IGNORED

Ref today

BCFC Rich

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Honestly a terrible performance. We've seen some bad refs this season, but they've tended to be just incompetent and given bad decisions each way. He gave an insane number of free kicks their way, some were beyond baffling. The pen is super soft, Martin booked for a 'foul' when he would have been clean through. He was also constantly slow with the whistle and indecisive - him and the linesmen reversed at least two decisions. 5 yellow cards for us 1 for them. 20 fouls 'conceded' by us - 5 for them. 

One of the most unbalanced performances I can remember seeing - thank God we won. Honestly think we win that super comfortably (possibly even with a clean sheet) with a competent refereeing performance. 

Agree with your general comments about the ref but just to be pedantic.... City had four yellows (Kalas 31, Dasilva 66, Martin 82 & Williams 90+5) and Martin's yellow was for kicking the ball away. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

The penalty was laughable . Ince ran into klose & fell over . It’s the same shit refs every season 

Nah, thought it was a penalty in real time. Confirmed on the replay for me.

Klose stuck his arse out. If he didn’t have such a big arse it would have been fine.

Soft penalty, but a penalty all the same - that’s given an ‘obstruction’ seems to not exist as an infringement in the penalty box in any game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

49 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I cannot believe that by now Referrees are aware of the diving that goes on?

There centre was a great hulk and just threw himself to the floor.

Its a dive, not a foul. I would love to see them watch games back and honestly critique their performance 

That was the other thing, there were some shirt pulls, kicks off the ball, body checks and other infringements that WERE fouls but not given.

Unfortunately, he had seemed to form the opinion that every time a player's body touched a blade of grass that WAS a foul. 

• Like 2

I don't think Langford comes close to the worst we've had. We may not like the penalty awarded against Klose but he doesn't have the benefit of slow motion playbacks and its the sort that gets given 9 out of 10 times. I also don't have a major problem with the bookings. It could have been a lot worse as he didn't give Reading a second pen, or Kalas a second booking as he could of easily done. Pring was also a lucky boy as he left a high foot in on Yiadom first half. We won the game so let's let it go. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RedRock said:

Nah, thought it was a penalty in real time. Confirmed on the replay for me.

Klose stuck his arse out. If he didn’t have such a big arse it would have been fine.

Soft penalty, but a penalty all the same - that’s given an ‘obstruction’ seems to not exist as an infringement in the penalty box in any game.

It was a really odd incident. Klose turned away, perhaps because he thought Ince would go left. Ince looks for a penalty like a fox looks for a rabbit. Very soft. But possibly more of a foul than most given by the ref last night. Mind you, that’s not saying much. 

8 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't think Langford comes close to the worst we've had. We may not like the penalty awarded against Klose but he doesn't have the benefit of slow motion playbacks and its the sort that gets given 9 out of 10 times. I also don't have a major problem with the bookings. It could have been a lot worse as he didn't give Reading a second pen, or Kalas a second booking as he could of easily done. Pring was also a lucky boy as he left a high foot in on Yiadom first half. We won the game so let's let it go. 

The fact you've highlighted several things that he got wrong at the end probably supports the fact he was a crap ref ?

I also remember the crowd actually laughing when he gave us a free kick when Martin threw himself to the floor and yelled at the same time! Summed up how terrible the ref was

He just added to the feeling that the FL have something against us when it comes to officials. Do we complain too much or not enough? The odd decision here and there is understandable, but when you compare the penalties we have conceded to the ones we have had turned down ourselves in recent matches, it looks vindictive.

It comes to something when Keith Stroud looks like the best referee we have had this season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Pathetic footballers are tarts nowadays .

It genuinely impacts my ability to watch football - it grates on me how pathetic so many players are; give it the big un when they score or do something they are pleased with, yet whine and moan and throw themselves about at the slightest physical contact.

It is boring to watch when the biggest talking points often orbit around whether a challenge was fair/worthy of a foul, which is impossible to tell because most players ‘sell’ even minor contact like they’ve been knifed in the gut.

Other than City games, I don’t really watch football for general enjoyment anymore, in particular because of that.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Loïs said:

The fact you've highlighted several things that he got wrong at the end probably supports the fact he was a crap ref ?

I also remember the crowd actually laughing when he gave us a free kick when Martin threw himself to the floor and yelled at the same time! Summed up how terrible the ref was

9 minutes ago, Loïs said:

Was just about to post the same!

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Referee started off well playing the advantage rule a couple of times but then got steadily worse and worse to Davies esque proportions 

I thought he was poor from the first whistle, I put in the match day thread that it wouldn't be a very good game after about 5 mins. It was stop start from minute 1. Slightest touch and he was blowing his whistle and stopping the game.

It was a puzzling performance thought he had a decent game when he reffed the Stoke home game and gave us a few decisions in that one, including a let off for Scott when he went over the ball with a bad tackle, Klose got away with a similar one last night. It was almost like someone had briefed him prematch that he was a bit of a homer last time he was at AG so he needed to give the away side more of the 50/50 decisions and some!

The pen whilst soft you could argue Klose made no effort to play the ball at all and contact although from his butt was made and you give the ref a decision to make. The second one I thought was definitely no pen on the replay Ince clearly just uses his own body to create the contact/downward movment so maybe we need to cut the ref some slack with that one.

The standard of refs does seem to have fallen of a cliff in recent times though, I do wonder if its beacuse they themselves are getting over analysed after every game by the powers that be (they can get binned or demoted leagues at the drop of a hat) and this is knocking their confidence to ref how they want to ref...

Why is it that crap refs are always in the oppositions favour. When will we get an awful ref that gives everything to us ? Or would he not be a crap ref then ? On a side note, I think Keith Stroud is very much improved recently, and is one of the refs I enjoy watching, even if he is a bit OTT in his gestures.

Edited by The Horse With No Name
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, supercidered said:

He's always been a proper bell sniff. I've never liked him and nothing to do with his dad. Just one of those players that has annoyed me and got my back up over the years. Never a penalty. 

An amusing aside, though, his mother was a highly paid 'agent' when he was with Derby.

I bet they could do with the money they paid 'her' now.

3 hours ago, samo II said:

It genuinely impacts my ability to watch football - it grates on me how pathetic so many players are; give it the big un when they score or do something they are pleased with, yet whine and moan and throw themselves about at the slightest physical contact.

It is boring to watch when the biggest talking points often orbit around whether a challenge was fair/worthy of a foul, which is impossible to tell because most players ‘sell’ even minor contact like they’ve been knifed in the gut.

Other than City games, I don’t really watch football for general enjoyment anymore, in particular because of that.

I think now players tend to 'fall over' early in the  game to test the reaction of the Ref. If they get away with it then they will persist througout the game until it is one time too many and they are either warned informally or a card is produced

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For those who are interested. 

Penalty (in the League) count for and against us this season.

1-7.

Or with a bit more recency bias from Huddersfield home to now, 0-4.

But of course “it all evens itself out”.

What a myth that is, easy to think of 4 stonewall penalties we haven’t been given.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

On a side note, I think Keith Stroud is very much improved recently, and is one of the refs I enjoy watching, even if he is a bit OTT in his gestures.

I saw him at R***rs a couple of weeks ago and he's getting more flamboyant in his gestures these days. Not sure he's much improved although he's working from a low base admittedly.

2 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I saw him at R***rs a couple of weeks ago and he's getting more flamboyant in his gestures these days. Not sure he's much improved although he's working from a low base admittedly.

That's an element of his game he needs to work on if he's to reach this level:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4