IGNORED

Man City vs Liverpool

The Coach

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The game had a draw written all over it but our local bookie BetFred closed a couple of weeks ago and I really don’t like online betting so never put a tenner on the draw. Short odds I imagine.

Great bit of aftertiming there, I seemed to have missed your post throughout the whole game saying it would be a draw, straight after full time it was obvious!! It should have been game over by HT, Man City could have easily been 3 in front. 

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

Bit harsh. He did score a fantastic goal, and others were equally guilty of missed chances 

Harsh? Twice he shot from silly angles when a simple square pass would have meant tap ins. At that level, I would have expected the simple pass rather than the 'I want to score' attitude.

As you said, not the only one but, IMHO, the most guilty.

• Like 2

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Harsh? Twice he shot from silly angles when a simple square pass would have meant tap ins. At that level, I would have expected the simple pass rather than the 'I want to score' attitude.

As you said, not the only one but, IMHO, the most guilty.

I only saw one, but fair enough. I agree that generally speaking you would expect elite footballers to make the right decisions. Man City are usually phenomenal in that respect

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Great bit of aftertiming there, I seemed to have missed your post throughout the whole game saying it would be a draw, straight after full time it was obvious!! It should have been game over by HT, Man City could have easily been 3 in front. 

Not ‘aftertiming’ just common sense.

Two evenly matched teams, both full of very classy players fighting it out all season to win the PL with nothing between them. 

It was bound to be a draw just as it was at Anfield.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I only saw one, but fair enough. I agree that generally speaking you would expect elite footballers to make the right decisions. Man City are usually phenomenal in that respect

Decision making wise we're not that much different to Man  city then!

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two evenly matched teams, both full of very classy players fighting it out all season to win the PL with nothing between them. 

Yet bookies were probably offering 5/2 for something that was a certainty to be a draw, and you didn't bet it and make a fortune. Very strange.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Did Klopp just say Liverpool controlled the game? Mad

That's what separates the top managers. They were all over the place first half yet very good in the second. Not sure they controlled the game but you can see what he was getting at.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

That's what separates the top managers. They were all over the place first half yet very good in the second. Not sure they controlled the game but you can see what he was getting at.

Quite simply. He’s saving face and not admitting Man City were better. Sensible move by Klopp given what’s at stake.

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My mum every year says if I put money on the National, that’s the one I picked to win. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Hard, but not impossible to control the game with 45% possession.  I don’t think either team controlled it. Man City better first half, Liverpool better second. Both teams struggled against the breakaway, which suggests neither team controlled it 

Both play a high line so breakaways inevitable, but makes for exciting football.

41 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Yet bookies were probably offering 5/2 for something that was a certainty to be a draw, and you didn't bet it and make a fortune. Very strange.

As I posted earlier - there’s no longer a bookies in Nailsea and I don’t do online betting. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As I posted earlier - there’s no longer a bookies in Nailsea and I don’t do online betting. 

On the subject of bookies I didn't realise until yesterday the one opposite the Robins had gone! Went to put a bet on for the national yesterday.

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I'm not disputing that at all, but I've lived through too many Premier League seasons to take anything for granted 

Villa at home last day could be interesting considering their manager.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You have an absolute certainty, you can at least triple your stake, but just couldn't be bothered to go to another bookie. I'd be driving as far as needed to get the money on myself, it's pretty simple stuff if you are going to then pick up a load of hard cash, on such a certainty. Or just ring up a mate who will either be close a bookies shop, or indeed do it online for me. Surely one of your mates could have got plenty on in one of the shops in Horfield? Just saying....

• Thanks 1