IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

1 minute ago, tin said:

You’re usually a pretty reasonable poster, but you’re spouting shit here. What alternatives to Owers, Conway or Bell were there today? None. If you think today was shit, you don’t have a clue. 

No today was fine. The season has been shit. The same problems no matter who has been the alternatives. Hell NP thought enough of Bell to start him at rb a few times. Benarous has started plenty. No matter who has started or who has been on the bench we have struggled. 

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Were you there? Go to the least amount of games out of most poster yet you with one of the loudest voices. ?

I like discussing Bristol City / Football on OTIB.  I go to home games.  Is that a problem?

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** knows what that is. I watched us bottle 3 points again though. Waiting for davefevs to crunch some numbers and say how we were unlucky. Matter of fact, why doesn’t Numero Uno contribute to the conversation? I bet it has been a hell of a season for the mighty BCFC hey? Clown

Boy oh boy, you really got some shit for me tonight.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know you wouldn’t tell me that to me face to face you melt. ******* keyboard warriors. Oh davefevs let me protect your honour. Pussy

Perhaps posters like some of the stuff I post???  Just like I like lots of stuff others post.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

What’s Steve Cotterill doing these days? No disrespect intended.

you know what hes doing, he got us to this div and league cup trophy winners, if he had half the money what GJ/LJ had for transfers, we would be in the prem by now; we kicked him out before his time then give others millions to spend/waste and years to do it as well.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m not protecting any poster, haven’t mentioned any poster. We are all disappointed with letting in a last second goal today but calling people clowns, melts, pussies etc. shows that you don’t have the maturity to get it out of your system. Why don’t you phone a mate and go and get pissed or something? Or would you end up sparking your mate out in a huff, what with being the forum hard man and all that…..

Got no mates. Want to come to come to pub with me? 

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

you know what hes doing, he got us to this div and league cup trophy winners, if he had half the money what GJ/LJ had for transfers, we would be in the prem by now; we kicked him out before his time then give others millions to spend/waste and years to do it as well.

If he came back right now though he would be searching down the back of the sofa!! I don’t doubt that has he been backed things would have been different. That’s Steve Lansdown’s issue not Nigel Pearson’s though.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Facts ??‍♂️

Just now, tin said:

You’re usually a pretty reasonable poster, but you’re spouting shit here. What alternatives to Owers, Conway or Bell were there today? None. If you think today was shit, you don’t have a clue. 

Often critical of the Manager and still don't see him as the answer BUT today was good for 91 minutes (let down by not using a sub in the 92nd.)

Correct formation with the correct players in each position (he had available) we looked organised and with a game plan and was just what I assumed we would get when this manager walked through the door.

The most important part of the day was that it put to bed the ludicrous statements on here about our group of players not being good enough to be at least mid table in this Division. Proved today that organised and set up properly they could be a decent team in this Division. That excuse at least is now defunct.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like discussing Bristol City / Football on OTIB.  I go to home games.  Is that a problem?

Perhaps posters like some of the stuff I post???  Just like I like lots of stuff others post.

I took umbrage to how you responded to someone else’s opinion on things. You have taken a higher opinion of yourself because you paid for a subscription on tableau. So when you go at someone now, how do you think that makes them feel? I ain’t having someone who goes to home games make another fan feel like shit when they have an opinion. You don’t need your shit opinions in every ******* thread. You are a nobody like everyone else here. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ll get back to you………

Can‘t wait…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I took umbrage to how you responded to someone else’s opinion on things. You have taken a higher opinion of yourself because you paid for a subscription on tableau. So when you go at someone now, how do you think that makes them feel? I ain’t having someone who goes to home games make another fan feel like shit when they have an opinion. You don’t need your shit opinions in every ******* thread. You are a nobody like everyone else here. 

Can‘t wait…

Probably time to log off…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

They don’t have the balls, the backbone, the nous, the know how, the brains, the leadership, the communication, the shithousery, the skills, the wisdom or the capability. To close out games. 

.... in other words, everything Neil Warnock is renowned for instilling into a group of players .... if only we’d appointed Warnock ten years ago ... oh well, too late now. Anyway, I had to get a reference to Neil in, because it’s just expected of me in threads about the management of our club ... ??????

