IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

5 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I’d love to know how that works please!?

Browsers themselves have exploits in them, as do the extensions you use. Malicious websites will check and exploit them to run code on your system, which can steal info or just background download something unauthorised and then run it without you ever knowing.

Each time you visit a site your browser is downloading and storing a load of data from it. It's usually just a matter of including something malicious, and then getting it to execute it. Easier said than done of course

If you're really interested the main technique is called a "drive by download", or if you google "exploit kit" you'll find some old examples. I think the amnesty international website was hacked to include one a few years ago for example which infected thousands. Here are a couple of examples if you want them: https://www.cve.org/CVERecord?id=CVE-2005-4560 https://www.rapid7.com/db/modules/exploit/windows/browser/ms12_037_ie_colspan/

They are unusual but they do exist.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly that. You can't just go throwing people in the side like it's a game of Football Manager. Pearson knows exactly what kind of player Vyner is and that has to be dealt with at the end of the season.

That whole Football manager comment is such a poor addition to your statement, it's just trying to add weight to your opinion which isn't needed as it's a valid opinion to begin with. No, it's not football manager, but Pearson brought Cundy on the other day which would suggest he's of the opinion he can play at this level. Has he played a lot? No, but how will he ever play if he's not put in the team? How will he ever make his place without a chance? The fact is Vyner has been responsible for yet another goal today and it's certainly not the first time he's been a factor in conceding this season. Pearson may know his players but I feel his desire to play Vyner is to raise his confidence because Vyner has the technical ability but lacks confidence, the issue is that his confidence isn't going up and he's still making mistakes. I would much rather have a young, hungry player like Cundy on the pitch than a center back lacking confidence and who is making silly mistakes on a regular occasion?

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

The fact you are asking that means you know it’s possible 

I should have reworded, I am wrong then yes it is technically possible. Just like it’s technically possible someone can rob your house with a paper clip.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
1 minute ago, Spike said:

That whole Football manager comment is such a poor addition to your statement, it's just trying to add weight to your opinion which isn't needed as it's a valid opinion to begin with. No, it's not football manager, but Pearson brought Cundy on the other day which would suggest he's of the opinion he can play at this level. Has he played a lot? No, but how will he ever play if he's not put in the team? How will he ever make his place without a chance? The fact is Vyner has been responsible for yet another goal today and it's certainly not the first time he's been a factor in conceding this season. Pearson may know his players but I feel his desire to play Vyner is to raise his confidence because Vyner has the technical ability but lacks confidence, the issue is that his confidence isn't going up and he's still making mistakes. I would much rather have a young, hungry player like Cundy on the pitch than a center back lacking confidence and who is making silly mistakes on a regular occasion?

Spot on