IGNORED

St David’s Day / City Twitter

David Brent

13 hours ago, KegCity said:

Cardiff have never tweeted Happy St George’s Day. Can’t say I’m particularly arsed, but it’s hardly a surprise people are moaning.

That’s because all this stuff is always a one way street, it is considered perfectly acceptable for the Welsh to say they hate us, especially with regards to rugby, but even indifference to them by us is criticised.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s the modern world mate - the younger generations wake up every day now and their first thoughts are “Right, what I can be offended by today?” - “Who can I implore others to ‘cancel’ today?” - “Who can I encourage others to ‘pile on’ people on social media because their views and opinions are different from mine?” - “Whose career can I attempt to ruin because they stand for different stuff than my views?”

... and they go through the day full of angst, pent up anger and misery because the world doesn’t necessary agree with everything they think and say - they can’t handle it, even though they’ve populated our planet for less than 20 years, yet in their eyes everyone who has been through loads of real life stuff and who have proper perspective on the real issues, should be cancelled because their views don’t necessarily reflect the stances that the loud leftists have been taught to believe at universities etc ...

I fear for this country over the next few decades - the generations coming through are weak and indoctrinated... and if they had their way, we would have had to go though Brexit, a global pandemic and the Ukraine / Russia crisis with Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry, McDonnell etc at the helm - and true to form, Corbyn has already blamed the UK and the US for the horrendous situation in Ukraine ... I need a Malbec ??

Ha. 

To refer to Brexit, the global pandemic, and the current atrocity of the Russo-Ukranian war, whilst simultaneously condemning a generation that has, and will, probably suffer the most from these three signficant life events exhibits incredible mental gymnastics.

Jesus Christ

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s the modern world mate - the younger generations wake up every day now and their first thoughts are “Right, what I can be offended by today?” - “Who can I implore others to ‘cancel’ today?” - “Who can I encourage others to ‘pile on’ people on social media because their views and opinions are different from mine?” - “Whose career can I attempt to ruin because they stand for different stuff than my views?”

... and they go through the day full of angst, pent up anger and misery because the world doesn’t necessary agree with everything they think and say - they can’t handle it, even though they’ve populated our planet for less than 20 years, yet in their eyes everyone who has been through loads of real life stuff and who have proper perspective on the real issues, should be cancelled because their views don’t necessarily reflect the stances that the loud leftists have been taught to believe at universities etc ...

I fear for this country over the next few decades - the generations coming through are weak and indoctrinated... and if they had their way, we would have had to go though Brexit, a global pandemic and the Ukraine / Russia crisis with Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry, McDonnell etc at the helm - and true to form, Corbyn has already blamed the UK and the US for the horrendous situation in Ukraine ... I need a Malbec ??

What are you on about? The irony of berating younger generations for trying to be offended, before proceeding to be offended by “leftists” (who are they?) and making massive generalisations like the imaginary youngsters that seem to upset you so much.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That’s because all this stuff is always a one way street, it is considered perfectly acceptable for the Welsh to say they hate us, especially with regards to rugby, but even indifference to them by us is criticised.

There is no “us” or “them” though. Almost none* of us are purely English, Welsh or any other nationality. A bit of family history research soon proves that for most people. Or a DNA test.

*PS - I very nearly posted that as “almost nine of us” which may have led to much confusion!

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That has to be one of the most misguided, twisted logic posts I've ever seen on here.

This whole "what can I be offended by?" culture is a myth put out there by some media sources desperate to start an inter-generational culture war in a pathetic bid to stay relevant.

What exactly is a 'proper perspective on the real issues'? I often see people called out for offensive views on things, but not exactly sure what you mean by being cancelled. Do you have a decent example?

Brexit was, in the main, the fault of the over 60's. I also fail to see what would have been wrong with Jeremy Corbyn et al in government, they would have made a darn sight better job of it all than the current shower. At least they would be trying to do things for the good of the people rather than just making sure their rich chums are OK. I can also see no blame being attributed to the UK and US by Jeremy Corbyn, his tweets are calling for peace and condemning Russia so far as I can see. Did you imagine thar bit?