5 minutes ago, gl2 said:

This what gets me. The bloke right at the top has put shit loads of money in but his decision making has been so shit, consistently over a 20 year period that you have to question how much worse off we’d be if he never bothered. My guess is we would be a Rotherham type yo-yo club with a slightly less fancy stadium and a less fancy Low Performance Centre…….and wouldn’t have been losing £400k per week to tread water at Championship level. One Championship play off final in twenty odd years shouldn’t cost hundreds of millions of debt?

But it seems the bloke is bomb proof and doesn’t have to answer to anyone. His club, he’ll **** it up his way.

8 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Often critical of the Manager and still don't see him as the answer BUT today was good for 91 minutes (let down by not using a sub in the 92nd.)

That’s a different argument to the lack of experience/quality on the bench, though. I actually agree with your point, but maybe he thought bringing one of those lads on was too much of a risk? Who knows. It’s gone, it’s a good point. 

8 minutes ago, Waconda said:

The most important part of the day was that it put to bed the ludicrous statements on here about our group of players not being good enough to be at least mid table in this Division. Proved today that organised and set up properly they could be a decent team in this Division. That excuse at least is now defunct.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer for me. If the players can’t motivate themselves to play against of the league’s big boys then they won’t be here much longer. They did today; the challenge is to do it consistently and cut out the errors.

Edited by tin

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

You can stop following me on Tableau now then?

I use the free version by the way! ??‍♂️

1348A3BE-AEB5-434E-A8F8-4AA0E414A0FB.thumb.jpeg.65ad95e392506ce19bf4a1daa1745232.jpeg

The rest, I don’t really want to drag the OP into it.  She will DM me if she feels the need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Facts ??‍♂️

NP;

Sacked 2015 Liecs

"left" Derby 2016

Sacked Oh leuven 2019

Sacked Watford 2020

Unemployed till Feb 2021 taken on by us and..... well see prev 5 plus years, should have gone with SC Steve

Edited by gl2

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Can‘t wait…

Not sure I agree on your bully point here (not intentionally anyway)

But do have sympathy's re the seeming "clique" of "super posters" whose opinion is seen as sacrosanct and often team up to shout down dissenters.

Everyone's opinion on here is as valid as the next (spreadsheets or not)

53 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Average male life expectancy: 79.3 years; Nige: 58; answer: about 42 transfer windows

But in 1963, when Pearson was born, life expectancy for a man was 70.8 years. So he's got less time than you might think.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 minutes ago, tin said:

That’s a different argument to the lack of experience/quality on the bench, though. I actually agree with your point, but maybe he thought bringing one of those lads on was too much of a risk? Who knows. It’s gone, it’s a good point. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer for me. If the players can’t motivate themselves to play against of the league’s big boys then they won’t be here much longer. They did today; the challenge is to do it consistently and cut out the errors.

Yep agreed.

Just now, Davefevs said:

You can stop following me on Tableau now then?

I use the free version by the way! ??‍♂️

1348A3BE-AEB5-434E-A8F8-4AA0E414A0FB.thumb.jpeg.65ad95e392506ce19bf4a1daa1745232.jpeg

The rest, I don’t really want to drag the OP into it.  She will DM me if she feels the need.

Weird flex. I don’t even have an account ? and you are tight as **** pay them ffs

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Well, they’ve got another stiff challenge next time out. You’ve nailed it, if he brings on a young kid, the ref adds on 30 seconds, the kid doesn’t pick someone up and West Brom equalise imagine the reaction of the hindsight experts then……

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I was referring to your cotterill would have us in the prem comments. 

both Dawe and SL said SC  will be a prem manager and  then sacked him, then, well see the last years since that great choice of sacking him ? 

Now we have a manager  who has done what exactly since 2015 apart from been tried at quite a few clubs and failed.

Edited by gl2

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like what you post Dave- especially when someone explains it to me!

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Lot of :boxing:on here tonight.

Very entertaining :yawn:

And I'm just about to join in.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Well, they’ve got another stiff challenge next time out. You’ve nailed it, if he brings on a young kid, the ref adds on 30 seconds, the kid doesn’t pick someone up and West Brom equalise imagine the reaction of the hindsight experts then……

Vyner for Wells was the move when we had the free kick by their corner flag, Obvious sub for me.

But you are right West Brom may have gone up the other end and scored anyway = Managers gets blame.

Instead West Brom did go up the other end and score.

Easy for me to shout it in the stands at the time but feel this is the sort of detail we lack far to often currently.