IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

He's a good technical footballer who uses the ball well but i still worry about him defensively.

I thought he played well tonight but i wouldn't be surprised if Nige prefers Pring in that left back role moving forward.

Fair point , for me I prefer Pring further forward. Good options to have 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

He's a good technical footballer who uses the ball well but i still worry about him defensively.

I thought he played well tonight but i wouldn't be surprised if Nige prefers Pring in that left back role moving forward.

Thought the same and did he play the dodgy ball to Massengo leading up to their winner.

I'm glad. Always been good technically, has come in for some unfair flak- seemed to battle back when speculation that he might have been off the bus- and remember he's 23, time on his side and he has had two medium-long term injuries in the last 2 and a half years, especially 2019/20 where he missed half a season.

Whether he starts LB is a different debate but a nice problem to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

He is doing ok but only play with one foot makes it often difficault.

Plenty of players whose right leg was only for standing on .... Brian Drysdale, Terry Cooper, Alan Walsh, Brian Tinnion. Didn't they say of Liam Brady - if you've got a left foot like he has, who needs a right foot to kick with. Funny how right foot only players never seem to stick in the mind. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DingleRed said:

Plenty of players whose right leg was only for standing on .... Brian Drysdale, Terry Cooper, Alan Walsh, Brian Tinnion. Didn't they say of Liam Brady - if you've got a left foot like he has, who needs a right foot to kick with. Funny how right foot only players never seem to stick in the mind. 

David Beckham is an example of someone whose left foot might as well have been amputated,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

Yes - but he has a general inability to complete a 90min match consistently. Sort of a big deal if he wants to progress his career.

Not hugely unusual for a player playing his first season at this level (not having played hardly at all the level below either) to not complete too many 90s.  Plenty of more experienced players are quite often the candidate to be subbed off.

For info, all Pring’s 90s came from starts at LB and LCB3…his games where he got subbed off were LWB or LM.  O’Dowda (LWB and LW) regularly subbed off too. High intensity position by default.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not hugely unusual for a player playing his first season at this level (not having played hardly at all the level below either) to not complete too many 90s.  Plenty of more experienced players are quite often the candidate to be subbed off.

For info, all Pring’s 90s came from starts at LB and LCB3…his games where he got subbed off were LWB or LM.  O’Dowda (LWB and LW) regularly subbed off too. High intensity position by default.

Exactly right Dave - a fact lost on too many City fans unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2022 at 22:51, grifty said:

why oh why does every pass to Dasilva go to his right foot so his movement has to be back towards our goal.

Why can't Klose pass it on to his left foot in front of him (opposition player permitting) to allow him to move onto the ball on his favoured foot!?

Hes a multi million pound footballer, surely he should use his right foot for more than just standing on?!

On 22/02/2022 at 22:51, grifty said:

why oh why does every pass to Dasilva go to his right foot so his movement has to be back towards our goal.

Why can't Klose pass it on to his left foot in front of him (opposition player permitting) to allow him to move onto the ball on his favoured foot!?

I reckon the time it would take for a pro footballer to transfer the ball from his right foot to his left foot would be about a tenth of a second ... nothing to see here ... 

2 hours ago, soultrader said:

I would like to see Pring on the Wing

Just because I think it would be a commentators dream to have players in positions that rhyme with their surname

Imagine if Willie Boly was our goalie, Bradley Dack at right back, a second keeper playing sweeper …

… err, Dennis Hopper as a stopper, Sean Penn at number ten, a Hairy Biker (useless striker)…

… err, that’s it.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Leveller said:

Imagine if Willie Boly was our goalie, Bradley Dack at right back, a second keeper playing sweeper …

… err, Dennis Hopper as a stopper, Sean Penn at number ten, a Hairy Biker (useless striker)…

… err, that’s it.

For this reason I think Pearson should re-sign Marlon Pack .... to play him at the back

• Haha 1