IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

Just now, dave36 said:

Todays draw was not down to NP - once again it was the EFL and their ****king useless officials! In extra time the initial pass into the box was offside, confirmed by the Sky/Quest replay! Let’s not get into the debate about the pens we should have got!

Todays result was robbery! - BIG team favoured from kick off!

I would question Martins extension though! 24 minutes before he touched the ball today! Countless punts up to him and he failed to connect with any of them up to that time!

The extension was triggered by number of performances

• Like 1

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

On a serious note- I've said in other posts that Nige  a)accepted a poison chalice b) has clearly done some good

However, I remain of the opinion that he should go at the season's end. He's presided over an unacceptable set of results in 1 1/2 seasons and can't win a back to back game . Which is pitiful. Maybe he is just very unlucky.

Absolutely no one on here can change my opinion- there is only one person that can and that's Nigel himself 

He won’t be going imo so the next question is what timescale next season is the maximum he gets if we don’t see an improvement. I accept that there does come a time when we have to stop conceding two per game, countless set pieces, injury time every bloody week etc. He’s talking like he has targets lined up.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

On a serious note- I've said in other posts that Nige  a)accepted a poison chalice b) has clearly done some good

However, I remain of the opinion that he should go at the season's end. He's presided over an unacceptable set of results in 1 1/2 seasons and can't win a back to back game . Which is pitiful. Maybe he is just very unlucky.

Absolutely no one on here can change my opinion- there is only one person that can and that's Nigel himself 

Yet you want him out at the seasons end, thus denying him the chance to do so.

Brilliant. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I honestly believe that if we sacked Pearson tomorrow the line up to replace him would be worse than many people imagine. My guess is we’d end up with Mike Flynn or Curtis Fleming……..,

I’m surprised Flynn went to Walsall, thought his stock was higher.

Someone who is doing well who I think might be a future City manager is Duff, up the road.  Doing an amazing job.  Good eye for a player too.

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

This season has turned out exactly how most people on here predicted. Stay up was the priority- I’d say 80% would have been happy with that considering the circumstances. Should be even more since the financial figures were released.

I agree with you to an extent Rossi but i do feel Nige has been given excess slack by many fans.

Our squad isn't as poor as some make out and i would have hoped that he would have been able to coach us in to a more structured unit by now.

I will keep the faith for now but as i've said before, this summers recruitment and the start to next season is crucial.

• Like 2

Just now, Davefevs said:

Someone who is doing well who I think might be a future City manager is Duff, up the road.  Doing an amazing job.  Good eye for a player too.

I wouldn’t touch us right now tbh if I was on the way up. Sure fire way to end up with a career in the lower leagues.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A bizarre thread title after a good result and spirited performance today.

I think 3 year plan in some ways was optimistic. It wouldn't surprise me if next season has similarities to this season although from Barnsley at home to present the home form has been much improved. That's a useful foundation.

Then...

fit

Tanner, Atkinson, Williams, Scott, Semenyo.

All of them have room to grow, age wise. DaSilva, Pring, Benarous too but these players haven't missed much this season, unlike a few of the above.

Also might depend on how many of Massengo, Scott, Semenyo we can retain and if one has to go, how much of the fee can we safely give NP on wages and fees while remaining within FFP.

Lots of variables but why today would provoke that reaction is a bit unusual.

People having differing opinions and thoughts on a football match isn't "unusual".

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Missed out on Ryan Lowe, would have been perfect for our situation.

But that is going over old ground.

1 minute ago, Waconda said:

Missed out on Ryan Lowe, would have been perfect for our situation.

But that is going over old ground.

He’s a funny one for me.  Watched a bit of stuff (video) in the Dressing Room from a pre-season game and wasn’t overly impressed with how he came across.  But he’s done well, can’t deny that.  PNE a good fit for him.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think 3 year plan in some ways was optimistic. It wouldn't surprise me if next season has similarities to this season although from Barnsley at home to present the home form has been much improved. That's a useful foundation.

Then...

fit

All of them have room to grow, age wise. DaSilva, Pring, Benarous too but these players haven't missed much this season, unlike a few of the above.

