IGNORED

Duncan Idehen

Fordy62

I think the lad deserves his own thread, first time on the bench today. Many congratulations. 

Now, if someone who knows a little about him could contribute then that’d be brilliant!

I’ll look forward to many years of his incorrectly spelt surname. 

Edit: seems he joined in January on a 6 month deal from Birmingham. My academy hard on has just disappeared somewhat. Centre back. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the lad deserves his own thread, first time on the bench today. Many congratulations. 

Now, if someone who knows a little about him could contribute then that’d be brilliant!

Edit: seems he joined in January on a 6 month deal from Birmingham. My academy hard on has just disappeared somewhat. Centre back. 

Very low key, have heard nothing about him.

Seems a strange one. From what I can find, Grimsby transfer listed him and didn’t see him as part of their plans, released him and four months later he is on the bench in the Championship.

Either Grimsby made a colossal error or there must have been financial or other reasons they felt they could not use him. Hope he does well for us!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Seems a strange one. From what I can find, Grimsby transfer listed him and didn’t see him as part of their plans, released him and four months later he is on the bench in the Championship.

Either Grimsby made a colossal error or there must have been financial or other reasons they felt they could not use him. Hope he does well for us!

Grimsby did drop into the National League at the end of last season. 

Was at Grimsby last season, played some competitive games for 1st team, but they couldn’t offer him a deal as they reduced budgets for life in the National League.  Slight irony that Grimsby then went out and loaned left footed CB Ryley Towler from City!

Started at Norwich, then Grimsby before what looks like a trial or non-contract with Brum.

he impressed both me and @bcfc01and @Shuffleagainst Cardiff u23s.  Very composed but can be physical when required.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/janneh-joins-shrewsbury-town-on-loan/

Elsewhere, City have also brought in 19-year-old Duncan Idehen on a six-month contract. 

The central defender arrives as a free agent, having previously progressed through the player pathway at Grimsby Town prior to his departure from the Mariners in October.

Nice way to announce that news hidden in another article ?

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’ve got a hard on for the academy players? 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was at Grimsby last season, played some competitive games for 1st team, but they couldn’t offer him a deal as they reduced budgets for life in the National League.  Slight irony that Grimsby then went out and loaned left footed CB Ryley Towler from City!

Started at Norwich, then Grimsby before what looks like a trial or non-contract with Brum.

he impressed both me and @bcfc01and @Shuffleagainst Cardiff u23s.  Very composed but can be physical when required.

Seems to have played a few games for Birmingham’s U23s but not followed it up with a deal.

The fact that he’s on the bench today suggests he is at least being considered for a longer deal.

Edited by GrahamC

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Idehen played really well in the last U23s game (broadcast on RobinsTV).

I suppose he's got his chance from that performance and how he's done in training.

and according to NP in his pre match conference said he had played well in U23s and hasnt been fazed at all on his call up to the 1st team subs bench today. If he does well in training this week, I expect he'll be on the bench again or maybe even play.

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seems to have played a few games for Birmingham’s U23s but not followed it up with a deal.

The fact that he’s on the bench today suggests he is at least being considered for a longer deal.

In one of those games for Brum was sent off after 10 minutes for a second yellow, maybe that affected his chance of a deal?