IGNORED

? City sign new six-year deal with hummel

Unan

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Jon Lansdown calls it a ‘great journey so far’ with Hummel.    I find it hard to believe that many fans give a damn about who makes our kit.  Is anyone excited about this ‘news’?

Yes…because they make nice kits.

Plus I suspect it is commercially beneficial to us also.  Not millions admittedly, but it all helps.

• Like 13
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Jon Lansdown calls it a ‘great journey so far’ with Hummel.    I find it hard to believe that many fans give a damn about who makes our kit.  Is anyone excited about this ‘news’?

I guess it depends if you where club gear out and about on a regular basis, I do and think that Hummel casual wear has been a massive important on anything the club has offered in a long time, hopefully see an expanded range this coming season, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes…because they make nice kits.

Plus I suspect it is commercially beneficial to us also.  Not millions admittedly, but it all helps.

Larger payments in the first couple of seasons to help us with our FFP issues and smaller amounts once we've balanced ourselves out I'd imagine, over a 6 year contract its possible rather than more common 2/3 year ones

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Larger payments in the first couple of seasons to help us with our FFP issues and smaller amounts once we've balanced ourselves out I'd imagine, over a 6 year contract its possible rather than more common 2/3 year ones

Yep, would make sense. ??

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I don't agree. I think people do care, even if only subconsciously or in passing.
Many of the "Big" names make smaller teams choose generic kits from template. We have had personal and individual designs to our preferences. That is important. I think overall they have done a good job,  the love on social media for the keepers kit was way bigger than I had imagined it could be. 

Excited is probably the wrong word, but pleased, yeah. 

I have to say even I have been tempted to buy recent shirts, I love the black one, and I never wear shirts.

• Like 4

I've always loved Hummel kits...them and Admiral by far the most aesthetically pleasing.

Would love to see a kit replicated from our first division days, with the Hummel 'Vs' as trim.

My favourite kits they ever did were for SC Bayer 05 Uerdingen from the mid 70s. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't agree. I think people do care, even if only subconsciously or in passing.
Many of the "Big" names make smaller teams choose generic kits from template. We have had personal and individual designs to our preferences. That is important. I think overall they have done a good job,  the love on social media for the keepers kit was way bigger than I had imagined it could be. 

I have to say even I have been tempted to buy recent shirts, I love the black one, and I never wear shirts.

I think, for me, it seems a bit insane to be lauding a kit maker renewal when things are so bad on the pitch. The style of announcement seems way too much 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Don’t buy shirts so agree about not being fused about who makes them although Hummel is a good brand. However, what I do worry about is getting the best financial deal possible for the club especially in current situation.  Like others have said if it’s loaded to first couple of years to get us over the bump then fantastic .    

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think, for me, it seems a bit insane to be lauding a kit maker renewal when things are so bad on the pitch. The style of announcement seems way too much 

It's news, news is food and drink for the media department, the media department exists to get the club in the public domain, and around we go.
It's a new deal, and would be financially beneficial , why not big it up. The rest of the World does not stop , just because the team are a hard watch. 

Interested to know. Would you expect complete silence from the Club until we have a good team ?

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's news, news is food and drink for the media department, the media department exists to get the club in the public domain, and around we go.
It's a new deal, and would be financially beneficial , why not big it up. The rest of the World does not stop , just because the team are a hard watch. 

Interested to know. Would you expect complete silence from the Club until we have a good team ?

No of course not and nowhere have I implied I would expect complete silence.  Would you expect an open top bus parade for a new sleeve sponsor?!

Just announce it and move on. No need for all the images and Lansdown saying what an amazing journey we are on with Hummel. 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bring back TFG

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No of course not and nowhere have I implied I would expect complete silence.  Would you expect an open top bus parade for a new sleeve sponsor?!

Just announce it and move on. No need for all the images and Lansdown saying what an amazing journey we are on with Hummel. 

The Club would probably be keener on making a big issue of it now, specially because we have been poor. They want to have some feel good factor around the place, in the current climate it's good news and TBF it's a two way street. Hummel would want an announcement, it's part of what they get from the deal. 
Times have gone when you would only get announcements of the bigger things. The fact we have a Media Dept means everything will be bigged up and shouted about, it's the social media World.

• Like 2

Hummel have done a great job so far. I’ve bought and proudly worn some of the casual gear and my kid loves his kits. For me Hummel have given me a tangible connection with home (I’m too old for kits and I’ve not liked other recent manufacturer’s casual gear enough to buy or wear) and the black away kit my kid wears to daycare has led to a number of his friends - with backgrounds from all over the world - asking their parents for Bristol City tops. I don’t think that would have happened with more generic template.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Club would probably be keener on making a big issue of it now, specially because we have been poor. They want to have some feel good factor around the place, in the current climate it's good news and TBF it's a two way street. Hummel would want an announcement, it's part of what they get from the deal. 
Times have gone when you would only get announcements of the bigger things. The fact we have a Media Dept means everything will be bigged up and shouted about, it's the social media World.

Spot on mike 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I will try to get excited about the ‘Hummel Journey’

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I've always loved Hummel kits...them and Admiral by far the most aesthetically pleasing.

Would love to see a kit replicated from our first division days, with the Hummel 'Vs' as trim.

My favourite kits they ever did were for SC Bayer 05 Uerdingen from the mid 70s. 

My favourite ever boots were Hummel and I’ve always had a soft spot for their stuff since. The badge in the middle of the shirt needs to go, though. 
I’m sure this is a good deal for the club, though, so they can realistically put the bloody badge where they want! 

• Like 1