IGNORED

Taylor Moore?

Robbored

Just now, Simon bristol said:

And if we could he seems to be in the same situation as bakinson,, bombed out regardless of what our situation is.

Think he is, my understanding is that Pearson told him pre season he didn’t think he was good enough & needed to go elsewhere, which to be fair to him, he has.

Not sure his loan has gone that well though, fair few Hearts fans don’t rate him at all.

Moore is a strange one, because he has the potential to be an ok defender at this level. Will never be great, but there are far worse than him around.

The fact that he is now playing under his third manager/coach here and none of them have seen him as the answer to the problem at either centre or right back, surely speaks volumes.

Credit to him for taking a cut in his wages to prove that he was good enough, but when you're behind Vyner in the pecking order, it doesn't bode well for you.

Another one that wouldn't surprise me if we saw him going to Suffolk in the summer.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Real shame he hasn’t delivered on his potential, thought he looked quality in his first couple appearances for City. Not sure where he’ll end up now, bottom end of league one?

For me he falls into the category with a few others…. Does he really want it?

Bakinson, O’Dowda and Moore fit that category for me. May come across harsh but it seems there’s no life in them, get up and go…

Outside looking in they just seem happy to poodle along. Not something Nige will want.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 6

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As we know he’s on loan at Hearts and currently third behind the Old Firm in the SPL.

Anyone know the details of the loan agreement? 

Given our defensive frailties is it worth recalling him if possible?

On the basis that he was recently trying to find work in Edinburgh for his partner, it is pretty clear we won't see him in a City shirt again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Taz said:

Moore is a strange one, because he has the potential to be an ok defender at this level. Will never be great, but there are far worse than him around.

The fact that he is now playing under his third manager/coach here and none of them have seen him as the answer to the problem at either centre or right back, surely speaks volumes.

Credit to him for taking a cut in his wages to prove that he was good enough, but when you're behind Vyner in the pecking order, it doesn't bode well for you.

Another one that wouldn't surprise me if we saw him going to Suffolk in the summer.

I agree, he looked good in that season when LJ suddenly sent him out on loan. But for whatever reason his career hasn’t taken off and I can’t envisage seeing him play for City again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As we know he’s on loan at Hearts and currently third behind the Old Firm in the SPL.

Anyone know the details of the loan agreement? 

Given our defensive frailties is it worth recalling him if possible?

You can find the details of the loan agreement on the Heart of Midlothian Offical Site ?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/taylor-moore-signs-on-loan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

For me TM is similar to several young players listed on this thread, finds it hard to cope with fans getting on his back which in turn loses confidence and becomes more mistake prone as over thinking / worrying about situations.

In this digital social media age, it must be near impossible to avoid the negativity, even more so once you become the scapegoat and others jump on the bandwagon to ramp up the volume of faceless insults. Things have changed massively for players, from a few boo's only on match day to now 24/7 digital criticism.

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Moore is a gifted player who can’t concentrate for 90 minutes. He’s guaranteed to make one (on a good day) faux pas and on a bad day make several 

And decision making is the biggest difference in players levels they play. I think he’s 24 now . He’ll end up in league 1-2 . He’ll have a decent career because most of us would of loved to play at that level. Zak is similar imo . The first goal Sunday sums  that up . 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

1st October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Moore. 

2nd October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Vyner. 

A glowing endorsement of Holden’s management. What a legacy. ?‍♂️ 

Agreed. Only place Taylor Moore should be going is somewhere other than back here.