IGNORED

? City sign new six-year deal with hummel

Unan

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

My favourite ever boots were Hummel and I’ve always had a soft spot for their stuff since. The badge in the middle of the shirt needs to go, though. 
I’m sure this is a good deal for the club, though, so they can realistically put the bloody badge where they want! 

Never owned Hummel boots. Tbh...I can't remember seeing them. Loved a Puma King back in the day. Most memorable for all the wrong reasons...black and gold Patrick's made from Kangaroo leather. 

Agree with the badge placement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Never owned Hummel boots. Tbh...I can't remember seeing them. Loved a Puma King back in the day. Most memorable for all the wrong reasons...black and gold Patrick's made from Kangaroo leather. 

This was early-mid 90s mind. My glory days!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Loved my Puma Kings too….but by Mizuno moulds were probably the comfiest pair of boots I ever wore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Very good point.

Like when Tobacco & Alcohol were banned from shirts, sponsorship is harder to get the good deals. Smaller pond but just as many clubs searching. I think it will be harder to get near the money of previous Sponsors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Like when Tobacco & Alcohol were banned from shirts, sponsorship is harder to get the good deals. Smaller pond but just as many clubs searching. I think it will be harder to get near the money of previous Sponsors. 

You say that, but with all kids getting a free shirt with a season ticket, and gambling sponsors not being on the children's shirts, the new sponsor will have their logo and name displayed on potentially 1000s of new shirts going forward.

• Like 1

Hopefully a long term contract will mean there is a better range of leisure wear. You look at other clubs in the Hummel stable and they have a much better selection of t-shirts, polo's, shorts etc...

Our offerings on this has been woeful for years.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Hopefully a long term contract will mean there is a better range of leisure wear. You look at other clubs in the Hummel stable and they have a much better selection of t-shirts, polo's, shorts etc...

Our offerings on this has been woeful for years.

For me, the stuff I'd potentially buy wouldn't even be Hummel anyway. I'd be interested in subtle regular everyday t-shirts which Hummel are likely not going to be responsible for as they cover sportswear. The deal, I'm sure is great but fills me with zero optimism about a wide range that'd suit my preferences.

Only things I've bought in recent years are the grey Tokyo Time cap and the black embossed suitcase. Both look smart and not over-designed like the majority of stuff tends to be.

On 29/03/2022 at 17:47, And Its Smith said:

Jon Lansdown calls it a ‘great journey so far’ with Hummel.    I find it hard to believe that many fans give a damn about who makes our kit.  Is anyone excited about this ‘news’?

Me - we get bespoke kits. No more Star Trek horror shows.

On 29/03/2022 at 17:47, And Its Smith said:

Jon Lansdown calls it a ‘great journey so far’ with Hummel.    I find it hard to believe that many fans give a damn about who makes our kit.  Is anyone excited about this ‘news’?

Plus - it's what people see of us, it represents who we are. It is a literal visual representation of our team, so yes, it really matters.