IGNORED

Klose. Next season.

DT The Optimist

1 minute ago, Mr Sno said:

I would be happy next season with 4 cbs of Klose Atkinson Baker and one other, happy to see Kalas Cundy Moore and Vyner leave. Considering the money made both in sales and wages we should be able to get an established centre half, assuming that that are any takes for the above.

I wouldn't be so unhappy with that - but I just can't see Baker being anywhere near a football match next season. For his own sake. 

• Like 2

Think we’ll keep him but purely because we’ll get rid of a lot of centre backs. Kalas has a year left - last chance to cash in, Nige doesn’t seem to fancy Vyner/Moore, Cundy also has a contract expiring and no one knows whether Baker will stay on or retire. Atkinson looking like the only centre back that will stay for certain 

Edit: For clarity I would opt to keep both Klose and Cundy

Edited by Charlie BCFC
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I noticed yesterday how Atkinson brought the ball out defence and he immediately reminded me of Webster. I’m not sure that’s due to Klose being alongside him tho.

I could because Nige has encouraged him to be more aggressive and proactive both in defending but in possession as well and we saw glimpses of that at Stoke yesterday.

As for Klose - much depends on what happens this summer but a further extension of another season would be a sensible option imo.

I think for a CH to bring the ball out as often as RA did yesterday, he needs total confidence in the other CH. may be a coincidence, but he didn’t do it alongside just Kalas, but he is doing it now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I think for a CH to bring the ball out as often as RA did yesterday, he needs total confidence in the other CH. may be a coincidence, but he didn’t do it alongside just Kalas, but he is doing it now. 

Maybe but Atikinson did say quite recently that Nige had encouraged him to be more aggressive when defending and when in possession. Yesterday was the first time that seen RA ‘do a Webster’. I was both surprised and impressed when he did it and hopefully we’ll see more of it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

Why not keep all three?

Several times over the past couple of seasons we’ve been short of CBs after just one or two injuries/suspensions.

Kalas will be back to the top class player he is when he’s had a rest and got his injury fixed. 

I’m assuming Baker will retire (and probably Vyner leave)….and that will leave us needing all four (inc Atkinson) and give us a good mix of experience and youth in there. 

Because NP said a couple of weeks ago that CB is a priority, so I would assume that he has  one or two lined up to come in. Can't keep them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Think we’ll keep him but purely because we’ll get rid of a lot of centre backs. Kalas has a year left - last chance to cash in, Nige doesn’t seem to fancy Vyner/Moore, Cundy also has a contract expiring and no one knows whether Baker will stay on or retire. Atkinson looking like the only centre back that will stay for certain 

Edit: For clarity I would opt to keep both Klose and Cundy

One at the back next season then, with a 7 man midfield!

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe but Atikinson did say quite recently that Nige had encouraged him to be more aggressive when defending and when in possession. Yesterday was the first time that seen RA ‘do a Webster’. I was both surprised and impressed when he did it and hopefully we’ll see more of it.

I’m sure I’ve seen Atkinson has brought the ball out quite a few times this season, so yesterday wasn’t his first time?

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Will be interesting to see if any do make the trip to Easy Anglia.  Wouldn’t surprise me.

He would be great in league 1. Would be a good move for him. He’s ok in championship but needs to be part of a settled defence where he is drilled in his roll. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Because NP said a couple of weeks ago that CB is a priority, so I would assume that he has  one or two lined up to come in. Can't keep them all.

I’d assumed that was down to losing Baker, Moore and Vyner. Agree we can’t keep them all, but there’s more obvious departures than Kalas in my view (although I get money is an issue as well as just numbers).

31 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I’m sure I’ve seen Atkinson has brought the ball out quite a few times this season, so yesterday wasn’t his first time?

Yes, did it loads early part of the season….statistically he is in the top 22% of CBs for Progressive Runs, top 40% for dribbles / top 15% for successful dribbles.  A part of his game that we can benefit from going forward., 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, did it loads early part of the season….statistically he is in the top 22% of CBs for Progressive Runs, top 40% for dribbles / top 15% for successful dribbles.  A part of his game that we can benefit from going forward., 

Cheers Dave, I knew I wasn’t going mad. But only just recently had back surgery so on lots of meds thought I may have been talking crap ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

I’d definitely hope to see him here next season. I think he’s done well, and also seems to have a great knack of interacting with fans in a way that seems very natural.

Last week he was seemed to be apologising for the inept display and got a few claps in amongst all the boos.

Yesterday he got a few laughs too, leaving the pitch last and pretending that he thought the booing of the officials was aimed at him.

Just seems genuine and down to earth. 

That was a great moment wasn't it. Made me laugh, he has a great rapport with the fans and seems a steadying head who talks players through the game.

For those that weren't at Stoke, the tunnel is in the corner of the pitch right in front of the away fans. We were obviously in a buoyant mood and clapped our players off. Last to leave the pitch was the Ref and his assistants who got roundly booed.

Except they weren’t last but Klose who was just behind and started to clap the fans only to hear all the booing. He mocked looking confused, pointed at himself and gestured ‘what me?’ and all the fans laughed and he joined in. I can’t remember what he did, conducted us or took a bow but it was a great moment from a player who hasn’t been here very long.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Keep

I'd also hope that NP would work very closely with Taylor Moore in the off-season, just to see if NP can turn Moore's career around.

He can play - but is a confidence player. If NP can instill some, it would go a long long way to solving a few on and off field problems.

I rate Taylor Moore - there is a championship quality player in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Keep

I'd also hope that NP would work very closely with Taylor Moore in the off-season, just to see if NP can turn Moore's career around.

He can play - but is a confidence player. If NP can instill some, it would go a long long way to solving a few on and off field problems.

I rate Taylor Moore - there is a championship quality player in there.

No chance, NP told him he has no future with us, he’s not coming back.

Hearts reaching the cup final yesterday (& Europe as a result) might help us there.

Don’t agree that he’s Championship quality, either.

Had plenty of chances & just looks sub standard.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

For what it's worth, I understand that Klose is very popular with the squad and has been since he came in, has a good sense of humour apparently.

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Atkinson said that his illness had lingered and that he was lacking energy even in training. Before that he was making some excellent runs forward, even pushing into positions inside the left wing back. It's only now that he is feeling fit enough to trust himself to get back again once he has gone forward.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No chance, NP told him he has no future with us, he’s not coming back.

Hearts reaching the cup final yesterday (& Europe as a result) might help us there.

Don’t agree that he’s Championship quality, either.

Had plenty of chances & just looks sub standard.

Lansbury also looked poor in "our" team.

Klose needs to be offered a new contract excellent for us has bought a calm head to the defence a class act. After all his injury problems he needs to feel wanted again. He has shown that he is willing to work hard and show the youngsters the way would be a real asset next season.