IGNORED

I’m sorry but….

BCFC1512

The real problem is the whole defence has to stop letting in 2 goals a game. 3 games in a week, 2 goals conceded per game, had we not scored 3 against cardiff that would be another win thrown away. Expecting the strikers to score 3 goals a game is crazy. As a team this has to be sorted out to give us any chance of mid table safety.

Pring's been a breath of fresh air since breaking through. He's a real prospect but raw. He's made a number of needless errors but far more crucial interventions. Now whether he pushes on and learns from those errors we'll hopefully have found out by the end of this season, which to all intents is written off.

Next year Nige won't be so forgiving if he continues to make silly mistakes and misjudgements, which is a good thing. He's been blooded, given a fair outing this season and I reckon he'll have taken great strides by the start of next.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Watch his defending for the goal then you’ll see. 

I have and I’m just as angry at Kalas. experienced international CB and he’s in no man’s land. They should be communicating there.

Anyway shouldn’t have got to that point, Pring is chopped down from behind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

This  (as folk always used to post)

Plus, as I always say, one player doesn't lose points. Chances missed, possession surrendered elsewhere, gaps not covered, and (of course) the earlier goal all put us to where we were in the 95th minute. 

The lad will be disappointed with himself, but so will others as well. 

Exactly. They win, draw and lose as a team. 

• Thanks 1

What a joke of an opening post. If this had been posted by Hampshire Red everyone would’ve slagged him right off and call for him to be banned. 
Just because Mark is a regular on a podcast and on the radio, doesn’t excuse this thread. It’s ridiculous. 
Pring has been superb this season and was superb in this match. And to even make that effort going forward in the 94th minute was fantastic to see. 
Maybe he could’ve gone to the corner, but it was a 2 on 1 attack. There aren’t many players in the world who would’ve gone to the corner in that situation. 
For what it’s worth, I thought the lone defender did well. He stayed in a good position. It was clear Cam was going to want to find the pass to Semenyo and the defender made sure this option was constantly blocked. I’m glad Cam was trying to be so positive. 
There are plenty of other things to point out as to why we didn’t win that game. Pring being a positive attacking threat in the 94th minute is not one of them. 
Joke of a thread! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Pring has made a great start- then the versatility too, LB, LWB, LCB and LM at times. A very good first full season at this level.

Thought he was fouled in any case, having it watched it back several times- hindsight is 20/20 but say he had booted it out of play for a throw in or goal kick? Could that have brought us just a little bit of time to get back into possession and stop Preston equalising? I know take it to the corner but had he deliberately taken a shot that went out...ah well he'll learn from it, the team will learn from it.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

What a joke of an opening post. If this had been posted by Hampshire Red everyone would’ve slagged him right off and call for him to be banned. 
Just because Mark is a regular on a podcast and on the radio, doesn’t excuse this thread. It’s ridiculous. 
Pring has been superb this season and was superb in this match. And to even make that effort going forward in the 94th minute was fantastic to see. 
Maybe he could’ve gone to the corner, but it was a 2 on 1 attack. There aren’t many players in the world who would’ve gone to the corner in that situation. 
For what it’s worth, I thought the lone defender did well. He stayed in a good position. It was clear Cam was going to want to find the pass to Semenyo and the defender made sure this option was constantly blocked. I’m glad Cam was trying to be so positive. 
There are plenty of other things to point out as to why we didn’t win that game. Pring being a positive attacking threat in the 94th minute is not one of them. 
Joke of a thread! 

Agree entirely Harry.

Saw all these calls for the options Cam had so thought be had completely mucked up by trying to beat a man in a dangerous area. Highlights only showed the Preston attacking phase from out wide. Then someone posted a clip from a Preston fan showing the whole play from when we robbed the ball and Cam set off. I'll bet the City fans were more than willing him on as he broke away with Semenyo on hand as well. Probably not many shouting for him to go to the corner or whack it into row Z. If he had he would have been chastised.

Although the loss of the ball ultimately led to the equaliser as he broke the the rest of the team should have been automatically taking up their positions to keep a decent shape particularly as Cam was out of position. Plenty of other slack play went on notwithstanding the space created, by pulling away from his marker, by the goal scorer.

• Like 3

There’s no way Pring can take the blame for that goal. He showed impressive energy and determination to win the ball and  drive forwards. It looks like he was fouled to me. 

We had every other player apart from Semenyo behind the ball when that counter attack broke down on the edge of their penalty area. Williams (I think) seemed slow in getting across to cover the space vacated by Pring. He reacted at first but then lost ground. Then when the cross went in Kalas and Vyner both switched off to give their player space for what was a good finish. But he was unchallenged. 