Also might depend on how many of Massengo, Scott, Semenyo we can retain and if one has to go, how much of the fee can we safely give NP on wages and fees while remaining within FFP.

Agree, I’m in the Pearson in camp but those who suddenly expect it is going to change significantly after this summer (with only 3 players OoC, Cundy, Klose & O’Dowda) are being super optimistic, without a lot of good fortune & some very smart business, which is completely dependent on us shifting players we don’t want (tricky) & doing well in the transfer market, which I am not exactly optimistic about, based on our current set up.

• Like 4

Somewhat amusing that some of the most vocal of LJ backers , who wouldn’t have a single word said against him , even after , and , despite some hideous runs and performances well into his tenure , are the quickest to sharpen their knives for Pearson and demand his departure .......

And Lets not even compare Pearson’s lot with the squad Johnson inherited or the conveyor belt of signings he was indulged in  

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He won’t be going imo so the next question is what timescale next season is the maximum he gets if we don’t see an improvement. I accept that there does come a time when we have to stop conceding two per game, countless set pieces, injury time every bloody week etc. He’s talking like he has targets lined up.

You are probably right in that he'll stay. 

The reason I'm not keen on this is because whatever money is available in the summer is likely to be the ONLY money and I just can't see enough progress to let him spend it all. @Davefevs did mention about an upstairs move and a younger coach coming in and I'd be more happy with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree, I’m in the Pearson in camp but those who suddenly expect it is going to change significantly after this summer (with only 3 players OoC, Cundy, Klose & O’Dowda) are being super optimistic, without a lot of good fortune & some very smart business, which is completely dependent on us shifting players we don’t want (tricky) & doing well in the transfer market, which I am not exactly optimistic about, based on our current set up.

King as well I thought? Arguments for and against keeping Cundy and Klose.

However do tend to agree with your post.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

King as well I thought? Arguments for and against keeping Cundy and Klose.

However do tend to agree with your post.

You’re right, King as well, apologies.

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know you wouldn’t tell me that to me face to face you melt. ******* keyboard warriors. Oh davefevs let me protect your honour. Pussy

Key board warriors. Right back at you I would say. You’ll be so embarrassed when you have sobered up fella!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Somewhat amusing that some of the most vocal of LJ backers , who wouldn’t have a single word said against him , even after , and , despite some hideous runs and performances well into his tenure , are the quickest to sharpen their knives for Pearson and demand his departure .......

And Lets not even compare Pearson’s lot with the squad Johnson inherited or the conveyor belt of signings he was indulged in  

Vocal LJ backers??? There were about 3 of us and towards the very end - none.

Isn't it funny how the most anti Johnson posters on here seem to be the most fervent Pearson backers now?- it's like a cult. There was never the same fervour for Lee and he was widely disliked and, boy oh boy, he came in for some stick for always selecting Weimann. The difference ,for me ,is that LJ gave me some great moments including the cup run. No one beats Cotts but I did like the LJ winning streaks- at least we had some then. As City fans, we don't get a lot of great moments but unless things change one of these could possibly be when NP leaves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Pretty sure the Weimann one he got the ball? Didn’t see any definite handball, could be robins tv didn’t show a replay properly

There was a definite hand ball, but it would have been a harsh penalty decision.

Pring also got away with a hand ball in the area, but that would also have been harsh.

At least the ref was consistent today in giving a foul every time any player hit the ground - he gave 35 fouls (split 18/17) and it made for a very disjointed game, bloke obviously isn't a fan of playing advantages. But he was a big step up in quality over some we've had recently imo - which isn't saying much really.

5 hours ago, RonWalker said:

Non-leading question - who comes in? Will they do better with this squad? How will they circumvent the financial issues we have?

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Ah, the questions that none of the people screaming for Pearson to go can ever answer.

Wasn't Chris Hughton the chosen one???

Whatever happened to him?

?

Edited by Redtucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Then...

fit

I try not to use terms like bed wetting *******, however there are a few on this thread that deserve the title. 

There was an interview with Alan Dicks recently. A bloke who took ten years to build a promotion team out of kids and cheap-transfers. 

