IGNORED

Might Pearson walk?

SecretSam

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Year after year we have been told we want to be a premier league club. We are told how we are a sleeping giant. So there is an expectation here of success that is probably unfair for anyone and then you throw in a 50m or more loss over 2 seasons and not being able to really spend anything. Could wear on anyone

It has been suggested frequently over the years that we want to be a Premier League club, and I think that is a fair and reasonable suggestion.

I am not sure, however, that many ‘serious’ commentators or posters claim that we are ‘a sleeping giant’.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I feel like he is a bit a defeated. The size of the job wearing on him and the slow realisation that he can’t give the club what it needs. A lot of talk of if I am here. What he said in post match about maybe he feels like the season is over(or wants it to be already). Does not feel like a man that can grind a 46 game championship season anymore. Especially in a situation where you do not have means to fix the squad. 

Just how it feels to me. Think if he did feel that way, it would have some merit. I don’t know his track record of job but this could be one of the toughest he has taken on. Year after year we have been told we want to be a premier league club. We are told how we are a sleeping giant. So there is an expectation here of success that is probably unfair for anyone and then you throw in a 50m or more loss over 2 seasons and not being able to really spend anything. Could wear on anyone

I certainly didn’t get that impression from watching today’s press conference. He seems very much up for the challenge. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Agree. And for once some great questions. He responded well to that and spoke at length on a variety of issues. exactly what you want to hear. Far from walking away. 

Yes and again I like the fact that he isn’t focusing on the short term ‘me, me, me’. He sees his role is to improve the club for the longer term - even if the ultimate achievement comes after his time, he will have played his part in that success. It is no surprise that a lot of Leicester fans recognise his role before their Premier league win and give him a lot of credit. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, harrys said:

Umhh, tough one, but I would hazard a guess that he’s referring to his awful record over the last 15 months?

Yep, it’s really that simple ... after all, NP isn’t operating under any restrictions is he? He’s not trying to mop up the mess left by the reckless regime of LJ and MA is he? He has free rein to do whatever he wishes doesn’t he?! 

Good grief, the lack of awareness amongst some of our fans is frightening ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Sno said:

Carlisle was his first job and I'm assuming you forgot that Hull, with parachute payments, were one of the favourites to win the league.

Yep, but you said NP has “only ever managed BIG clubs” ... and yep, you put ‘BIG’ in capital letters, as if to emphasise the point, so you were including his first club - and I don’t think that receiving parachute payments makes a club ‘BIG’ overnight ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but you said NP has “only ever managed BIG clubs” ... and yep, you put ‘BIG’ in capital letters, as if to emphasise the point, so you were including his first club - and I don’t think that receiving parachute payments makes a club ‘BIG’ overnight ...

Hey BS4. Maybe we can ease of the pedantry with a new guy?

You're making some valid criticisms, but I think @Mr Sno's overarching point about Pearson's stock being low is fair as well. He's gone from the Prem to a struggling Champ team...its not exactly an upward trend.

@Mr Sno welcome. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You're making some valid criticisms, but I think @Mr Sno's overarching point about Pearson's stock being low is fair as well. He's gone from the Prem to a struggling Champ team...its not exactly an upward trend.

@Mr Sno welcome. 

That is very fair enough ExiledAjax - I didn’t realise @Mr Sno was new here - sincere apologies and welcome to the new guy ... ??

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Mr Sno welcome. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is very fair enough ExiledAjax - I didn’t realise @Mr Sno was new here - sincere apologies and welcome to the new guy ... ??

I’m a forum where we very often fall out, the above brings a lovely ‘warm inside’ feeling. You can be proud of yourselves there boys. 

Anyway, I’m back off to the “on this day in 2015” thread where I’m undoubtedly gonna fall out with some over Cotts/LJ. ?

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m a forum where we very often fall out, the above brings a lovely ‘warm inside’ feeling. You can be proud of yourselves there boys. 

Anyway, I’m back off to the “on this day in 2015” thread where I’m undoubtedly gonna fall out with some over Cotts/LJ. ?

LJ was great.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

he didnt look stressed yesterday driving past the sawyers at 5.0 oclock with his roof down,  looked pretty chilled out picking his nose?

Not sure why he would be stressed. 

Got himself into a position where "coasting and failure" is acceptable.

Thought his 'presser' yesterday was very enlightening. Reading between the lines (or reading too much into what he was saying), sounded like some backroom staff talked him into not walking at seasons end and looks like the end of the road for COD and King. Anyone else pick up on these vibes or is it just my dyslexic thinking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought his 'presser' yesterday was very enlightening. Reading between the lines (or reading too much into what he was saying), sounded like some backroom staff talked him into not walking at seasons end and looks like the end of the road for COD and King. Anyone else pick up on these vibes or is it just my dyslexic thinking.

I never saw anything in Largish Nige‘s presser’ to indicate that he was thinking of quitting, more that with the fans dissatisfaction after Peterborough and the poor results that maybe he would be shunted off. 
I like Pearson and his thinking is clear but evidently this is a results business and despite everything if we struggle after this summer’s transfer window then he will go. 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I never saw anything in Largish Nige‘s presser’ to indicate that he was thinking of quitting, more that with the fans dissatisfaction after Peterborough and the poor results that maybe he would be shunted off. 
I like Pearson and his thinking is clear but evidently this is a results business and despite everything if we struggle after this summer’s transfer window then he will go. 

Not losing the West Brom game was a massive moment for him.

58 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Reading way  too much into it imo sir Geoff. This isn’t a dig at you or anyone else but there’s quite a few that should just take his interviews at face value . He’s not a bluffer like LJ . He admitted he gets emotional . I like that about him but remember he’s getting interviewed about twenty minutes after a game when emotions are raw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

No I didn’t get that re the back room staff - I thought that was more about some of his staff challenging him re some changes he was considering on the pitch. 

• Like 1