IGNORED

One Point Closer To The Objective…

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

…a nice safe finish.  As someone said to me this week, we’ve not been in the bottom 6 all season, we are 13 points clear of Peterborough (0-0 at home v Sheff Utd at h-t) at the mo.  We aren’t really looking over our shoulder (imho).

Our performances are improving, the development of Antoine, Han-Noah, Alex and Cam is phenomenal really.  Two of them having to play in the cauldron of a Championship midfield, another playing all over the pitch, but now being asked to play in a position where one mistake costs you, the other scoring, assisting for fun since his injury return.

We are working on sorting the finances too.  We aren’t risking that with panic buys in January.

I’m as content as one can be after giving up 2 points with 95th minute equaliser.  The juggernaut has been turned around, but it takes time to accelerate.

It hasn’t half been turned around Dave. It feels incredible to actually be excited about our next game!

Enjoying football again. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

…a nice safe finish.  As someone said to me this week, we’ve not been in the bottom 6 all season, we are 13 points clear of Peterborough (0-0 at home v Sheff Utd at h-t) at the mo.  We aren’t really looking over our shoulder (imho).

Our performances are improving, the development of Antoine, Han-Noah, Alex and Cam is phenomenal really.  Two of them having to play in the cauldron of a Championship midfield, another playing all over the pitch, but now being asked to play in a position where one mistake costs you, the other scoring, assisting for fun since his injury return.

We are working on sorting the finances too.  We aren’t risking that with panic buys in January.

I’m as content as one can be after giving up 2 points with 95th minute equaliser.  The juggernaut has been turned around, but it takes time to accelerate.

Gonna print this and stick it on my wall.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sums it up well Dave?

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree 100%. Play the youngsters as much as possible this season. Scott, HNM and Semenyo past couple games have all been outstanding. Save our money for the summer when it’s easier to do signings. 

• Like 1

100x this. That’s what this season is about  

Another match where our inexperienced players are learning. They will learn far more from a season like this than anything on the training pitches. Results like this are annoying but if Pring does that again I’ll be very surprised. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It hasn’t half been turned around Dave. It feels incredible to actually be excited about our next game!

Enjoying football again. 

I’m really pleased for my boy. Since his first game in 2018 we’ve been incredibly boring and he’d never really seen a truly exciting match. But he’s seen loads of thrilling stuff elsewhere on the telly (Euros especially). He absolutely loves football, but he hasn’t truly caught the City bug yet and I can’t say I blame him.

However, he hasn’t stopped talking about the Millwall second half (our most recent match) and he’s really looking forward to going again next month!

If that boring era had gone on much longer we’d have probably lost him for good. Being entertaining is as important as winning if we’re going to secure the next generation of fans. Both would be even better!

• Like 5
  • Robin 4

Like I've said a couple of times, this time last year we were being embarrassed by other teams. That's changed.

I've said throughout the season that we've never been in any real danger of relegation, and the team now seem to be vindicating that conviction.

For 3 or 4 games now I've seen stuff like "best 45 of the season", "enjoying watching this" and similar.

Klose seems a good signing as well.

Despite the result I'm pleased...and I reckon we beat Blackpool as well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 5

Well said.

Might "only" be a point a far as the table is concerned, but performances like that are much better progress towards our ultimate objective than a scrappy 1-0 win we steal in the last minute.

There's progress in the table, and progress on the pitch. They aren't always exactly representative of each other, and I've seen a lot of the latter this last month.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Well said.

Might "only" be a point a far as the table is concerned, but performances like that are much better progress towards our ultimate objective than a scrappy 1-0 win we steal in the last minute.

There's progress in the table, and progress on the pitch. They aren't always exactly representative of each other, and I've seen a lot of the latter this last month.

In the end the points haul will always catch up with or limited by the performances. We found this out last season.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m really pleased for my boy. Since his first game in 2018 we’ve been incredibly boring and he’d never really seen a truly exciting match. But he’s seen loads of thrilling stuff elsewhere on the telly (Euros especially). He absolutely loves football, but he hasn’t truly caught the City bug yet and I can’t say I blame him.

However, he hasn’t stopped talking about the Millwall second half (our most recent match) and he’s really looking forward to going again next month!

If that boring era had gone on much longer we’d have probably lost him for good. Being entertaining is as important as winning if we’re going to secure the next generation of fans. Both would be even better!

How old mate? Mine still not particularly interested at 5. 

At the start of this season I thought a mid table finish to be a decent sign of progress under Nige given the shambles he inherited and with 17 games to go that’s looking that’s looking likely.Bear in mind that as yet Nige hasn’t been able to field his strongest 11.

