IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match day thread

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Our 8m centre back? I know he’s played there a few years back but there’s presumably a reason he doesn’t anywhere. I don’t think he’d be mobile enough 

He had options. He decided on the worst one.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Make up the numbers.

A lot of the time we didn't show the fight we needed when relegation was still a remote possibility. So now we are safe it is no surprise to me we are getting so many poor results. Really disappointing, the season is over and in spite of Pearson's eloquent interviews nothing seems to change. But then again at the moment losing a football match is really not high on the list of things to worry about.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Hes definitely mobile enough, he's one of our quickest players for a start...

Mobile doesn’t necessarily mean speed. It’s about more than speed over a straight line. A full back needs to be agile and turn / change direction quickly, comparatively I don’t think Kalas is that agile or quick in the turn.

• Like 1

Playing an 18 year old striker with a handful of senior appearances under his belt at right back is ridiculous. Then watching that first half unfold the way it did and watch him have one of the worst halves of footy i have seen from a player is frankly shocking management every way you look at it. 

• Like 13
23 minutes ago, Super said:

He had options. He decided on the worst one.

I know what you're saying and, if you looked at today's game in isolation, you'd have no argument from me. But maybe the manager is looking at the big picture, trying to balance winning games now with taking the long view and find out which of our youngsters will be our future. We are safe from relegation, after all. And when else is he going to have the chance to play the likes of Bell in a meaningful fixture, anywhere in the team never mind in his preferred position up front? He's attempting an unenviable juggling act, trying to square the circle of results now and developing youngsters at the same time. And today's defeat wasn't just down to Bell surely?

But in isolation, I agree Bell at full back is madness. Was at the Cov game and saw enough in that to decide I'd personally never play him there again. But his selection is about more than winning any given game at the moment.  

Bloody rubbish result but there we are. Shit result shit season but we ain't going down. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

I'm beginning to question Pearson, but let's look at it another way I assume you work if you are shit at your job you get a bollocking. You can coach and train players all you want if it doesn't go in there is clearly an issue with understanding the fundamentals of basic tactics.

So; are NP's tactics and formations wrong, or are the players just not good enough, or worst case scenario, are the players simply not interested??

Just now, The Coach said:

Still not sure what people expect? We are where we are.

Still a lot of deadwood to shift out. Pearson will get it right given the time. 

It's only cos we have some dog awful teams below us or we would be going down this season. I have seen nothing to suggest NP will get it right.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Suggest another fit RB in the squad.

I agree he isn’t a RB but what else have we got?

Wrecking an 18 year old kids confidence is not high up in the the manual of man management?   I think the 3 year plan is beginning to look less of a plan, and  more like desperation?     

• Like 4