IGNORED

Team for Barnsley

old_eastender

For me after the clean sheet in ages, you have to stick with same back 3 and James sitting, Williams driving. Wells made a real difference when he came on Saturday and for me deserves a start, and I'd rather see Weimann in the no.10 role, with Scott at RWB, so:

Bents

Cundy, Klose, Atkinson 

Scott                                      Dasilva

James, Williams   

Weimann

Wells, Semenyo                 

• Like 2

Surely we should expect a couple of changes. Yes the result against Blackburn was good, but let's not pretend that was a perfect performance. Pearson said as much in his post match. He also raved about Martin. There is scope for changes to be made due to both performances and fitness.

I think we might see Wells start, and given his cameo on Saturday I'll begrudgingly say he deserves it. Assuming Kalas remains injured, then I agree we should stuck with the back three. Having said that, it's possible that Pring could come in either at LCB or at LWB, with Atkinson or Dasilva making way as appropriate.

Benarous is an option in midfield as well IMO. So we could see:

Bents

Cundy, Klose, Atkinson 

Dasilva                                      Pring

Benarous, Williams   

Weimann

Wells, Semenyo                 

Not saying that is what I want to see, but just thinking about where Pearson may make some changes in order to keep the squad fresh. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting call in midfield. Ordinarily you'd think that one of James or Williams would be benched given that they're both building up to full fitness. However Massengo's cameo on Saturday might mean they both start again.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wells does get a start however if he does I think it's more likely he replaces Semenyo than Martin.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely we should expect a couple of changes. Yes the result against Blackburn was good, but let's not pretend that was a perfect performance. Pearson said as much in his post match. He also raved about Martin. There is scope for changes to be made due to both performances and fitness.

I think we might see Wells start, and given his cameo on Saturday I'll begrudgingly say he deserves it. Assuming Kalas remains injured, then I agree we should stuck with the back three. Having said that, it's possible that Pring could come in either at LCB or at LWB, with Atkinson or Dasilva making way as appropriate.

Bents

Cundy, Klose, Atkinson 

Benarous, Williams   

Weimann

Wells, Semenyo                 

Not saying that is what I want to see, but just thinking about where Pearson may make some changes in order to keep the squad fresh. 

I was thinking Benarous might get the nod tomorrow night.

• Like 1

You have to question playing Williams and Cundy twice in a week. Kalas being available would make the question easier to answer.

The other one is Semenyo. Possible that Wells could get a start, AS could probably do with sitting one out. Still all down to who's fit though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

My logic is that I don't think we want James and Williams both starting 3 games in a week. I don't think either have the fitness to do that given their injury affected seasons, and even if they do then I don't think we need to test that theory.

Therefore we either rotate tomorrow or Saturday. If it were me I'd choose to play Benarous against Barnsley rather than WBA.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is Williams likely to be able to play twice in 4 days?

I would have no issues if he was rested tomorrow.  I’m sure he will be itching to play against his former (loan) club, but this is where we want Sports Science to play it’s part.  He’s had three 90s on the trot, albeit Sat - Sat - Sat.  There is no need to risk him imho, much as I think we are generally far better with him in the team.

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He certainly has a chance of getting a start tomorrow.  Possibly in for Williams.

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You have to question playing Williams and Cundy twice in a week. Kalas being available would make the question easier to answer.

The other one is Semenyo. Possible that Wells could get a start, AS could probably do with sitting one out. Still all down to who's fit though.

Don’t think Kalas will be fit.  I’d be happy to keep the WBs as they are.  If Cundy not able to start, I’d bring Pring  into the back 3.

But, it’s really impossible to know what knocks and fatigue are around the squad.  I’m comfortable with however we line up…for me it’s more about players performing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would have no issues if he was rested tomorrow.  I’m sure he will be itching to play against his former (loan) club, but this is where we want Sports Science to play it’s part.  He’s had three 90s on the trot, albeit Sat - Sat - Sat.  There is no need to risk him imho, much as I think we are generally far better with him in the team.

That run, with a good rest in between has been perfect for his building up. The next step could be Sat/Tues/Sat, but absolutely no point in taking any chances at all.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t think Kalas will be fit.  I’d be happy to keep the WBs as they are.  If Cundy not able to start, I’d bring Pring  into the back 3.

But, it’s really impossible to know what knocks and fatigue are around the squad.  I’m comfortable with however we line up…for me it’s more about players performing

I think Cundy, like Williams, would want to start. He would probably be able to. But he is another I wouldn't want to take chance after a long lay off.

Person has been hamstrung again by injuries, almost last man standing. I love the fact that even though it has meant juggling, he has tried to do the best for the long term prospects of the player. That goes against what we have seen previously.
I would expect Pring to come into the team regardless . WB/FB/CB. I would like Wells to get a run, or try Weimann & Semenyo as a 2.  
But as the saying goes, we are where we are .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Interesting call in midfield. Ordinarily you'd think that one of James or Williams would be benched given that they're both building up to full fitness. However Massengo's cameo on Saturday might mean they both start again.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wells does get a start however if he does I think it's more likely he replaces Semenyo than Martin.

As long as Massengo is kept out of the pub he’ll be fine. I assume he was on the piss before the game on Saturday anyway……

18 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bents

Cundy, Klose, Atkinson 

Benarous, Williams   

Weimann

Wells, Semenyo                 

No Scott? 

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

No Scott? 

I don't like him at RWB really. If included then I'd want him in the front 5. Could push Weimann up top and have Scott in behind the front two.

But everyone needs a rest from time to time.

For me success in the next 9 games is as much about keeping everyone fit as is it about winning games. I'd be fine seeing Scott rested for a couple of games.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Massengo for Williams the only change.

No Benarous on the bench, ill? Vyner back.

Anyone know why O’Leary hasn’t been on the bench for the last 2?

I was going to ask the same question. I have a feeling he has had a fall out maybe because of not being selected but he can't expect to get in front of Bents with the form he is showing. Let's hope Harvey Wiles- Richards is going to be a good goalkeeper for us. 

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

O’Leary still hasn’t recovered from his injury when Bents came on as sub.

4 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

I was going to ask the same question. I have a feeling he has had a fall out maybe because of not being selected but he can't expect to get in front of Bents with the form he is showing. Let's hope Harvey Wiles- Richards is going to be a good goalkeeper for us. 

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't like him at RWB really. If included then I'd want him in the front 5. Could push Weimann up top and have Scott in behind the front two.

But everyone needs a rest from time to time.

For me success in the next 9 games is as much about keeping everyone fit as is it about winning games. I'd be fine seeing Scott rested for a couple of games.

Think theyve all rested tonight ??