As other have said, City are looking much stronger despite injuries, youngsters coming thru and coping with the rigours of the Championship 

I’m feeling pretty upbeat about the rest of the season

35 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Agree 100%. Play the youngsters as much as possible this season. Scott, HNM and Semenyo past couple games have all been outstanding. Save our money for the summer when it’s easier to do signings. 

And recruit youngsters too, good youngsters.  By all means the odd Matty James, Timm Klose, but need to keep wage bill down and youngsters allow that.

Note: 14 points clear.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It is always a positive to see youngsters coming through, and in many ways the spine of the team is now players who’ve come through our system. The experience these lads will get playing week in week out is priceless , yes they’ll make mistakes but let’s stick with them. Look at them at the final whistle today and Tuesday and tell me they don’t care. Add in the experience of Kalas and Martin helping them through - Martin is also teaching them the dark arts and I ❤️It

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

In a way this weeks results maybe keeps a lid on realistic final league placement. Won both and people would have been saying 6 points off the play offs 

Anywhere above 14th this season would be excellent. 

I think the relegation scrap is down to the bottom five with Derby and Barnsley already gone 

So do I. Cardiff really do need to beat Forest tomorrow to have any chance of getting out of the fight down there. A nine point gap between 20th and 19th is huge for this stage of the season.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

In a way this weeks results maybe keeps a lid on realistic final league placement. Won both and people would have been saying 6 points off the play offs 

Anywhere above 14th this season would be excellent. 

I think the relegation scrap is down to the bottom five with Derby and Barnsley already gone 

Don’t rule out Derby yet - they win tomorrow and they bring Cardiff right into it in terms of catching them as I think Forest will win at Cardiff no problemo. Obviously rule them out if they lose tomorrow and Cardiff win!

I’d say Barnsley and Peterborough are doomed. It’s one from the other three for me. Don’t forget that if you take out Derby and Reading points deduction, Peterborough would be miles adrift so I wouldn’t consider them in the mix to survive. 

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

11 now. First match when he was 7, nearly 8. He wasn’t really interested until then - I had to be patient. Russia 2018 gave him the football bug.

Personally I think someone people are so desperate to take their kids (understandably) that they take them too soon. Better to wait until they really want to be there, are old enough to genuinely enjoy it and last 45 minutes without needing the loo. Just my view!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So do I. Cardiff really do need to beat Forest tomorrow to have any chance of getting out of the fight down there. A nine point gap between 20th and 19th is huge for this stage of the season.

19 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t rule out Derby yet - they win tomorrow and they bring Cardiff right into it in terms of catching them as I think Forest will win at Cardiff no problemo. Obviously rule them out if they lose tomorrow and Cardiff win!

I’d say Barnsley and Peterborough are doomed. It’s one from the other three for me. Don’t forget that if you take out Derby and Reading points deduction, Peterborough would be miles adrift so I wouldn’t consider them in the mix to survive. 

Cardiff's next two in the league after tomorrow are Barnsley away and Posh at home. If they aren't getting at least 3 points out of those then you have to think they're right in it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

11 now. First match when he was 7, nearly 8. He wasn’t really interested until then - I had to be patient. Russia 2018 gave him the football bug.

Personally I think someone people are so desperate to take their kids (understandably) that they take them too soon. Better to wait until they really want to be there, are old enough to genuinely enjoy it and last 45 minutes without needing the loo. Just my view!

Took my 5 yr old to Millwall game for his first. 
Told him not to expect hattricks and (sitting in dolman old block b), the serious piss taking of away fans next time! ?

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My three - at least one of whom is on here - @AberRed - were all taken along when they were 5-ish. None of them have ever lived in Bristol and their interest has waxed and waned over the years but today they are all in their 20's/30's and they are all City fans. I don't think they were given any choice!

If you move away from Bristol there is a certain credibility attached to not supporting United, or Liverpool. My only tip for taking youngsters along is bring plenty of sweets!

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Agree with that.

Think Derby need to know what sort of side they will have after the window closes & if they even exist, but they are far better than those 2, plus Reading are in absolute free fall with Cardiff (who look like they’re spending they can’t afford) in a desperate attempt not to be in the bottom 3.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with that.

Think Derby need to know what sort of side they will have after the window closes & if they even exist, but they are far better than those 2, plus Reading are in absolute free fall with Cardiff (who look like they’re spending they can’t afford) in a desperate attempt not to be in the bottom 3.

Reading look like they don’t have any fight for the battle….they look a bit like us last season, in freefall.

• Like 1