IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Vyner doesn't step out and it's not a clear sight on goal. 

There’s stepping out and there’s running past man and ball. Striker probably couldn’t believe his luck. 

May have been Scott who lost it, but Vyner just has to stand firm there and make even half a tackle and we get time to get numbers back. 

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm sorry but Nigel Pearson is not the manager we need at this moment, I have no idea who is but it's time we admitted his appointment has been a mistake (and you can moan at me all you like).

I’d still stick with him. We need to see this season out (we’re not going down)

Then he needs the chance to remove some more deadwood and try and bring something in. I can’t see us keeping all 3 of Semenyo, Scott and Massengo. We’re going to need the funds to reinvest in the defence unfortunately 

Just now, petehinton said:

I would absolutely love to know what they work on in training defensively to consistently concede so many horrific goals.  I’d also love to know what was said at HT. What a shambles 

It’s not the training it’s the lack of concentration. We defended from the front 1st Half didn’t keep that going second half.

• Like 4
Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Erm no

We were shit 2nd half

That was easy for Swansea

Some turn around to lose from a relatively dominant position for the umpteenth game. 

You're a typical modern day footy fan.

Club isn't going down this season, nor is it going up. NP inherited a poor side, with financial restrictions. We are where we are because we aren't very good. This time last year we could barely even get a shot on goal most matches.

If we go down the route of sacking a manager every year again we'll be in League 1 by 2024, you're short sighted in my opinion.

• Like 11
  • Robin 1

I am p*ssed off with bad refereeing decisions costing us games every week. Patterson should have been sent off and us given a penalty. Semenyo gets booked for a silly push then thier guy Ntcham gets away with a nasty tackle on Scott also another Swan should have been booked for a foul on Bents Keith Stroud seems to hate us   

• Like 9
Just now, bemmyredjeff said:

This is the most unprofessional squad of players i've seen in 56 years of watching City.

Utterly shambolic !

Rubbish. That was last season's squad. This season's squad work hard but lack talent in the main, Zac Vyner being the prime example - he can't concentrate for toffee but you can never accuse him of lacking motivation. He's just crap at this level and we don't have anything either fit or ready to replace him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, 2015 said:

You're a typical modern day footy fan.

Club isn't going down this season, nor is it going up. NP inherited a poor side, with financial restrictions. We are where we are because we aren't very good. This time last year we could barely even get a shot on goal most matches.

If we go down the route of sacking a manager every year again we'll be in League 1 by 2024, you're short sighted in my opinion.

Absolutely, sacking the manager every 6 months has worked really well for Watford…..

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well you can only manage and coach so much. But if the players are constantly giving away piss poor goals and until we can change some of the playing staff this will continue to happen. Really poor defensively 

Assuming Moore, Simpson, Vyner and one of our keepers goes then those are the positions we need to recruit for.

Though there will be the usual fans insisting a striker is the priority.

• Like 2
Just now, Major Isewater said:

Not completely. Bad defending doesn’t help. 
Great first half . 
Never got going in the second.

Maybe we just tired. 

Either way , very disappointing.

We desperately need a right back.

Vyner is, sadly , either not good enough or being played out of position. 

We almost never get to make the subs we want. Bentley for O'Leary removing a desired option today.