IGNORED

Could it be LJ "unfinished business"

Waconda

44 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk part of me would like to see LJ with no MA. LJ was more the Szmodics, Brownhill and Webster signings it felt. Whereas Ashton was the Palmer, Wells and Dasilva signings. 

Then I think of how much I grew to hate listening to him after every game. How fast our form could go from promotion level to relegation level. And mostly how rough the ending was. 

There could be a time where LJ can come back but think it is too soon to really consider that. 

Wasn’t the story LJ had to be convinced for a long time for the club to sign Szmodics and wasn’t keen on him, whereas he wanted Kasey if he could get a full pre season with him and instead got given him shortly before the season 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Wasn’t the story LJ had to be convinced for a long time for the club to sign Szmodics and wasn’t keen on him, whereas he wanted Kasey if he could get a full pre season with him and instead got given him shortly before the season 

Agree.  Also, LJ had final sign off on all signings. How do I know? He said!!!! They were all his signings. 
If Ashton forced them on him, that shows LJ as weak - another reason to not go near him! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Agree.  Also, LJ had final sign off on all signings. How do I know? He said!!!! They were all his signings. 
If Ashton forced them on him, that shows LJ as weak - another reason to not go near him! 

Head coaches/managers say a lot and not always the truth, I believe Szmodics was a Ashton signing because he saw the potential of profit in Szmodics, Johnson’s quote at the time was along the lines that he had to be convinced but the stats presented made the case of someone they had to sign 

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

What’s your previous username ?

Really would help if people could see previous usernames so people can be held accountable for things they've previously said. It keeps coming up, can it be a 'thing'? @TomF

There's a few of them on here who frequently change their username (Ralph Milne instantly springs to mind) and come out of the woodwork whenever we've not won due to their vendetta against the manager , spouting utter drivel and trying to stir up shit & negativity on here. 

No one is saying the football or quality is great, but given what he's had to work with (the square root of **** all) compared to previous managers, we'd be in a heck of a lot worse spot than we are now. 

Fans demanding success when not grasping the realisation of the crap we're in. It wasn't long ago when there was talk of a points deduction because of us failing FFP so badly. Yet people think we should be buying/signing loads in the summer, having a full on rebuild? 

We lack quality. We pay extortionately high wages, with a poor return. Not sure what some of these blinkered fans expect, other than blood it seems. 

Edited by Akira
  • Like 10
  • Flames 6

17 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Ashton thought he could mirror the Brentford moneyball project , much praised by some on here. Unfortunately he believed his own bull crap. 

Was Ashton heavily stats based like moneyball is?  I’ve either forgotten that or completely missed it. Do you have any articles or info on it? I really don’t remember it being a moneyball type policy 

35 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Head coaches/managers say a lot and not always the truth, I believe Szmodics was a Ashton signing because he saw the potential of profit in Szmodics, Johnson’s quote at the time was along the lines that he had to be convinced but the stats presented made the case of someone they had to sign 

Exactly this. It would be nice to clear up this, LJ left us in debt debate. Because from the best of my knowledge, the instructions for buying young ( ‘ one for the future ‘ ), came from above, the amount of signings would of at the very least been given the green light from people above, who would of been in control of finances etc. I seem to remember to buying so many young ones, because the plan was that when someone was sold, we would have a ready made player in the U23’s to step up, again, the plan was set from above.  Is it a coincidence that the amount of signings Ipswich have made coincide with Ashton arriving? & listening to some on here, using certain agents. If LJ was to blame for anything, it would of been for his belief that he could of coached these players to become better & add value. I really don’t think that if LJ had a choice between Barry Bannan or Liam Walsh, he would of gone for Walsh! But that decision came from above. COYR 

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

As ever Wacadonda or VT or his various guises wins troll of the season . Disgraceful poster who has nothing positive to say ever . Has been invited to meet the club and management but runs away . People like this are a parasite on the club and represent the very worst that happens on this forum .

man up . Come clean and let’s meet at the club and talk through your bile. You won’t . You hide behind changing accounts so you can spew your nonsense . 

What was VT?

6 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Exactly this. It would be nice to clear up this, LJ left us in debt debate. Because from the best of my knowledge, the instructions for buying young ( ‘ one for the future ‘ ), came from above, the amount of signings would of at the very least been given the green light from people above, who would of been in control of finances etc. I seem to remember to buying so many young ones, because the plan was that when someone was sold, we would have a ready made player in the U23’s to step up, again, the plan was set from above.  Is it a coincidence that the amount of signings Ipswich have made coincide with Ashton arriving? & listening to some on here, using certain agents. If LJ was to blame for anything, it would of been for his belief that he could of coached these players to become better & add value. I really don’t think that if LJ had a choice between Barry Bannan or Liam Walsh, he would of gone for Walsh! But that decision came from above. COYR 

The amount of leaps some on the forum go through the make LJ the villain for everything is laughable. I've seen discussions on here that Harry Redknapp wasn't at fault for overspending at the likes of Pompey because those above him authorised the buying of the players, however when it comes to City its LJ's fault he spends a budget he's given if he even did ie Ashton buying players as well ?‍♂️