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry Cameron, but your non-shot, non-pass, non-run to the corner in the 95th minute that led to Preston's equaliser will give me nightmares.

His let’s trip a player to give away a free kick knowing full well we can’t defend against balls in the box midweek against Luton was far worse in my eyes 

Ok so pring made a mistake today but I think more the issue with him is when he beats a man or two he doesn’t release the ball quickly enough and ends up giving it away. That is more likely to be an issue long term than the 95th minute one where he should have just chipped it into the corner. If he can release it quicker and run on for a 1-2 etc then he’ll be a really good player at this level next season. 

• Like 1

I really don't think Pring can be blamed for this. The other 8 outfield players should have been well positioned to deal with any counter. I don't really want to blame individuals but could Williams have got closer to the crosser. Cundy could have filled the left back spot better too. And as others have mentioned, Vyner should have been tighter, although it was a great finish so I don't think he should take the blame either.  I'll take the overall positive performance over the disappointing ending in this occasion.

6 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Did not realise it was a foul at the time but by zooming in and watching it, appears the defender comes through from the back of him, think any decent ref gives that

Watching it live (on robins tv) I thought it was a foul, couldn’t believe it wasn’t given.

He possibly should have done better, but if you’re shielding the ball with no one in front of you, you don’t expect to get taken out like that and no foul given 

15 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

Disappointing for Cameron, but not as disappointing as the 5K+ Sunderland fans at Bolton today. They deserve better than Johnson.

They must be devastated about being 2 points off off the top of the league, despite yesterday's debacle. 

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Ok so pring made a mistake today but I think more the issue with him is when he beats a man or two he doesn’t release the ball quickly enough and ends up giving it away. That is more likely to be an issue long term than the 95th minute one where he should have just chipped it into the corner. If he can release it quicker and run on for a 1-2 etc then he’ll be a really good player at this level next season. 

Hopefully the progress we seem to be seeing with coaching overall helps with this as well, but agree, he comes forward with such pace and purpose that he panics the defence, that draws lots of opponents towards him, but he’s prone to hanging on slightly too long, so those 2 or 3 crowd him out, rather than release a team mate into all the space he’s created. Has the core attributes to be very, very good. 

Brilliant, brilliant player. Remember watching him in pre season against Bournemouth (then Premier league) 3 or 4 years ago and thinking he must be really close. 

Glad a City manager has finally believed in him and he’s taken his opportunity with both hands. Let’s not forget he’s also playing Centre Back!!

Was out yesterday so missed the game, so hard to comment on rest of game.
Heard some comments on Pring’s mistake and was expecting some real howler. But he ran the length of the pitch in the last minute of the game taking the ball away from our goal, and looked a foul when they possession back. 
There were other players on the pitch who could of closed their players down. If it wasn’t a last minute the scorer would never tried a worldly of a volley. 
We are looking at it in hindsight, but in real time we just wanted the ball away from our goal. 
He’s been a revaluation this season as with the other young / stepping up players. I don’t blame him and hope that this don’t affect his confidence going forward in the game. 
I was a bit of doubter (being impatient as I expected good  things with him) albiet never wanted Nige to go. But I can honestly say I can see what he is building and from his early comments joining us in he wants 11 HNM, you can see it’s starting to look promising for the future in these young players coming through. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

I’d rather we had our young players make these mistakes this season when we haven’t got a hope of promotion and then come back next season a bit more experienced and streetwise to be honest. Not ideal but inevitable when we rely so much on youth!

Totally agree - but an interesting point is when do players stop becoming ‘young’? What is ‘young’ in footballing terms? Pring is 24 years old - most players are just about halfway through their football careers at that age - I really don’t know the answer, I guess it’s easier to talk in terms of ‘inexperienced’ vs ‘experienced’ and look at number of appearances made at a certain level ... who knows?!

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I noticed he’s made runs & not released it soon enough a couple of times, definitely something to work on but hopefully it’ll come. 

As for the whole game, yes he made the mistake there but it’s so wholly unfair to try and blame the result on him, yes a bad decision but he’s almost the other end of the pitch when he looses it, there’s more than half of the team between the goal and the ball when it’s lost, defensively we were shocking for that goal and then yes a brilliant strike that probably 9/10 doesn’t go in. 

It’s easy to blame pring because I suppose if he makes a different choice the result is maybe different (though we’ll never know) but plenty happens or should’ve happened in the time after as well, as others have said no one player is responsible for the number of points we get, they win and loose (and draw) as a team.