IGNORED

Handball

joe jordans teeth

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

To be an offence, handball has always had to be deliberate surely, until they started mucking about with the rules relatively recently. All the stuff about the hand being in an unnatural position was just to help decide whether there was any intent.

I’m all for handball being restricted to deliberate cheating, not just accidental contacts.

Then it’s just the ref’s honest opinion whether the player deliberately cheated or not.

At the moment it still appears goals will be ruled out for accidental handball if the contact puts the ball into the net. So, I presume, if a defender lashes a clearance at an attacker, it will be a goal if it hits the attacker’s chest and goes in, but not if it hits his elbow. That would also be nonsense.

If the lad had instead of passing it and scored himself it would of been disallowed so it would of been classed as deliberate,what is the bloody difference between a goal and one pass,it’s all nonsense now mate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Under the law its correct though.

And the law is better than one penalising any accidental contact of the ball with the arm - the sort of thing that would lead to ludicrous penalties where a ball hits a defenders elbow from behind. You can’t have it both ways - either you need intent or you don’t. My view is that the law was created to prevent cheating, which makes intent crucial.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Under the law its correct though.

It may well be - but its just another example of people messing about with the game 

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Was it deliberate in your view?

I don’t think 99% of the handballs I’ve seen given are ‘deliberate’ 

Its either a handball or it’s not - if that goes in from the lob then the goal is disallowed so the rule is ridiculous 

• Like 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

If the lad had instead of passing it and scored himself it would of been disallowed so it would of been classed as deliberate,what is the bloody difference between a goal and one pass,it’s all nonsense now mate 

No, it would have been disallowed without intent - which is different. See my other post - I prefer a law that prevents cheating, not accidental advantages.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Disallowed is disallowed in my eyes 

You haven’t commented on what the law is designed to prevent - cheating or accidents. What if your defender is hit on the elbow by a ball from behind? You’re happy to concede a penalty? If not, why not? What’s the difference? Use some logic.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What’s happening to the game,it’s a clear handball ,sorry @Son of Fred you are right if you are not watching then you would be confused 

Wow, you must have assumed everyone is watching the Man Utd game tonight when starting this thread - no mention of any team or game in question until @Maltshoveller added a reply down the thread - the initial replies gave nothing away - it must be a cosy club where everyone ‘in the know’ realises you are posting about Man Utd whilst non members are non plussed ... ????

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow, you must have assumed everyone is watching the Man Utd game tonight when starting this thread - no mention of any team or game in question until @Maltshoveller added a reply down the thread - the initial replies gave nothing away - it must be a cosy club where everyone ‘in the know’ realises you are posting about Man Utd whilst non members are non plussed ... ????

good point,it’s obviously just me who wouldn’t give a reaction if I didn’t know what a thread was about,if you want to in the cosy club I suggest stop being offended on somebody’s behalf

Edited by joe jordans teeth

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

good point,it’s obviously just me who wouldn’t give a reaction if I didn’t know what a thread was about,if you want to in the cosy club I suggest stop being offended on somebody’s behalf

I would never, ever be offended on somebody’s behalf, I have never done that, I hate that and I would never entertain it - happy Friday ???

• Like 1

To be fair if his arm/hand isn't there in that position, chances are he doesn't get the ball, let alone score.

Makes a change for the "little" club to get a decision, but it's a clear handball all day long, regardless of what some technical rule change has been changed.

If that's against us tomorrow, then there is a 20 page thread on here complaining about how var should be introduced, and how Pearsons rant at the referee is going to get him in more bother, as well as a touchline ban.

Edited by Taz
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

To be fair if his arm/hand isn't there in that position, chances are he doesn't get the ball, let alone score.

Makes a change for the "little" club to get a decision, but it's a clear handball all day long, regardless of what some technical rule change has been changed.

If that's against us tomorrow, then there is a 20 page thread on here complaining about how var should be introduced, and how Pearsons rant at the referee is going to get him in more bother, as well as a touchline ban.

And don’t forget Mark Ashton was behind the rule change