IGNORED

The famous Jimmy Mann goal

Alan Dicks

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I can still see it from my angle in the East End! That’s all I need! 

I was in away end, halfway between goal and corner….felt like I was right behind it!

Just now, David Brent said:

My old man says it’s the best goal he’s ever seen live.

Happy I got to see it, and show him the footage too. Thanks to whoever found it.

In my top 4.

18 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Was that a league cup game?

Im sure l seen him score a screamer into the open end goal v NF in a midweek game

No this was a league game on a Saturday but I’m glad you mention the league cup.

It was a rare evening game for me, as I lived 60 miles away and Gerry Sweeney scored an absolute peach and hardly anyone remembers it compared to Mann’s goal.

It was at the other end and Sweeney had been getting loads of stick from a section of the crowd near me, that certainly shut them up. I’m presuming it was also Shilton but can’t remember for sure.

We drew 1-1 and lost the replay if I remember correctly. I’d love to see it again. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Was that a league cup game?

Im sure l seen him score a screamer into the open end goal v NF in a midweek game

Me too, and I thought it was just as hard. I was watching from the Grandstand and it was to my left, so he did it twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

No this was a league game on a Saturday but I’m glad you mention the league cup.

It was a rare evening game for me, as I lived 60 miles away and Gerry Sweeney scored an absolute peach and hardly anyone remembers it compared to Mann’s goal.

It was at the other end and Sweeney had been getting loads of stick from a section of the crowd near me, that certainly shut them up. I’m presuming it was also Shilton but can’t remember for sure.

We drew 1-1 and lost the replay if I remember correctly. I’d love to see it again. 

the replay was on sportsnight too....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I remember that, yes it was a great Sweeney goal that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I do remember Gerry Sweeney getting a certain amount of stick, light-hearted I thought, owing to his reliance on punting it hard and long in the vague direction of Tom Richie.

One wag would shout out when Gerry got hold of the ball down in front of us in the Enclosure: "Oi Gerry! Try the long hopeful ball, you know the one!". At which moment, Gerry would obligingly swing his boot through the ball and welt it up there...."THAT'S THE ONE!!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I do remember Gerry Sweeney getting a certain amount of stick, light-hearted I thought, owing to his reliance on punting it hard and long in the vague direction of Tom Richie.

One wag would shout out when Gerry got hold of the ball down in front of us in the Enclosure: "Oi Gerry! Try the long hopeful ball, you know the one!". At which moment, Gerry would obligingly swing his boot through the ball and welt it up there...."THAT'S THE ONE!!"

Ha, well I was in the enclosure that night, so it may well have been him. 

• Like 1