IGNORED

Taylor Moore?

Robbored

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yes Derek McIness is a subject I leave alone. Suffice to say from my perspective he couldn’t pick his nose let alone a footballer. 

However the money spent by LJ/MA on dross far outweighs anything the the current or McIness regimes could possibly dream of having access to!

As far as the current regime is concerned Atkinson and Tanner are injured, King and James are almost always in the treatment room and Baker is 50/50 finished. I’m not prepared to get too critical of the current management over injuries. The obvious one is Simpson…who cost nothing except a wage.  It’s not really any comparison with LJ/MA! 

You do know mark Ashton was recruitment consultant when mciines was in charge ? 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

1st October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Moore. 

2nd October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Vyner. 

A glowing endorsement of Holden’s management. What a legacy. ?‍♂️ 

Ah, but what you're forgetting is that by renewing Vyner's contract, it allows the media team to create 10 posts on the Twitter feed about "one of our own" and a snazzy video. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Sounds like he may want to hang fire on finding work for his partner in Edinburgh at the moment unless it's short term.

Suppose it depends whether he thinks his future is in the Scottish Premier, even if not with Hearts?

One thing you can certainly say about him is that he’s prepared to go on loan, he has had 5 since joining us & gone to clubs in different parts of England as well as Scotland.

My hunch is we will settle up his contract this summer (reckoning on getting a fee for him seems wildly optimistic to me), so maybe he’ll end up at a Dundee or St. Johnstone type club?

12 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

I saw Taylor Moore early on in his city career playing like Bobby Moore at Fulham in a cup tie, and he looked great until he trod on the ball and gave away a penalty.

Always a mistake in him, but still think he is a better player then Vyner who seems to have several mistakes in him

Both seem to have issues with confidence in my opinion. They both seem like nice guys, so would be great to see them flourish - I am just not convinced either are good enough to persevere with. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Both seem to have issues with confidence in my opinion. They both seem like nice guys, so would be great to see them flourish - I am just not convinced either are good enough to persevere with. 

With Moore I’m pretty confident that conversation has already taken place.

Think NP saw Vyner as a useful, versatile squad player for this season & he started it at RB, but he moved on to Tanner there pretty quickly.

Despite the outcry on here, his games at CB have been inconsistent, with some good, some poor, but it looks likely he’s at the last chance saloon at best now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

I saw Taylor Moore early on in his city career playing like Bobby Moore at Fulham in a cup tie, and he looked great until he trod on the ball and gave away a penalty.

Always a mistake in him, but still think he is a better player then Vyner who seems to have several mistakes in him

I think with both it's mainly a confidence thing - with a need to be cajoled/boosted & played in their preferred position..not something that Nigel would be too sensitive with!

If we were to persevere with one of them I'd rather it was Moore - if only he could find some edge!..

In all likelihood when 'opportunity knocks for Nigel both will be upgraded.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

My guess he will be offered to Heats to sign  or will come back to us. If no one comes in with an offer and he is still under contract to us. Nigel should play him at center half in all pre season games. If he is still not a fan he will be sent out on loan again. I hope he comes back and you can all eat humble pie.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2022 at 10:02, Robbored said:

As we know he’s on loan at Hearts and currently third behind the Old Firm in the SPL.

Anyone know the details of the loan agreement? 

Given our defensive frailties is it worth recalling him if possible?

He had a really promising start the 19/20 season under LJ and i think many of us myself included thought he was really going to kick on from there..

Sadly that wasn’t the case and he just stagnated and gradually got worse, mistakes crept into his game and his confidence was shot.

38 minutes ago, bris red said:

He had a really promising start the 19/20 season under LJ and i think many of us myself included thought he was really going to kick on from there..

Sadly that wasn’t the case and he just stagnated and gradually got worse, mistakes crept into his game and his confidence was shot.

Of the two of them (Vyner and Moore), I think Moore is the better CB option.  But I think he will leave this summer.  If we have been getting £7.5k p.w from Hearts that’s a very useful £350k income for us.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

More like £25k p.w!!!

Categorically…no!

Likely to be a small fee up to £250k, and strong possibility we might have to pay some of his wages for his final year too.  His book value is about £80k….so anything less than that is a FFP loss!  I reckon he’s on £10k p.w. ???

Ouch! That's crazy especially the wage side of things.. What a lose.