It would seem that you are very angry about young people. Nothing new there, older generations have always looked down on the younger. That Malbec might help you calm down a little.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I find the whole thing a bit bizarre as the club are directing their support to players in our team. They do the same for Nahki, Kalas, and whoever else…it's not directed at Cardiff City FC!

Indeed.

It would be somewhat arrogant, preumptuous even, were the people running the BCFC site to think for one moment that players or supporters of Cardiff City or any Welsh team might want to check their site to see if they have received the Club's best wishes for their National Day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I can also see no blame being attributed to the UK and US by Jeremy Corbyn, his tweets are calling for peace and condemning Russia so far as I can see. Did you imagine thar bit?

It’s been a widely covered story - he blamed the UK’s and NATO’s ‘aggression’ and ‘provocation’ for causing Russia’s actions - he had to backtrack when Keir Starmer threatened to expel him and 11 other labour MPs from the party for holding these views 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s been a widely covered story - he blamed the UK’s and NATO’s ‘aggression’ and ‘provocation’ for causing Russia’s actions - he had to backtrack when Keir Starmer threatened to expel him and 11 other labour MPs from the party for holding these views 

I meant Starmer threatened to expel 11 Labour MPs who held the same views as Corbyn - he’s obviously an independent now ...

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

can also see no blame being attributed to the UK and US by Jeremy Corbyn, his tweets are calling for peace and condemning Russia so far as I can see. Did you imagine thar bit?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I meant Starmer threatened to expel 11 Labour MPs who held the same views as Corbyn - he’s obviously an independent now ...

12 hours ago, richwwtk said:

also fail to see what would have been wrong with Jeremy Corbyn et al in government, they would have made a darn sight better job of it all than the current shower.

Well, my post, to which you replied above, mentioned Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry and McDonnell - and your reply says they “would have made a darn sight better job of it than the current shower” - just a few points on that:

Dianne Abbott - during an interview with Nick Ferrari on LBC Radio said police officers should be paid a salary of £8,000 a year and in an interview with Andrew Neil on the BBC’s “This week” programme said “Chairman Mao did more good than harm” - he murdered up to 60 million people. And as everyone knows, there are zillions of other examples of Abbott’s incompetence while appearing in interviews, including her supporting the IRA and other terrorist organisations - she would have been Home Secretary if you’d got your way.

Emily Thornberry slagged off normal working people on Twitter by posting a derogatory comment and photo about “white van man” and then, as Shadow Foreign Secretary, she appeared on the Dermot Murnaghan show on Sky TV to discuss the real prospect of a global conflict and was totally exposed as she didn’t know the name of the French foreign minister and she didn’t know the name, or gender, of the South Korean President.

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell “praised the bravery of the IRA” and said “IRA members should be honoured” - he was forced to backtrack and issue grovelling apologies even though he had a plaque on the wall of his office “honouring IRA martyrs.”

Corbyn - exposed as having sympathy for, and empathy with, terrorist organisations around the world as well as alleged links with them whilst supporting anti-UK organisations. Delivered the worst election result for the Labour Party since 1935.

There is plenty of evidence for all the aforementioned - yet you’d want them in charge of our country.

None of the political parties give me much hope - but we have really needed a very strong opposition over the last few years and it just hasn’t happened - the sheer incompetence and treachery of the Labour Party has been exposed over and over - yet you’d have wanted Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry and McDonnell at the helm.

Oh well, we’ll have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 01/03/2022 at 22:49, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sounds as if you might be the one suffering from angst and pent up anger... 

• Like 1

The point is would it be the same if you went to their country?? You wouldn't go to Wales and expect to find people speaking English, or watching our TV channels, or paying taxes to our government. I'm sick of bending over backwards to these minorities.

Scrap that, just remembered I'm quarter Welsh, leave em be.