IGNORED

Ref today

BCFC Rich

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

But of course “it all evens itself out”.

What a myth that is, easy to think of 4 stonewall penalties we haven’t been given.

Long been a believer in evening out but maybe not! We had creativity issues earlier in the season but 1 penalty in a shade over 15 months is some going!

QPR definitely was one, quite possibly Nottingham Forest at home too. Got one but could there have been a 2nd at Coventry?

Must be due a few bad calls in our favour over the next 15 months!

16 hours ago, Northern Red said:

An utter clown, to add to the list of utter clowns that we've been subjected to recently.

Back to the old days of fall over for a foul. At one point he told the Reading player to move a free kick back and pointed to the spot. The player moves about 1 metre and took the kick and the ref played on.

Zero authority and zero respect from the players. Disgrace for this level

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I've seen that somewhere before. Really dodgy as well if I remember correctly? Mind you this is Derby we are talking about so it's hardly a surprise.

Really dodgy?

Really?

In fact, I may have confused the details, and she might have been employed as an agent.

Whatever, I forget the amounts involved, but she was paid a phenomenal monthly salary and produced absolutely nothing!

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Really dodgy?

Really?

In fact, I may have confused the details, and she might have been employed as an agent.

Whatever, I forget the amounts involved, but she was paid a phenomenal monthly salary and produced absolutely nothing!

Sorry, when you have typed, Really dodgy with a question mark. Are you questioning if I thought it was dodgy or did you mean an exclamation mark? I'm not being a bellend by asking, I just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Edited by supercidered
spelling

I really felt Langford contributed to making the game a poor spectacle.

As said above simple respect from the players was non existent - free kicks taken from the wrong place, allowing the Reading forwards to stand in front of Max and not being booked to name two.

His awarding of free kicks for gentle knocks was appalling (this was supposed to have been reversed this season allowing more physical contact), and also as mentioned before the time he took to blow his whistle when giving free kicks was baffling.

All in all - a 3/10 performance at best!  It would really be interesting to know how the EFL referee assessor saw his performance!  Perhaps a clue will be which games he is asked to ref in the coming weeks - hopefully League 1 or 2!

Thank goodness we won - everyone would me much more frustrated had we not!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Sorry, when you have typed, Really dodgy with a question mark. Are you questioning if I thought it was dodgy or did you mean an exclamation mark? I'm not being a bellend by asking, I just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

I think we are certainly on the ‘same page’.

My ‘Really dodgy?’ comment was, in effect, saying it was indeed ‘dodgy’, and then some.

Typical, if you like, of the Mel Morris regime, and I am just surprised more was not made of it at the time.

It is no wonder many on here and elsewhere are now suggesting Derby are finally getting their just desserts. 

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think we are certainly on the ‘same page’.

My ‘Really dodgy?’ comment was, in effect, saying it was indeed ‘dodgy’, and then some.

Typical, if you like, of the Mel Morris regime, and I am just surprised more was not made of it at the time.

It is no wonder many on here and elsewhere are now suggesting Derby are finally getting their just desserts. 

Yup. Definitely on the same page here. I'd imagine there are many other stories about that regime that will never see the light of day.

It is on another thread but I also hope they are going to get more of what they deserve. Unfortunately, I think they will get out of the relegation places and stay up.

7 hours ago, samo II said:

It genuinely impacts my ability to watch football - it grates on me how pathetic so many players are; give it the big un when they score or do something they are pleased with, yet whine and moan and throw themselves about at the slightest physical contact.

It is boring to watch when the biggest talking points often orbit around whether a challenge was fair/worthy of a foul, which is impossible to tell because most players ‘sell’ even minor contact like they’ve been knifed in the gut.

Other than City games, I don’t really watch football for general enjoyment anymore, in particular because of that.

Very true worst thing is when you get asshole refs like Antony Davies and that pratt last night .

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For those who are interested. 

Penalty (in the League) count for and against us this season.

1-7.

Or with a bit more recency bias from Huddersfield home to now, 0-4.

Coventry away the only one?

What’s the average penalties tally for a side in one season?

Just now, Lew-T said:

To be fair I don’t remember us having many penalties last year either.

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't think Langford comes close to the worst we've had. We may not like the penalty awarded against Klose but he doesn't have the benefit of slow motion playbacks and its the sort that gets given 9 out of 10 times. I also don't have a major problem with the bookings. It could have been a lot worse as he didn't give Reading a second pen, or Kalas a second booking as he could of easily done. Pring was also a lucky boy as he left a high foot in on Yiadom first half. We won the game so let's let it go. 

Pring’s challenge looked a red all day long. It was high, I think he got the Reading player near the stomach. He was very lucky to get away with it.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights back. 
How dramatic Was Tom Ince at contact with Klose on the referee has not seen that as a dive is a joke, I agree that there was some that  Klose blocked him but come get the Oscar out. 
If Samenyo had done that he would waved play on and shown him a yellow card. 
Things can only get better we have Kieth Stroud at the Swansea ?

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep.

Unsure- more than one surely but also remember that last season and 2019/20- for good chunks of that season and parts of this, we had significant issues with creativity!

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

To be fair I don’t remember us having many penalties last year either.

2 in the League last season I think.

• Thanks 1

Not as many as in recent years in general this season so far, but here are a couple of tables, stats to play around with.

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/48/stats/season/15540/teams/penalty_conceded_team/championship

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/ForPenalty?comp_id=690

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Pring’s challenge looked a red all day long. It was high, I think he got the Reading player near the stomach. He was very lucky to get away with it.

Must admit I winced at that challenge,there was another a bit earlier by Klose which looked two footed. He'd rather ignore controversy and give free kicks for nothing (glad he did on this occasion obviously)

9 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Back to League One today - MK Dons v Ipswich!

6 yellows but only awarded 16 free kicks between the two teams!

Lets hope he stays down there!

Maybe MK & Ipswich didn’t spend the whole game diving, like Reading did?