Pearson has brought in Atkinson (who had a good game and an assist today) and Tanner for fees. but has spent a fraction of the money thrown away by SL on his LJ whim. 

Injury is a problem, across the club and has been for sometime, but we are building from within so as not to fall foul of FFP and so that we can build something sustainable from our very expensive performance center. 

Yes we have a problem in the last few minutes that’s pretty bloody obvious, but whether the bed wetters like it or not he has a three year contract with a remit to build a side, without spending money we don’t have/not allowed to spend. That was/is the remit and the fact the playboy had to be slapped down by Pearson publicly should give us all hope he’s not the yes man that the previous men running the football side were 

HNM won’t sign a contract and the club will have to make decisions regarding Scott and Semenyo as offers are not only likely but inevitable. Then it’s going to be about who we can get in, keeping a few fitter longer, like James Williams Atkinson and Tanner is key and how long it will take the next generation to come through. Conway Owers Benny Janner et al have to step up and fingers crossed Tinman is right that we have excellent players coming through  

Last minute goals hurt us all, but some have to take their right hand off their Dick and their left off their rattle and wake TFU! And while they’re at it stop adding to the Simpson thread, it was tried it failed, so what! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I try not to use terms like bed wetting *******, however there are a few on this thread that deserve the title. 

There was an interview with Alan Dicks recently. A bloke who took ten years to build a promotion team out of kids and cheap-transfers. 

Pearson has brought in Anderson (who had a good game and an assist today) and Tanner for fees. but has spent a fraction of the money thrown away by SL on his LJ whim. 

Injury is a problem, across the club and has been for sometime, but we are building from within so as not to fall foul of FFP and so that we can build something sustainable from our very expensive performance center. 

Yes we have a problem in the last few minutes that’s pretty bloody obvious, but whether the bed wetters like it or not he has a three year contract with a remit to build a side, without spending money we don’t have/not allowed to spend. That was/is the remit and the fact the playboy had to be slapped down by Pearson publicly should give us all hope he’s not the yes man that the previous men running the football side were 

HNM won’t sign a contract and the club will have to make decisions regarding Scott and Semenyo as offers are not only likely but inevitable. Then it’s going to be about who we can get in, keeping a few fitter longer, like James Williams Anderson and Tanner is key and how long it will take the next generation to come through. Conway Owers Benny Janner et al have to step up and fingers crossed Tinman is right that we have excellent players coming through  

Last minute goals hurt us all, but some have to take their right hand off their Dick and their left off their rattle and wake TFU! And while they’re at it stop adding to the Simpson thread, it was tried it failed, so what! 

Who the **** is Anderson? ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rich_s said:

I’m amazed how the fans have by and large stuck with him.

I’m not amazed at all how the fans have stuck with him - we’ve got a manager who took Leicester City from league one to the premier league - he spent a whole Sunday at Jamie Vardy’s house persuading him to sign for Leicester rather than Blackburn and he signed Riyad Mahrez for £450k to play for Leicester - Mahrez was subsequently sold to Manchester City for £50 million - Pearson laid the foundations for Leicester City to win the premier league ... I’m sticking with him ... so, who would you recommend we get in as our new manager, willing to work within the considerable constraints whilst trying to build a winning squad? I look forward to your list ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 9
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

He fitted the nice boy, 10 second twitter clip quote nonsense that a lot of young modern fans love. He did an ok job for the club but started the downward spiral that Pearson is trying to fix. I don't think Johnson would have coped with the budget Pearson has been given.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Is there logic in that? He had last 15 or so of last season. Made his decisions and had 10 players walk and brought back 3. Then signed another 4(5 with Klose) and we are finishing the season much like we finished last season. If we sell players and let NP buy I believe it is going to set us back further. 

Finished the season like we did last? We ended the season poorly, relying on youngsters and our last win of the season was on match day 36, and we only got 3 more points in the final 10 games which were all draws. The Blackburn game this season was on Matchday 37 and the performance v West Brom is better than any of the performances we put in the final 10 games of last season. I’d definitely say already we’ve finished the season better than last

• Like 3