IGNORED

Englands fixtures in the Nations league

Never to the dark side

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Yes- results aside, quite the most awful footy coverage I’ve ever seen. Can’t think of a single aspect that is better than dire.

The ONLY bonus is that the games are free to air so available to everyone 

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

One game to go before the WC and it’s a dead rubber but against Germany. A game England realy can’t afford to lose.

If we can't raise our game against the Germans at Wembley we have big problems

The atmosphere will be bubbling at the start with the new National Anthem too

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

The ONLY bonus is that the games are free to air so available to everyone 

If we can't raise our game against the Germans at Wembley we have big problems

The atmosphere will be bubbling at the start with the new National Anthem too

Fair point about free coverage. And to be fair, Le Saux’s an ok contributor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Southgate post match thinks

The  ‘ performance was close ‘

‘ We used the ball well ‘

’ Just lacked that final bit of quality ‘

Jesus wept - utter bulls***

He morphs into a LJ clone day by day 

The embarassing thing is UK media will be in full swing during the next 2 months hyping up our chances. He has been hugely protected by our media

We have zero chance with him in charge

Total Dog S$%T, looked like us last season. Slow deliberate build-up with no attacking intent, no penetration, and absolutely lazy at times. Foden looked the most attacking-minded, and Dier got forward quite a bit. Otherwise, there was no work ethic, no press, and kane was nowhere (Tammy would be way more mobile). Time to blow it up now before we're embarrassed in the world cup. NP for England manager.. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Feels like like the right time at the wrong time unfortunately, if Germany beat us on Monday then the FA have a decision to make especially with Pochettino and Tuchel available

Won’t happen - Southgate is an FA puppet. They’d never appoint anyone remotely controversial.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And Iran beat Uruguay tonight !

Hows the heat Gareth

I see Queiroz is back in charge there...he can organise a side, with some counter attacking play too.

Throw in the conditions ie heat and the relative distance it could be a bit like a home game for Iran...quite a challenge potentially.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I see Queiroz is back in charge there...he can organise a side, with some counter attacking play too.

Throw in the conditions ie heat and the relative distance it could be a bit like a home game for Iran...quite a challenge potentially.

I wouldn't even fancy us beating Wales based on recent performances.

• Like 1

So flat & against a poor Italian side who know how to nick a goal, defend & kill the game. Unbelievable that they are European Champions.

Really dreadful but what do we expect. 

Dier's an average midfield player playing in the centre of the defence. ( why? Because he's no good as a midfield player)

Walker's a right back playing as a central defender and Maguire's been dropped at club level but deemed good enough for International level.

That back three looked so uncomfortable.

Sako looked so uncomfortable as a wing back.

Kane isolated.

Sterling and Pope still finding their feet at new clubs also.

The best player was a 19 year old and that speaks volumes.

The mind boggles.

Southgate just can't inspire this squad.

• Thanks 1

Italy were a much different side for 2-3 years under Mancini tbh @Swede they generally went at sides, and generally dominated most opposition, nick a goal and win is fairly misleading for then, albeit more accurate for now.

Tonight was poor yes, although we don't win over there often to say the least. We have sharply declined last 6 months however.

Think 4-3-3 and handbreak off would suit us quite well are we just s bit risk averse atm? Bit flat certainly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Limey said:

Total Dog S$%T, looked like us last season. Slow deliberate build-up with no attacking intent, no penetration, and absolutely lazy at times. Foden looked the most attacking-minded, and Dier got forward quite a bit. Otherwise, there was no work ethic, no press, and kane was nowhere (Tammy would be way more mobile). Time to blow it up now before we're embarrassed in the world cup. NP for England manager.. ?

Hard to disagree with any of that, sat in the duke tonight watching and thought we are one of the favourites in the world cup, how has a team that nearly won the Euros recently and got to a semi-final of the world cup in 2018 sunk so low, tonight was bloo*y embarassing.

Edited by pillred
Spelling

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Southgate post match thinks

The  ‘ performance was close ‘

‘ We used the ball well ‘

’ Just lacked that final bit of quality ‘

Jesus wept - utter bulls***

He morphs into a LJ clone day by day 

A little bit of honesty from him  wouldn't have gone amiss?  To say we used the ball well, and we just lacked a BIT of quality, is completely delusional.  He should have admitted that playing Saka as a wing back was a poorly conceived idea, and that he should be picking players in their right positions, and players in form.  Not experimenting with new formations with only one game left before the World Cup?  I'll be supporting Ghana anyhow....Ha!      

34 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

A international manager with 2 relegations on his cv. That for me says it all. 2 relegations from 2 jobs

He was a crap league manager who should never had been near the England job, his extreme luck has finally ran out, I find it impossible to understand how he could start Maguire last night, Webster anyone?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We could lose heavily to Germany on Monday and it will make little difference.  It’s too late to make a change now for the sake of it. Granted we have been poor of late but as Southgate has a good tournament record he will obviously be given this WC. 

Personally I have never been his biggest fan but you have to recognise he has done a good job. However for all the good, tactically in the WC semi & Euro final he was found wanting. He hasn’t learnt or evolved from that either and it now looks as though this side needs a fresh face to take us in a different direction, which I think will happen regardless of what happens at the WC.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, harrys said:

He was a crap league manager who should never had been near the England job, his extreme luck has finally ran out, I find it impossible to understand how he could start Maguire last night, Webster anyone?

I am really surprised Webster hasn’t had a look in. Not saying that through City tinted glasses but I think his style & ability would be very suited to international football. I think the issue at CB goes way deeper than Maguire though & Southgate’s over the top loyalty appears part of the reason why this side is stagnating.

Do I think Maguire should be playing? No, but his involvement is easier to argue given his strong tournament displays for England. Personally I find the inclusions of Dier & Coady pointless.

We know all about Dier. He’s not up to the level so why go back? Why not have a look at someone different? He’s simply not going to be part of a future England defence. Same with Coady, he’s been in and around the squad for a while, has never broken in to hold a regular starting place, likely never will & couldn’t get in at Wolves but because he’s good around the squad he’s included? Surely that’s just stopping others getting a chance. Seems so odd. The likes of Guehi, Tomori, White & of course Webster should be getting a look in.

Edited by Taylor10
  • Thanks 1