IGNORED

Handball

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So they say,but it’s not right,clear hand changes the direction of the ball and they score,at least it hasn’t happened against city yet 

Yes it definitely a weird rule don't have a problem with it tbh as long as its accidental. Too many last season were getting ruled out.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

And there was me thinking that after Man Utd were given their 44th pen since 2019

refs and VAR always favored the "BIG" clubs

******* hell, I know that Fernandes is a massive diver but that must be even more than Liverpool?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

VAR check for a possible penalty after the final whistle.

Which raises the question…….Has anyone ever scored a goal after the final whistle?

Yeah. Bruno Fernandes penalty against Brighton. Ref blew for full time but var checked a handball I think it was. 

Edited by The Batman
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s madness,the ball is clearly heading in a different direction before his hand hits it,if them the rules now then it’s shocking 

To be an offence, handball has always had to be deliberate surely, until they started mucking about with the rules relatively recently. All the stuff about the hand being in an unnatural position was just to help decide whether there was any intent.

I’m all for handball being restricted to deliberate cheating, not just accidental contacts.

Then it’s just the ref’s honest opinion whether the player deliberately cheated or not.

At the moment it still appears goals will be ruled out for accidental handball if the contact puts the ball into the net. So, I presume, if a defender lashes a clearance at an attacker, it will be a goal if it hits the attacker’s chest and goes in, but not if it hits his elbow. That would also be nonsense.

• Haha 1