Edited by Lrrr

Will it happen: Unlikely

Could It Happen: Possibly

Would he take the job if offered: Absolutely

Would the fans get behind him: Doubtful

Could he win them around: Maybe

Should he have been sacked: No

Are we better since he left: No

Is his style of football entertaining: Yes

Did we look better under him: Yes

Would I personally have him back: Yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

The amount of leaps some on the forum go through the make LJ the villain for everything is laughable. I've seen discussions on here that Harry Redknapp wasn't at fault for overspending at the likes of Pompey because those above him authorised the buying of the players, however when it comes to City its LJ's fault he spends a budget he's given ?‍♂️

As with most things on here, it depends on which side of the fence you sit. Which is probably why I find myself sitting on the fence quite a lot. But there is definitely a lot of personal vendettas against him, sometimes because of the jacket he wore, the coaching phrases he used, the dad he has, the fact he smiled/laughed in an interview, his height, the fact he replaced Cotts or because he backs himself to be able to coach. I wonder what percentage of people have actually met him, spent some time with him from all his detractors, to back up their seemingly personal agendas. COYR 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Well then he’s weak for accepting a player he didn’t want and a liar about having final sign-off…. None of which presents him in a positive light! 

We shouldn’t go back to LJ. 

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Well then he’s weak for accepting a player he didn’t want and a liar about having final sign-off…. None of which presents him in a positive light! 

If you’re boss gives you an instruction, you are weak if you follow it? There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes at a football club, that I don’t think a lot of people appreciate or understand. You only have to look at LJ’s last interview to know his real thoughts. COYR 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Ashton thought he could mirror the Brentford moneyball project , much praised by some on here. Unfortunately he believed his own bull crap. 

…but didn’t create the same set up as Brentford. Go figure!!

50 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Was Ashton heavily stats based like moneyball is?  I’ve either forgotten that or completely missed it. Do you have any articles or info on it? I really don’t remember it being a moneyball type policy 

I believe Ashton did moneyball with the word ball removed. Very agent based. You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours type stuff.

26 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What was VT?

VT05763 is Waconda - changed their name. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

If you’re boss gives you an instruction, you are weak if you follow it? There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes at a football club, that I don’t think a lot of people appreciate or understand. You only have to look at LJ’s last interview to know his real thoughts. COYR 

To reinforce your point, his objection to signing Defoe* appears to have been a significant factor in his sacking by Sunderland.

Do as you're told, get sacked. Disobey an order, get sacked. The life of a football manager.

*he was proved right of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

He didn’t. The one I know for certain is that prior to signing Nagy, we were about to resign Skuse. LJ was “given” Nagy and told he couldn’t have Skuse.

If that happened on that deal, you can bet it happened on others

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

To reinforce your point, his objection to signing Defoe* appears to have been a significant factor in his sacking by Sunderland.

Do as you're told, get sacked. Disobey an order, get sacked. The life of a football manager.

*he was proved right of course.

Spot on. And the same with departures. Webster and Brownhill. 

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Another post that reverts to 'vendetta' and conspiracy theory nonsense because some posts and posters dont share your views

Your solution is to invade privacy because your post wants others to have the exact same view or else it's wrong. 

Amazing how rather than having a discussion posts like this adopt the same blinkered mantra that they accuse others of. 

Believe it or not, there's lots and lots of others here and elsewhere who are currently unhappy with NP. 

I spose you'll want their names and addresses or whatever too?

The entitlement of this place and our fans in general is somewhat baffling at times. 

Especially when others try and control what others think because they dont agree with it. 

It's possible to support the same club and have completely different views without being antagonistic or wanting draconian control methods either. 

I said yesterday that this whole NP situation is now weird, looks like some posts are also trying to join in that. 

For the record. zilch name changes, so kinda renders your  other discussion moot there too. 

Can I just point something out…

@Akira stated “Ralph Milne springs to mind” as someone who he thought had used multiple usernames/accounts. He didn’t reference you, under your username, at all.

So, that being the case, and working on the basis you’re not Ralph Milne (clearly not literally, the blokes dead), why the intensely passionate defence/denial?

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I can’t see LJ coming back to BS3. 

I think he would jump at the chance! 

LJ’s ego would not allow otherwise and the ‘ I was right all along’ quotes would not be long in coming.

It would be a disaster, yes, at times, we played better football but not in his last two seasons and remember he / they spent more money than has ever been spent here.

All of that said, I am pretty sure Nige will go in the summer and it would be no surprise if LJ walks through the door. Be interesting to see how that would go with a zero transfer budget - badly, I suspect, with a return to the #cosyclub.

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Haven't said we should go back to him, but with someone like Ashton above him deny or refuse him too often and you'd be the one out of the job. Also know LJ wasn't allowed to recall players from loan that he wanted around the match day squad and told to leave them out on loan.