IGNORED

Sports Psychologist?

East Londoner

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

And if it isn’t a psychological issue @Lrrr, then I’ll hold my hands up and say experiment failed. But the cost to risk ratio means it’s surely bonkers not to try?

Watching this goal back its not psychological to me its just basics not being done. When Robinson gets on the ball James is tight to Livermore tracking him back, a second or so before the pass James decides to detach himself from Livermore for some reason, he's not offside so should stay with him given he (James) has City players either side of him not marking anyone so could go to Robinson if needed. So there's issue one. The second issue is Pring allowing Reach to just make the run between himself and Atkinson so freely, no one tight to him, I've criticised Atkinson previously this season for not knowing where players are around him and this is another occasion, between the two of them someone has to be tight on Reach given City have an overload of players in the middle of the pitch there, but Reach is allowed to just stroll through the back line and City's defenders can't do anything because its too late. 

Not psychological for me, just poor quality.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The club don’t listen to him at all because he is a fan not an analyst. The poster expressed his opinion if not the best wording and had a “fanaylst” basically tell him his opinion is shit.  I am walking away from this conversation now though and hope everyone else can too

If you’re going to defend someone from bullying, it’s probably not the most respectful move to continually mis-gender them.

As for Dave, his posts are far more interesting and insightful than anything you’ve shared tonight IMO.

Made a bit of a tit of yourself tonight, that hangovers going to sting in the morning I think

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As do Arsenal Manchester United and Norwich to name a few unsuccessful clubs 

Your question was regarding successful clubs. The majority of clubs, and indeed sportsmen are unsuccessful because in sport they have to be. The winners are the minority. 

In football the game obviously has three results. Psychology applies to losing teams. Sean Dyche employs psychologists at Burnley, a team whose success can be measured by their existence in the Premier league, and a team who in reality cannot win regularly. Burnley's mental challenges will not be the same as Man City’s and defeat will have to be kept in perspective and managed. 

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 23:08, Dr Balls said:

@Pippintoggthis has to be the thread for you?!

Something is definitely amiss when we switch off defensively once the added time board is raised…

I missed this Dr. I'm not regular on the forum. Most professional sports clubs/athletes have psychologists but clearly they have a limited impact. We can see this from the number of elite athletes who suffer from mental health problems. I approached BCFC under LJ but got nowhere. I also had a meeting with the assistant manager and head of sports psychology at another Championship club, initially this was positive but it was the sports psychologist who wouldn't take it any further. I am 100% certain that I could have an impact on players as I do with the clients I see, however many people are clueless about what hypnotherapy does and why it works so effectively. They are influenced by misconceptions based on the media and people like Derren Brown. Still, 5 - 0 yesterday was a good end to the season.