers. If I was 20 years older, it wouldn't be an option. 

Problem with public transport is... you've got to share it with the public.

Last time I used the bus, some bloke got on next to me with a rotisserie chicken and proceeded to eat it like an apple. Some girl nearer the front then started to talk on the phone loudly about her gynaecology appointment with the Dr. Some wanted the window open...others didn't. I'm sat at the back burning from the engine. Other times Drunks, shouting, fights, just not a nice experience. 

Catch 22

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Last time I used the bus, some bloke got on next to me with a rotisserie chicken and proceeded to eat it like an apple. Some girl nearer the front then started to talk on the phone loudly about her gynaecology appointment with the Dr. Some wanted the window open...others didn't. I'm sat at the back burning from the engine. Other times Drunks, shouting, fights, just not a nice experience. 

Catch 22

I used public transport regularly until I got I joined up with  some local guys and we now car share and park in Midas  - however I’m seriously considering going back to public transport next season. 

There’s a bus stop just opposite me and it’s dead easy to walk to AG disembarking at Bower Ashton and walking thru the underpass.

Sure you get some undesirable types but most are City fans and it’s only 20 min bus ride in and back  and I’m back home by 5:30pm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I used public transport regularly until I got I joined up with  some local guys and we now car share and park in Midas  - however I’m seriously considering going back to public transport next season. 

There’s a bus stop just opposite me and it’s dead easy to walk to AG disembarking at Bower Ashton and walking thru the underpass.

Sure you get some undesirable types but most are City fans and it’s only 20 min bus ride in and back  and I’m back home by 5:30pm

Can I ask if you pay for your bus journey? If you get a free bus pass and are able bodied enough to be able to use it and walk then it’s a no brainier perhaps.

If you have to pay it is expensive adding about a fiver for two 20 minutes journeys isn’t great value. I would rather put that money into my car and use it for multiple journeys.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can I ask if you pay for your bus journey? If you get a free bus pass and are able bodied enough to be able to use it and walk then it’s a no brainier perhaps.

If you have to pay it is expensive adding about a fiver for two 20 minutes journeys isn’t great value. I would rather put that money into my car and use it for multiple journeys.

I reached bus pass age in February this year but have only used it once so far this season. If I drop out of the car share I’ll definitely use it next season. i used it last week to wander around the Xmas market and will use agin in the week when meeting up with my lad for a few beers.

The car park fee between us works out at around £3:50 per game so a free bus returns really is a no brainier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Catch 22

Hey, I've used London night buses frequently. All human life is there - and occasionally some creatures who aren't necessarily Homo Sapiens!!  :laughcont:

I'm sort of rediscovering buses in my dotage. Most journeys are just standard. I chat to my mate. You occasionally are forced to overhear loud Spanish or Polish conversations from the seat in front, but, hey, at least we don't have to take in the details of whatever Juanita or Mila is talking to her mates about!

My funniest journey back from AG was when a small gang of 15-year-old chavs started giving me and my mate the evils when the bus was halted outside Temple Cloud Chinese take away. One rotund hero with impressive moobs was mouthing the "you and me" challenge to me.

I'm 57! (But I reckon he'd still have shat it had I left the bus!!)  :laughcont:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hey, I've used London night buses frequently. All human life is there - and occasionally some creatures who aren't necessarily Homo Sapiens!!  :laughcont:

I'm sort of rediscovering buses in my dotage. Most journeys are just standard. I chat to my mate. You occasionally are forced to overhear loud Spanish or Polish conversations from the seat in front, but, hey, at least we don't have to take in the details of whatever Juanita or Mila is talking to her mates about!

My funniest journey back from AG was when a small gang of 15-year-old chavs started giving me and my mate the evils when the bus was halted outside Temple Cloud Chinese take away. One rotund hero with impressive moobs was mouthing the "you and me" challenge to me.

I'm 57! (But I reckon he'd still have shat it had I left the bus!!)  :laughcont:

Must be the same chavs when I go there to get my Chinese meal a couple of village idiots as well the only thing they stared at was my impressive city tattoo ??

• Flames 1