IGNORED

Steve Lansdown - What he is doing for Bristol

TheCerneAbbasGiant

1 hour ago, TheCerneAbbasGiant said:

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Bristol Sport Gala Dinner last night. It was great to see and hear Antoine speak so well again, a great player and gent in the making. Curtis Fleming talked about the amazing facilities City have. 

To hear how the mens and ladies rugby, ladies football and mens basketball was great too. Pat Lam, a great motivator.

The speeches and insight on what Bristol Sport are doing in the community was inspirational. No matter what people think of SL and JL regarding City, they have and are doing something unique and amazing in Bristol. 

Take the time fellow reds to read what they are doing. In my eyes SL is a legend. We are all lucky to have him.

PS - My name isn’t John…. honest

Seriously, I don't think his motives should be questioned, even if the results (in terms of football performance) leave much to be desired.

Yes, he's probably aiming to make Bristol Sport, and its facilities, an added value project. But a man of that wealth didn't need to spend his money on this and doesn't really need to make an profit. nor will he, unless he sells. He just needs to recruit better people - and perhaps he already has.

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

You’re not the only one!

Me too! Might be worth editing the title of the post? 

I don’t think anyone can question the money, effort and vision that SL has had. What we criticise is some of his woeful decision making over the years and blinkered nepotism. 

All things considered though we are very fortunate to have him and his family when you look at other clubs. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, One Team said:

Me too! Might be worth editing the title of the post? 

I don’t think anyone can question the money, effort and vision that SL has had. What we criticise is some of his woeful decision making over the years and blinkered nepotism. 

All things considered though we are very fortunate to have him and his family when you look at other clubs. 

How do I change it?

2 hours ago, TheCerneAbbasGiant said:

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Bristol Sport Gala Dinner last night. It was great to see and hear Antoine speak so well again, a great player and gent in the making. Curtis Fleming talked about the amazing facilities City have. 

To hear how the mens and ladies rugby, ladies football and mens basketball was great too. Pat Lam, a great motivator.

The speeches and insight on what Bristol Sport are doing in the community was inspirational. No matter what people think of SL and JL regarding City, they have and are doing something unique and amazing in Bristol. 

Take the time fellow reds to read what they are doing. In my eyes SL is a legend. We are all lucky to have him.

PS - My name isn’t John…. honest

Some of the stuff they do does go under the radar somewhat I feel. Mate of mine’s lad loves the Down’s Syndrome football they do, for example. I know it’s easy to moan when we lose or whatever but our club really is at the heart of our community. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Some of the stuff they do does go under the radar somewhat I feel. Mate of mine’s lad loves the Down’s Syndrome football they do, for example. I know it’s easy to moan when we lose or whatever but our club really is at the heart of our community. 

Credit where it's due - the community outreach stuff is impressive. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Spot on, the food parcels to the poorer parts of South Bristol during the pandemic as well.

Plus of course the vaccination centre stuff, I know those in power like to knock themselves out over what Rovers Community Trust does, but over in South Bristol a hell of a lot of good is being done.

• Like 1